Zoia is now modular Euroburo

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

shoottofill
Common Wiggler

Zoia is now modular Euroburo

Post by shoottofill » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:36 am

haven't seen anything on cost and availability yet.
Last edited by shoottofill on Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

CaneMan
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Zoia is now modular

Post by CaneMan » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:25 am

That's just not fair. I was already tempted when it was a pedal.

starthief
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by starthief » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:38 am

This was hinted at in the PEDAL CRUSH book, so I'm not too surprised to see it. I think if I hadn't gone the Bitwig integration route, I'd be drooling right now -- I expect it's gonna be very popular, especially if the price is right.

The mention of using it for LFO outputs already means it has some advantage over the ER-301. But I expect the ER-301 will maintain its edge in the area of buffer manipulation though (sampling/looping/delays/etc.)
"music... a weird bunch of sounds that had no point but made things feel a little better"

starthief.bandcamp.comstarthief.netModularGrid

CaneMan
Wiggling with Experience

Post by CaneMan » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:56 am

starthief wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:38 am
The mention of using it for LFO outputs already means it has some advantage over the ER-301. But I expect the ER-301 will maintain its edge in the area of buffer manipulation though (sampling/looping/delays/etc.)
I just love how conceptually different the two modules are. Not only do they have different use cases, but their interfaces are dramatically different. I'm already committed to a specific path for this year, but I'm tempted by both modules for different reasons.

peripatitis

Post by peripatitis » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:02 am

wow, I've been really thinking about getting one, but was annoyed by the lack of feed I/o but this...

That M. Jaque fellow is crushing it with his zoia patches btw.

chapelier fou
Ultra Wiggler

Post by chapelier fou » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:14 am

Just in case : original zoia has two cvs outs/ins.

peripatitis

Post by peripatitis » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:41 am

chapelier fou wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:14 am
I wasn't aware of that, thanks! The question for me is, can you process things mid chain?
For example, can you take the output of a process send it to a filter in the modular and return it back for further processing?
That would be special.

deftinwulf
Wiggling with Experience

Post by deftinwulf » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:35 pm

Edit: So it comes with both a standalone enclosure or can be racked... neat. :mrgreen:

Severed head
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Severed head » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:40 pm

as I mentioned in one of the other 2 threads about this looks cool
but better get the nitrox course ready and prep for deep diving.
WTB: modules, MA35 filter.
:help:

Flounderguts
Common Wiggler

Post by Flounderguts » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:53 pm

SOLD!
----------------------

Flounderguts

hawkfuzz
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by hawkfuzz » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:20 pm

chapelier fou wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:14 am
Huh? MIDI I/O and one Control Port which can do the job.

hawkfuzz
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by hawkfuzz » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:24 pm

Id take this in addition to my pedal

c0rpse
Wiggling with Experience

Post by c0rpse » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:48 pm

hawkfuzz wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:24 pm
Id take this in addition to my pedal
That's how I feel, especially if it has just a little more processor power too.
VINO MALO | Designer and Software Developer for WMD

2disbetter
Ultra Wiggler

Post by 2disbetter » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:31 am

starthief wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:38 am
This was hinted at in the PEDAL CRUSH book, so I'm not too surprised to see it. I think if I hadn't gone the Bitwig integration route, I'd be drooling right now -- I expect it's gonna be very popular, especially if the price is right.

I had similar thoughts with the SSP versus the 301. What I've learned is that all the capability in the world doesn't drive interest if the design, cost, or user interface are offputting. I'm not saying that I think even of these things about the SSP. Perception is important, and sadly some perception can't be changed until the individual has tried the the module themselves.

What I am saying though is that even though the Euroburo appears to have some functionality that my 301 doesn't, I'm not immediately interested. I have tons of LFOs already, and those LFOs take up a much smaller amount of hp. The Euroburo has significantly less inputs, and that already hampers its utility.

Something that big with all the buttons, etc. being used just as an effects unit... sorry not sold in the slightest.

