Your Favorite Intellijel 1U modules

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

Cyber-N Powers
Common Wiggler

Re: Your Favorite Intellijel 1U modules

Post by Cyber-N Powers » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:16 am

Got the Stereo Line Ins for a new case, but it seems rather quiet for some devices. TR-8s is fine only when its output is set to high. MC-101 and Monotribe very quiet though. Noted from specs that gain is +15db. However the original mono line in has gain of +20db. Thinking maybe I should have bought two of those, but apart from cost and extra hp, It would make the case’s input jacks redundant.

af3ld
Learning to Wiggle

Post by af3ld » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:18 pm

mattdennewitz wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 9:54 pm
sloths in 1u can't be beat
Yep. 1u sloth is killer

Would love to see a 1u Branches (even if it was only one of the gates)

kosmische
Learning to Wiggle

Post by kosmische » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:42 pm

Cyber-N Powers wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:16 am
Got the Stereo Line Ins for a new case, but it seems rather quiet for some devices. TR-8s is fine only when its output is set to high. MC-101 and Monotribe very quiet though. Noted from specs that gain is +15db. However the original mono line in has gain of +20db. Thinking maybe I should have bought two of those, but apart from cost and extra hp, It would make the case’s input jacks redundant.
Just seeing this post. You probably have a better solution by now, but I'm not entirely surprised it didn't quite bring up the line level to match your (likely much hotter) eurorack levels. Bummer!

I ended up installing the little XY 1u and connecting them to the input jacks instead. I rarely bring in line level, so for me it was about having flexibility to use them for extra unattenuated outputs (mostly), inputs (occasionally), or to possibly integrate a pedal at some point.

Cyber-N Powers
Common Wiggler

Post by Cyber-N Powers » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:20 pm

kosmische wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:42 pm
Cyber-N Powers wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:16 am
Just seeing this post. You probably have a better solution by now, but I'm not entirely surprised it didn't quite bring up the line level to match your (likely much hotter) eurorack levels. Bummer!

I ended up installing the little XY 1u and connecting them to the input jacks instead. I rarely bring in line level, so for me it was about having flexibility to use them for extra unattenuated outputs (mostly), inputs (occasionally), or to possibly integrate a pedal at some point.
I ended up with the old combined stereo in and out module which has the +20db gain and works with everything. I can’t work out why the new stereo in replacement for this half of the module wasn’t designed with at least the same amount of gain. Intellijel do have modification instructions on their forum on how to increase gain, but it is beyond my eyesight capacity!

Return to “Eurorack Modules”