Where to next

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, Kent, Joe.

beelsebub
Learning to Wiggle

Where to next

Post by beelsebub » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:06 am

Hi!

I'm fairly new in the modular world in the middle of building my first eurorack case. Mu plan was to do some bleak industrial, eerie soundscapes and the like.

I love my Instruo complex osc and want to keep it as my main sound source, But I'm kinda lost here. What modulation sources, additional smaller oscs, quantisezs, noise sources, effects, propably another filer, etc? What can i to get the system to kinda semi randomly play it self. The I idea beyond Scion was brilliant.

Probably gonna sell that doepfer spring reverb and getting some else

I'd like to hear your opinions on where to go next. I'm not made of money so cost friendly options are very welcome. :) Preferably sciff friendly modules

Here's my current setup:

-Beelz

Moerder
Common Wiggler

Re: Where to next

Post by Moerder » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:13 am

heyho! not really going to comment on module choices.'pro' tip: include an actual link to modgrid, not pictures. cheers :)

cg_funk
Wiggling with Experience

Post by cg_funk » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:25 am

Looks like you are off to a good start!
You’ve got Batumi for modulations, Maths for envelopes and madness, and you put some VCAs in too! Good work.

I happen to like a delay effect, Chronoblob v1 is what I use, but today there are a huge number of exciting alternatives.

Other things that are fun: side chaining, saturation and distortion, stereo effects... it never ends..
Modulargrid: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1069607

The last session I recorded in the USA before relocating to Denmark:
https://soundcloud.com/mod_gene/zone-overture

revtor
Dialing it in..

Post by revtor » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:02 pm

For “self playing” you’d probably want some sort of random source and I guess a quantizer or two. Or a sequencer or two for more controlled self playing.. Comparators can create timing signals from envelopes, random sources or lfo’s. These timing signals can step sequencers, envelopes etc. a preamp/envelope detector can give your modular a loose type of sync to other audio sources which can help so while it self plays it is still connected to other studio happenings.
Fellow North Jersey Synthaholic

EATyourGUITAR
has no life

Post by EATyourGUITAR » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:57 pm

ohmsonic makes the coolest melody generator. if you want to make industrial goth music you will need a way to play strings (keyboards or computer). you will also need a way to distort. also some kick drum. maybe a dedicated ratchet or pamelas workout for ratchet stuff.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

b9
Common Wiggler

Post by b9 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:21 pm

A cheap, used rené could be an interesting journey. And an o_C because you don't have one and it can play some very interesting tunes, chord changes, and do random magic. Those two combined could generate their own unique intertwined melodies for an eternity. And you probably want a temps_utile, Pam's NW, or a tempi to push the notes, modulations, and envelopes out. It looks like you're off to a great start with your choices so far.

Pelsea
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Pelsea » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:35 pm

I like the SSF Ultra Random analog and sloths. The first produces pitch patterns and the second will tweak parameters.
Books and tutorials at http://peterelsea.com
Patch responsibly-
pqe

Return to “Eurorack Modules”