Your Favorite Intellijel 1U modules

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

mrhooks
Common Wiggler

Re: Your Favorite Intellijel 1U modules

Post by mrhooks » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:04 am

megarat wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:13 pm
uebl wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:24 am
I also have a 1U Buff Mult, but I feel a 3U 2hp buffered multiple is actually way more space efficient than a 1U 14hp one..
I completely agree with this, and it bothers me as well.
1U is always going to be a less space-efficient format, all else equal, because a larger percentage of the total panel space is above rails. Take the unusable panel space out of the calculations, and 1U 14HP is 1600.2mm2, or 160.02mm2 per mult jack, while 3U 2HP is 1117.6mm2, or 139.7mm2 per mult jack. It's still slightly less efficient because the usable height allows for ~2.25 rows of jacks, which means there is ~.25 jack row's worth of space that's semi-unusable.
WTB: original MI Rings panel
Also looking for someone willing to make a couple small changes to Rings firmware

otnemem
Common Wiggler

Post by otnemem » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:58 am

megarat wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:56 am
I just realized that the Multi FX isn't the only 1U module that Intellijel just released. The also released a Stereo Line In 1U with a Stereo Line In Jacks 1U. This is nice, as there has always been a Stereo Line Out 1U that connects directly to the output jacks in the Intellijel 7U/4U cases, but the only way to do with with line in was with the Audio I/O 1U, which is pretty huge. Now one can get the separate Line In and Line Out modules and it saves up 4hp.
I just got the Audio I/O about a month ago and not really using the line outs. Would have been good to have the new Line In instead :cry:

Oh well...still great to see more options in the 1U range.

Brian2020
Common Wiggler

Post by Brian2020 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:18 am

Noise Tools and Quadratt (or Duatt if short on space) are must haves in my 1U row. Looking forward to trying the new effects module and the upcoming LPG.

Oh and another one I would like to try is Apex (1U Peaks Clone).

Jazz-Circuit
Common Wiggler

Post by Jazz-Circuit » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:21 am

The Intellijel 4u palette is my first case. The steppy is my only 1u module so far and it's invaluable to what I'm doing atm. I love it. I'd like to get a Quadratt eventually but for now I have the Quad VCA and Mixup so I should be able to get by without it for a bit. I've actually nearly filled the 3u section and only have space for some skinny modules there. I picked up a Nifty Case yesterday to accommodate the 3 modules I couldn't fit in that space lol. I'm still debating what I will put in the 1u rail besides a Quadratt. It might end up being a non-Intellijel module but I've read that the size may be different from other manufacturers of 1u modules.

kay_k
Ultra Wiggler

Post by kay_k » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:28 pm

USB Power outlet .. very compact

mrhooks
Common Wiggler

Post by mrhooks » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:26 pm

Jazz-Circuit wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:21 am
The Intellijel 4u palette is my first case. The steppy is my only 1u module so far and it's invaluable to what I'm doing atm. I love it. I'd like to get a Quadratt eventually
I don't know if it matters to you or not, but with Steppy and Quadratt you will only have 6HP left, which isn't enough for any module that allows you to use the 1/4" jacks. Duatt is 14HP but only 2 channels, and Transient Modules u3A is 18HP for 3 channels, but can't be switched from attenuverters to attenuators.
It might end up being a non-Intellijel module but I've read that the size may be different from other manufacturers of 1u modules.
Transient Modules, Nonlinear Circuits, LPZW, Plum Audio, and Shakmat Modular either make, or have in the pipeline, Intellijel-sized 1U modules.
Also looking for someone willing to make a couple small changes to Rings firmware

subLimb
Common Wiggler

Post by subLimb » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:44 pm

I absolutely love 1U Steppy. Such an intuitive module and yet more powerful than it seems at first glance.

Jazz-Circuit
Common Wiggler

Post by Jazz-Circuit » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:16 am

mrhooks wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:26 pm
Jazz-Circuit wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:21 am
The Intellijel 4u palette is my first case. The steppy is my only 1u module so far and it's invaluable to what I'm doing atm. I love it. I'd like to get a Quadratt eventually
I don't know if it matters to you or not, but with Steppy and Quadratt you will only have 6HP left, which isn't enough for any module that allows you to use the 1/4" jacks. Duatt is 14HP but only 2 channels, and Transient Modules u3A is 18HP for 3 channels, but can't be switched from attenuverters to attenuators.
It might end up being a non-Intellijel module but I've read that the size may be different from other manufacturers of 1u modules.
Transient Modules, Nonlinear Circuits, LPZW, Plum Audio, and Shakmat Modular either make, or have in the pipeline, Intellijel-sized 1U modules.
Thanks. I actually use the mix up from intellijel which allows me to use the quarter inch Jacks as stereo line out. I now have a Nifty case as well and I use the intellijel case as the master out . it's worked out well. I still have the 6 hp space left on the 1u rail but it will probably be some time before I can afford any modules. Hopefully by the time I'm able actually afford to fill the space there will be lots of great options.

Jazz-Circuit
Common Wiggler

Post by Jazz-Circuit » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:17 am

I forgot to mention that I did end up getting the quadrat. It's been a great addition for sure. Still learning about all the great things I can do with this combination of modules now. Every day's been a new adventure. Definitely glad I invested in this stuff before the pandemic.

yellowecho
Wiggling with Experience

Post by yellowecho » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:39 pm

I really wish they offered the 1U modules and case in black but I'm too OCD to pull the trigger on the white. :cry:

fuzzy_dunlop
Learning to Wiggle

Post by fuzzy_dunlop » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:53 pm

I was just professing my love for the Audio I/O this morning. Currently using it in a couple of compositions I'm writing, one for augmented piano and another for augmented string quartet. It's also been super handy while social distancing; I don't have a standalone interface and I've been coupling it with the ES-8 to play piano through Zoom clearly during online classes.

