Your Favorite Intellijel 1U modules

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

teamhobson
Common Wiggler

Re: Your Favorite Intellijel 1U modules

Post by teamhobson » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:45 am

TTHX wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:01 pm
teamhobson wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:43 am
The uMidi and noisetools are in constant use in my rack for obvious reasons. Even the noise out for some light wind effect when it's needed.

The stealth cases and their integrated ins/outs and 1U row is priceless! The 1U row has saved me at least 12hp.

I am about the pull the trigger on the FSR 1U module. Simple, inexpensive and I can think of a million and 1 different uses for it. I'd like 2 but I was hoping to put a zeroscope in the remaining space. My partner has a Minilogue and being able to visualise waveforms is a massive help when creating a patch.

Anyone had any fun experiences with the FSR or zeroscope they wish to share?
I've got an FSR in the top left corner of my case. It's great fun. I use it as some extra texture or noise. It's useful as a filler between switching songs/patches and sometimes I use it as a manual drum to play on top of whatever is going on. Tonnes of uses!
Hey thanks for the reply. I got mine yesterday. Had a quick go last night and used it to switch to various algorithms in plaits. Easy to select the algorithm destination with an attenuator. Simple but tons of fun

ATW
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ATW » Fri May 01, 2020 8:37 pm

I have uMidi, Steppy, Audio out, and USB power in my palette’s 1U row. So far it’s a great setup, I can easily connect to external gear, bring in midi, and power my Sq-1 and NTS-1 with the usb. Steppy and Pams are on the left and are a great rhythmic pair as another wiggler pointed out on this thread. I have mimetic digitalis handling pitch, and/or uMidi piping it in. I have end of chain modules on the right, directly below the audio out. Theres a nice counter-clockwise flow throughout my patches and cables associated with utilities and such can be around the perimeter, keeping the lane clear for vcf and vco fun in the middle.
ᴍᴏᴅᴜʟᴀʀ ɢʀɪᴅ ⟡ 6U 104 (x2), Palette + Pod ⟡ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ ATW on SoundCloud

Hidden_Path
Common Wiggler

Post by Hidden_Path » Fri May 01, 2020 9:10 pm

Just picked up a Plum Audio Apex (1U version of Mutable Peaks)... with Steppy 1U its a great little addition to my drum machine palette.

Also excited about the upcoming Shakmat and Ritual 1U’s.

mattdennewitz
Common Wiggler

Post by mattdennewitz » Fri May 01, 2020 9:54 pm

sloths in 1u can't be beat
-m

wiggle hunt, global synth gear search: https://wigglehunt.com

Roy72
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Roy72 » Wed May 13, 2020 6:20 am

I've just got the 1u ins, and its really quiet - I have to run the ins and my digitakt at full volume to get it anywhere near a matching volume for my modular stuff, and is so its all a bit noisy. Anyone else had this?

xcc
Veteran Wiggler

Post by xcc » Wed May 13, 2020 8:30 am

Roy72 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 6:20 am
I've just got the 1u ins, and its really quiet - I have to run the ins and my digitakt at full volume to get it anywhere near a matching volume for my modular stuff, and is so its all a bit noisy. Anyone else had this?
I have the OG single channel 1u In, and don’t get any noise into my Morphagene (pretty much all I use it for). What signal level is the Digitakt expecting?

Crimesofthecrown
Common Wiggler

Post by Crimesofthecrown » Wed May 13, 2020 11:44 am

Just got the MultiFX and I'm already beyond thrilled with it.
GOD IS WAR - Curator of Hyper-Violent Industrial and Heavy Electronics

Roy72
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Roy72 » Wed May 13, 2020 2:48 pm

xcc wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 8:30 am
Roy72 wrote:
I have the OG single channel 1u In, and don’t get any noise into my Morphagene (pretty much all I use it for). What signal level is the Digitakt expecting?

The digitakt manual says +22db peak, that and +15db from the ins should be plenty shouldn't it?

xcc
Veteran Wiggler

Post by xcc » Wed May 13, 2020 5:51 pm

Roy72 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:48 pm
xcc wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 8:30 am
Roy72 wrote:

The digitakt manual says +22db peak, that and +15db from the ins should be plenty shouldn't it?
Definitely should be enough I would think. I’ve been able to get even a dynamic mic hot enough just with the In module. Maybe try contacting Intellijel about this. Their support is super helpful.

Roy72
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Roy72 » Wed May 13, 2020 5:58 pm

Will do -thanks

NaiveMelody
Common Wiggler

Post by NaiveMelody » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:43 am

I've currently got the Stereo Line Out 1U in the top right of my Palette, connected to the audio outs.

I'd really like a headphone out in the Palette too, but all my 1U is used up. I could get an ALM Headphone Out, but it takes up a valuable 2hp.

I spotted the Headphone Out 1U can function as a line out too. Is there any reason not to straight swap the Stereo Line Out for the Headphone Out?

interpolate
Common Wiggler

Post by interpolate » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:20 pm

Anyone have experience with an After Later audio Pique (uPeaks)? Seems like a great space saver for envelopes/lfos/modulation/drums/sequencing.

