Error Instruments?

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

Richard deHove
Common Wiggler

Re: Error Instruments?

Post by Richard deHove » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:06 am

bemushroomed wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:34 am
Raw Drum. This was exactly what i wanted and what i had hoped for, but perhaps a bit better even. Really love this module, tons of sweet spots for crazy glitch, fun to CV, audio modulation was cool too. 100% to my taste. If the demo video had been Lined-in then no doubt it would have ordered it without hesitation, now it felt too much like a crap shot, i was far from confident that this would be a keeper.
Edit: this module does not work completely (trigger input only works sometimes).. will have to send back.
I've been on the fence about getting Raw Drum. Looks good, but like you said the poor sound quality on the video is a bit off-putting. Not into chiptune stuff but I like the idea of the drum sound and extreme modulation potential. I do have Cloudbusting already which is wonderful.

Did you get your trigger issue solved?

bemushroomed
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bemushroomed » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:26 am

Richard deHove wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:06 am
bemushroomed wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:34 am
Raw Drum. This was exactly what i wanted and what i had hoped for, but perhaps a bit better even. Really love this module, tons of sweet spots for crazy glitch, fun to CV, audio modulation was cool too. 100% to my taste. If the demo video had been Lined-in then no doubt it would have ordered it without hesitation, now it felt too much like a crap shot, i was far from confident that this would be a keeper.
Edit: this module does not work completely (trigger input only works sometimes).. will have to send back.
I've been on the fence about getting Raw Drum. Looks good, but like you said the poor sound quality on the video is a bit off-putting. Not into chiptune stuff but I like the idea of the drum sound and extreme modulation potential. I do have Cloudbusting already which is wonderful.

Did you get your trigger issue solved?
i've been too lazy to send it in... it works if i fiddle with it for a bit, sometimes it works directly. The direct out (which i often use for modulation) always works. its not a huge issue.. He seems like an honest guy, i could also exchange my Marilyn's Bang (which sucked, imo) for something else, but i just sold it off instead. Quality on the other hand, like many have written already, it seems pretty bad tbh... it was not exactly a good first impression when 1 out of 2 module werent working correctly.

its not exactly chip tunes sound from this i would say, it's more extreme than that.. i really like the sound.
Last edited by bemushroomed on Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Richard deHove
Common Wiggler

Post by Richard deHove » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:14 pm

Would love to hear some well recorded raw drum sometime :)

And I do recommend contacting Paul at EI about the trigger issue, I've found him extremely good if there's a problem.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”