Recently, I'm interested getting a couple of octa-link modules to send CV from an Intellijel Palette as sort of an orphan sequencer with some other supporting modules.

XiXora
Common Wiggler

Post by XiXora » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:55 pm

yellowecho wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:39 pm
I really wish they offered the 1U modules and case in black but I'm too OCD to pull the trigger on the white. :cry:
They do offer “stealth” black cases but you may be interested in the panels that bkmpanels offer.

yellowecho
Wiggling with Experience

Post by yellowecho » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:30 pm

XiXora wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:55 pm
yellowecho wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:39 pm
They do offer “stealth” black cases but you may be interested in the panels that bkmpanels offer.
Thanks for the info on Bkmpanels! That's exactly what I need :sb:

teamhobson
Common Wiggler

Post by teamhobson » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:43 am

The uMidi and noisetools are in constant use in my rack for obvious reasons. Even the noise out for some light wind effect when it's needed.

The stealth cases and their integrated ins/outs and 1U row is priceless! The 1U row has saved me at least 12hp.

I am about the pull the trigger on the FSR 1U module. Simple, inexpensive and I can think of a million and 1 different uses for it. I'd like 2 but I was hoping to put a zeroscope in the remaining space. My partner has a Minilogue and being able to visualise waveforms is a massive help when creating a patch.

Anyone had any fun experiences with the FSR or zeroscope they wish to share?

Foghorn
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Foghorn » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:58 am

Dammit, I want Maths in 1U ;)

Both Steppy and noise tools are a good addition to any 1U row.
I can't imagine using steppy in 3U, stood up the wrong way
And lets not forget the headphone out
Stay Calm - We are in this forever
.......Not a very good musician.......
Machinist & Laboratory Technician

hirnlego
Wiggling with Experience

Post by hirnlego » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:49 am

One thing I don't understand about Headphones 1U and Stereo Line Out 1U: if I want to use both at the same time do I need to split the signal (one stereo pair to one and another to the other)? :hmm:

xcc
Veteran Wiggler

Post by xcc » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:07 am

hirnlego wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:49 am
One thing I don't understand about Headphones 1U and Stereo Line Out 1U: if I want to use both at the same time do I need to split the signal (one stereo pair to one and another to the other)? :hmm:
Yes you would. I just use the headphone out to send to my interface/amp and send to headphones from there.

Franktree
Common Wiggler

Post by Franktree » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:33 am

Looks like Ritual Audio has some new 1U modules coming that look great:

hirnlego
Wiggling with Experience

Post by hirnlego » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:15 am

xcc wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:07 am
hirnlego wrote:
Yes you would. I just use the headphone out to send to my interface/amp and send to headphones from there.
I figured. Thanks!

Whatisvalis
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Whatisvalis » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:26 am

The Ritual stuff looks great.

megarat
Veteran Wiggler

Post by megarat » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:49 pm

hirnlego wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:15 am
xcc wrote:
hirnlego wrote:
I figured. Thanks!
Actually, unless I'm misunderstanding something, if you're using the new Version 2 (circa August 2019) of Headphones 1U, you can connect it to a Stereo Line Out 1U via their backside three-pin connectors, so when you plug your stereo source into the Line Out module, it will automatically get routed to the Headphones module as well.

hirnlego
Wiggling with Experience

Post by hirnlego » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:55 pm

megarat wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:49 pm
hirnlego wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:15 am
xcc wrote:
hirnlego wrote:
I figured. Thanks!
Actually, unless I'm misunderstanding something, if you're using the new Version 2 (circa August 2019) of Headphones 1U, you can connect it to a Stereo Line Out 1U via their backside three-pin connectors, so when you plug your stereo source into the Line Out module, it will automatically get routed to the Headphones module as well.
Really? I missed that information on the website. Better check the manual, thanks for the head-up.

megarat
Veteran Wiggler

Post by megarat » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:58 pm

No problem, happy to help. My own travel case has this setup, and it's quite convenient.

mrhooks
Common Wiggler

Post by mrhooks » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:39 pm

Franktree wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:33 am
Looks like Ritual Audio has some new 1U modules coming that look great:
Without knowing how densely populated the PCB is, 6HP for a module consisting of two jacks seems a little wasteful. But I'm glad more companies are making Intellijel 1U modules.

TTHX
Learning to Wiggle

Post by TTHX » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:01 pm

teamhobson wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:43 am
The uMidi and noisetools are in constant use in my rack for obvious reasons. Even the noise out for some light wind effect when it's needed.

The stealth cases and their integrated ins/outs and 1U row is priceless! The 1U row has saved me at least 12hp.

I am about the pull the trigger on the FSR 1U module. Simple, inexpensive and I can think of a million and 1 different uses for it. I'd like 2 but I was hoping to put a zeroscope in the remaining space. My partner has a Minilogue and being able to visualise waveforms is a massive help when creating a patch.

Anyone had any fun experiences with the FSR or zeroscope they wish to share?
I've got an FSR in the top left corner of my case. It's great fun. I use it as some extra texture or noise. It's useful as a filler between switching songs/patches and sometimes I use it as a manual drum to play on top of whatever is going on. Tonnes of uses!

Return to “Eurorack Modules”