Robaux 3PT

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

J_Behan
Common Wiggler

Re: Robaux 3PT

Post by J_Behan » Fri May 01, 2020 6:19 am

paperCUT wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:14 am
Toothpick and some white paint will sort that out ;)
Yeah, I might give that a go. Some modes really need the pot position to be clearly visible. I asked Exploding Shed about it and they said Robaux was calling it the 'black knob edition'. Maybe I'll hold off for a while and see if I just get used to it.

I do like the module though. It's not as deep as an O&C obviously, but it's more hands on and fun to play. It would make a great addition to a small/live case especially.

bommelito
Common Wiggler

Post by bommelito » Sun May 31, 2020 9:47 am

I've been searching for some technical specs, especially for LFO mode, but couldn't find anything.
Can someone provide these data

- LFO range
- multiplication factors

The wave shapes seem to morph like this (CW to CCW): sine - triangle - saw - rect.

Thanks!

mrhooks
Common Wiggler

Post by mrhooks » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:09 pm

This module looks fantastic! It seems easy enough to use that one might not even need to consult the manual. I'm not a fan of PCB panels, but I guess it's the only way to get the cool lights. Robaux's Instagram makes it sound like pre-built modules will be released only for a short run. If so, I hope I am ready to buy one when they become available, or that other people will build and (re)sell them.

One thing that maybe could be better is it could have the main knob control something in every mode. Currently, only two of the seven modes even use it. Either move an important function from one of the small knobs to the main knob (such as root note in chord progression mode) to free up a small knob for an additional function (maybe add inversions to chord progression mode), or if possible, find some creative way to use it to control probability/variation in some of the other modes.
WTB: original MI Rings panel
Also looking for someone willing to make a couple small changes to Rings firmware

aragorn23
Common Wiggler

Post by aragorn23 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:30 am

Airell wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:55 am
I can't get it to go higher than 4.8-ish volts, not 5. The trimmers on the back all go to max and the three top trimmers on the from are only used to calibrate right?
Did you ever figure this out? I'm also struggling to tune the first two channels because the back trimmers can't quite reach 5V...

Airell
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Airell » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:09 pm

aragorn23 wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:30 am
Airell wrote:
I can't get it to go higher than 4.8-ish volts, not 5. The trimmers on the back all go to max and the three top trimmers on the from are only used to calibrate right?
Did you ever figure this out? I'm also struggling to tune the first two channels because the back trimmers can't quite reach 5V...
No, I'm sorry... I just learned to live with it... :(

aragorn23
Common Wiggler

Post by aragorn23 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:28 am

Airell wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:09 pm
aragorn23 wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:30 am
Airell wrote:
No, I'm sorry... I just learned to live with it... :(
After chatting to the module designer I realised that the instructions for calibration are actually slightly ambiguous - I was trying to calibrate using the trimpots on the back of the module and you're supposed to use the actual pots on the front :doh:

Airell
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Airell » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:49 am

aragorn23 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:28 am
After chatting to the module designer I realised that the instructions for calibration are actually slightly ambiguous - I was trying to calibrate using the trimpots on the back of the module and you're supposed to use the actual pots on the front :doh:
Even then... for me I can't calibrate it higher than 4.8v.
Pots on the back all the way max and tuning with the knobs at the front.

Did you work it out?

aragorn23
Common Wiggler

Post by aragorn23 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:57 am

Airell wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:49 am
aragorn23 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:28 am
Even then... for me I can't calibrate it higher than 4.8v.
Pots on the back all the way max and tuning with the knobs at the front.

Did you work it out?
Yeah, I couldn't get it higher than 4.8v either, so I just programmed it with a 4 octave range instead of 5.

MARK27
Wiggling with Experience

Post by MARK27 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:05 pm

For me, I think I would be really into this module if the UI was built around a long throw fader instead of a knob. I bet you could design a fader version in the same hp (or very close). It would just have a slightly different layout. Of course, this is totally just personal preference, but I really do love the idea of controllers with more visual feedback. I could totally imagine like a bank of eight faders that just had single led indicators to display the CV modulated value.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”