Stereo FX Switch module

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

hawkfuzz
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Stereo FX Switch module

Post by hawkfuzz » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:40 pm

I should've labelled better. The top two rows of jacks should be send return for each stereo FX channel.

The osc jacks would be for the two stereo sources.

I imagine the oscillator signals are in parallel and the routing switch(top switch on right) would be the FX order. A 3 way for: FX 1 into FX 2, the reverse, or the FX in parallel. (This was more of a fun feature to make it have some life in my mind)

The other two switches with the "D/W" are for engaging dry or wet for each channel's FX loop. At first I thought they were unnecessary, but I imagined after playing guitar for decades, switching the effect on is better than turning the blend up to have the signal effected.

The crossfaders are for blending the signals of FX1 on the left and FX2 on the right.

The blends at the bottom would be the size of the Intellijel's pitch knob on the Dixie II+ unless it was too crowded and then the size down from there, but not the knobless pot, if it can be avoided.

The blend would go from the completely bypassed signal ignoring the module to the full wet FX signal.

I think 10hp would be enough, but I don't know.
THUMPR BC SC

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:19 pm

Ah ok, that makes more sense.

The DW switches are practically an 'immediate' effect on? Or do they correlate to the crossfaders? The crossfaders are for blending the dry signal with the return wet signal for each channel? Switching them on is just toggle the routing, and the amount is controlled by the crossfaders blending the wet sent into the signal path?

And the blend knobs are seem (at least as I understand it), as a duplicate of the crossfaders? Unless, I'm misunderstanding the point of the crossfaders, which fader each return into the left side of the output, or the right side of the output? And the blend is the dry wet control for the returns?

This is 10HP.
Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 4.26.15 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hawkfuzz
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by hawkfuzz » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:49 pm

Yes the switches are for immediately on. They either bypass the circuit or put the signal into the FX.

The crossfaders are for blending the effected signal. If FX 1 is a chorus and FX 2 is a distortion and the fader would go from chorus(left) to distortion(right). How the signal changes is where the routing signal comes into play. Distorting the chorus or chorusing the distortion or in parallel it will only effect what comes out.

Blend knobs are mixing the effected signal with the dry.

I'm trying to sketch a block diagram.
THUMPR BC SC

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:02 am

Ok cool. Yes a block diagram would help to show the potential signal flow.

bmoussay
Learning to Wiggle

Post by bmoussay » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:26 am

Hi

WMD ssm + Befaco st mix
Source 1 -> ssm 1,2 and multed to st mix 1
Source 2 -> ssm 3,4 an multed to st mix 2
Ssm out 1,2 -> fx1 all wet -> st mix 3
Ssm out 3,4 -> fx2 all wet -> st mix 4

Pros:
Easy switching and even allow some presets and cv controlled routing with ssm
Cons:
Have to turn at least 2 knobs for dry/wet

A dedicated module would indeed be a solution too.

Best

B

ersatzplanet
Synthwerks Design

Post by ersatzplanet » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:04 pm

Though it might be a bit of an overkill for the effect you want, it is still quite useful for than and many other things - a Synthwerks SP-4DP Quad Dual Slide Pot module. Each slider is stereo and can be wires to Pan, Fade, or provide a CV voltage. Simultaneous opposite directions of control. It comes as both assembled and as a kit.
SP-4DP_Slant-small.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-James

James Husted - Synthwerks, LLC - www.synthwerks.com - info@synthwerks.com - james@synthwerks.com
Synthwerks is a proud member of the Mostly Modular Trade Association (http://www.mostlymodular.com).
Always looking to trade for Doepfer P6 cases

Return to “Eurorack Modules”