FLUX - Temporal Modulation Rhythm Sequencer Launching Soon on Kickstarter

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

vouna
Learning to Wiggle

Re: FLUX - Temporal Modulation Rhythm Sequencer Launching Soon on Kickstarter

Post by vouna » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:36 pm

Been considering picking up a sampler to go with FLUX, possibly assimil8or. Curious what others are looking forward to pairing with FLUX when it arrives?

mdoudoroff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mdoudoroff » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:39 pm

Sounds like there’ll be a major public web site update in the next week or two.

Marizu
Common Wiggler

Post by Marizu » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:44 pm

vouna wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:36 pm
Been considering picking up a sampler to go with FLUX, possibly assimil8or. Curious what others are looking forward to pairing with FLUX when it arrives?
For sampling duties, I have a Bitbox Micro. I've had it since release and it seems pretty cool so far, but it is a little low on inputs. You have to spend a bit of thought and time choosing and managing the inputs. The full size Bitbox 2 looks better in that regard.
Assimil8or looks absolutely amazing, A couple of my friends have it, and the sound quality is incredible. There are a good number of inputs for each voice. I really like the Micro, but my choice was constrained by budget.

Precarious
Common Wiggler

Post by Precarious » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:55 pm

Marizu wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:28 pm
Yeah. I'm a backer and his weekly updates are only visible to us. He's been making solid progress, taking feedback and making improvements the whole time. I can't wait to get hold of it!
Seriously, he thinks of things I wouldn't have. The new swing features are pretty nuts. It's hard to keep track of all the innovations that have come after the campaign ended as he finalizes the initial firmware. So many incredible features added.

mdoudoroff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mdoudoroff » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:34 pm

Regarding the sampler question, I’m no expert, but one thing I’ve noticed about Flux is that it can generate so many triggers so quickly that sampler latency and how it behaves with retriggering may all matter more than usual.

Precarious
Common Wiggler

Post by Precarious » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:43 pm

mdoudoroff wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:34 pm
Regarding the sampler question, I’m no expert, but one thing I’ve noticed about Flux is that it can generate so many triggers so quickly that sampler latency and how it behaves with retriggering may all matter more than usual.
That's what I'd suspect. And even a sampler with low enough latency will give dead air if there is even the tiniest amount of silence at the beginning of the sample.

Funky40
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Funky40 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:41 pm

time will tell what samplers will work, how good, and how good compared to another,
and how far we could come with CV2midi to just trigger that desktop or racksampler.

maybe *that* should "then" become a own thread,..... i´d suggest to do so.
could be a complex topic with alots to tell or discuss.
and might be a win to have it dense in one spot, rather than beeing burried in the depth of all other talking
For sale:........it won´t sell, so i stopp bother you ;)

Funky40
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Funky40 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:42 pm

and, ohh yeah, to w atch the development of the fW was just :yay:

:sb:
For sale:........it won´t sell, so i stopp bother you ;)

Macro/micro
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Macro/micro » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:57 pm

Funky40 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:41 pm
time will tell what samplers will work, how good, and how good compared to another,
and how far we could come with CV2midi to just trigger that desktop or racksampler.

and might be a win to have it dense in one spot, rather than beeing burried in the depth of all other talking
I support this notion of having a separate thread to talk about anything related to it triggering other units, their latency, etc.

I’m a kickstarter pledger and CANT WAIT to mess with it! Definitely been my best experience with backing a product on Kickstarter, his updates are awesome.

vouna
Learning to Wiggle

Post by vouna » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:58 pm

Marizu wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:44 pm
For sampling duties, I have a Bitbox Micro. I've had it since release and it seems pretty cool so far, but it is a little low on inputs. You have to spend a bit of thought and time choosing and managing the inputs. The full size Bitbox 2 looks better in that regard.
Assimil8or looks absolutely amazing, A couple of my friends have it, and the sound quality is incredible. There are a good number of inputs for each voice. I really like the Micro, but my choice was constrained by budget.
was considering bitbox micro 2, similar points to my considerations.
Funky40 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:41 pm

I like the idea of a sampler/module latency focused thread when the FLUX drops, look forward to that :)

Return to “Eurorack Modules”