That said, I like the design of the module. The small screen and big knob are pretty nice. (I mean that. I like compact design.)

I've seen Cuckoo use the stompbox version, and it was nice, but also seems very deluge, OP1 like. Jack of all, master of none.

peripatitis

Post by peripatitis » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:13 am

I also agree, I couldn't care less about the 15 lfo's, or how it could function as a modulator within euro. Indeed there are so many modules now that doe these things (ssp, er301, etc). But not having a send return I/o doesn't feel logical to me.
However judging by a number of videos on youtube it does sound great, so I might go for the pedal version.

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:53 am

Would you mind changing the subject to add "Euroburo" so that more users can find it? Locked a thread about this already, it would help to keep posts on this thread instead of creating new ones. Thank you!
All rights reserved; all wrongs reversed.

chorus7
Yeah that's right

Post by chorus7 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:54 am

Wonder how many HP? Looks like 32? Or 34...

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:01 am

chorus7 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:54 am
Wonder how many HP? Looks like 32? Or 34...
Modular grid says 34 https://www.modulargrid.net/e/other-unk ... a-euroburo and that looks about right.
All rights reserved; all wrongs reversed.

shoottofill
Common Wiggler

Post by shoottofill » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:11 am

Paranormal Patroler wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:53 am
Would you mind changing the subject to add "Euroburo" so that more users can find it? Locked a thread about this already, it would help to keep posts on this thread instead of creating new ones. Thank you!
done.

Risc_Terilia
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Zoia is now modular Euroburo

Post by Risc_Terilia » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:33 am

Someone told me that it doesn't sample the CV inputs very fast though, is that the case?

ggillon
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ggillon » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:30 am

Can't stop reading it "eurobro" :hihi:

hawkfuzz
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by hawkfuzz » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:14 pm

Still waiting for the comments on 2 CV outs/ins to be answered. I'm to assume they were incorrect.

chapelier fou
Ultra Wiggler

Post by chapelier fou » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:50 am

Yes, my mistake. The expression input can be broke into 1 cv in and 1 cv out. From the manual, as I never used them.

Arneb
Common Wiggler

Post by Arneb » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:33 am

2disbetter wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:31 am
I had similar thoughts with the SSP versus the 301. What I've learned is that all the capability in the world doesn't drive interest if the design, cost, or user interface are offputting. I'm not saying that I think even of these things about the SSP. Perception is important, and sadly some perception can't be changed until the individual has tried the the module themselves.
The problem in general is, when your modules get too complex, you start losing the advantages of going DAWless. I haven't really looked into the SSP, but I'd expect it to be such a case - I can't really imagine how it's supposed to outcompete a cheap laptop or tablet running Ardour hooked up to your rack via a Focusrite Scarlett.

2disbetter
Ultra Wiggler

Post by 2disbetter » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:02 am

Arneb wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:33 am
2disbetter wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:31 am
The problem in general is, when your modules get too complex, you start losing the advantages of going DAWless. I haven't really looked into the SSP, but I'd expect it to be such a case - I can't really imagine how it's supposed to outcompete a cheap laptop or tablet running Ardour hooked up to your rack via a Focusrite Scarlett.
Yeah I can understand someone struggling with that. In an effort to not derail this thread, I'll keep it brief:
The SSP has a higher resolution DAC and ADC than almost all computers. This means for the purposes of sampling, your samples will have the highest fidelity. This is useful when mangling them and maintaining the purest form of any processed analog audio. Beyond this, it gives you patches which work with your eurorack by design, and with abundant I/O. 16 inputs DC coupled, 8 output DC coupled. It is a part of your rack and not an appendage. A massive modular system in a module part of a modular system. (say that 3 times fast.) Get all of that on a computer and you've spent more than the SSP costs. (And one side note: this has been discussed ad naseum in most of the SSP threads.)

Back on topic:
I would like to see some more eurorack / modular specific examples of this.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”