I'd also love to see a 1U Maths.

scragz
Veteran Wiggler

Post by scragz » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:47 pm

More Quadratt posting: Since last posting I got another 1U row and added a 3rd Quadratt, about to order a 4th. Keep looking at what is available and it is just too useful. I've taken to having each of them semi-dedicated to a single module.

* Odessa: half for mixing the outputs, half for attenuating CV for the inputs without attenuators
* Bitbox: I mult each of the four outputs so I mixdown a single drum mix for envelope following or effecting
* Soundstage: I do most attenuation at the VCA stage but sometimes it's useful to have a mixer right above it still
* Ochd: going to add one more just for attenuating and mixing the LFOs

huron
Wiggling with Experience

Post by huron » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:54 pm

Roy72 wrote:
Are you using the newer audio board? Mine is like this too since upgrading from the old audio board to the new one. I have the older Intellijel 104hp case.

xcc
Veteran Wiggler

Post by xcc » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:02 pm

interpolate wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:20 pm
Anyone have experience with an After Later audio Pique (uPeaks)? Seems like a great space saver for envelopes/lfos/modulation/drums/sequencing.

Yep. Great module for all kinds of uses. It’s like a Disting but useable ;).

Roy72
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Roy72 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:51 pm

huron wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:54 pm
Roy72 wrote:
Are you using the newer audio board? Mine is like this too since upgrading from the old audio board to the new one. I have the older Intellijel 104hp case.
Mine is fine now, it was getting used to some new gain structures when I changed a few other things at the same time.

1960strat
Common Wiggler

Post by 1960strat » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:49 am

+1 on Zeroscope, awesome module!
half.cto wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:13 am
Zeroscope 1u, for me as a newcomer to modular its invaluable tool to understand what exactly is happening.

1960strat
Common Wiggler

Post by 1960strat » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:51 am

I have the 3u and 2 sets of the 1u sloths flavors. super useful for drone and ambient modulation sources.
Johnnyfive wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:52 am
Franktree wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:47 am
Particularly interested to hear more about the non-Intellijel Intellijel format 1U modules.
I don't have one in 1U, but the NLC sloths looks pretty cool (I have the 3U triple sloths).

I've also found the zeroscope really useful, and noise tools is a solid module.

mrhooks
Common Wiggler

Post by mrhooks » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:31 am

I wish some enterprising Mutable clone maker would make 4HP 1U modules of the individual sections of Kinks.
WTB: original MI Rings panel
Also looking for someone willing to make a couple small changes to Rings firmware

NaiveMelody
Common Wiggler

Post by NaiveMelody » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:30 am

mrhooks wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:31 am
I wish some enterprising Mutable clone maker would make 4HP 1U modules of the individual sections of Kinks.
This :yay: :yay: !! I was looking for exactly that last week.

SuppleWhat
Common Wiggler

Post by SuppleWhat » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:26 pm

Can anyone tell me if the INTELLIJEL FSR 1U if truly pressure sensitive, or surface area sensitive (as is the case for most so called pressure sensitive modules)?

Sleepfc
Common Wiggler

Post by Sleepfc » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:41 pm

NaiveMelody wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:43 am
I've currently got the Stereo Line Out 1U in the top right of my Palette, connected to the audio outs.

I'd really like a headphone out in the Palette too, but all my 1U is used up. I could get an ALM Headphone Out, but it takes up a valuable 2hp.

I spotted the Headphone Out 1U can function as a line out too. Is there any reason not to straight swap the Stereo Line Out for the Headphone Out?
I would avoid splitting a headphone stereo output. I find that the quality/power behind headphones are nowhere near as robust and standard line outputs. You’ll find that you’ll get subtle noise trying to push them to its fullest volume
That’s my experiences at least
interpolate wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:20 pm
Haha yeah right, that would take up an entire 1U row.
A 1U Function would be more realistic

TheRosskonian
Veteran Wiggler

Post by TheRosskonian » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:42 pm

SuppleWhat wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:26 pm
Can anyone tell me if the INTELLIJEL FSR 1U if truly pressure sensitive, or surface area sensitive (as is the case for most so called pressure sensitive modules)?
If I am understanding you correctly, it is pressure sensitive. I tried placing my entire thumb over the pad, contacting as much surface area as possible and the CV output still seemed to respond the same way as when I put the tip of my pinky finger on it and applied pressure while trying to maintain minimal extra contact with the pad itself. I can effectively put as much or as little contact on the pad and it only responds to how hard I press down on it. Let me know if this does not answer your question.

NaiveMelody
Common Wiggler

Post by NaiveMelody » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:38 am

Sleepfc wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:41 pm

I would avoid splitting a headphone stereo output. I find that the quality/power behind headphones are nowhere near as robust and standard line outputs. You’ll find that you’ll get subtle noise trying to push them to its fullest volume
That’s my experiences at least
I got one and for what I need it's fine - not recording through it, and works well for jamming.

May change as I use the setup more but it's sufficient for now.

note!

Post by note! » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:26 pm

Anybody know if we've gotten updates on production of the Stereo Line In? I ordered one like months ago from Perfect Circuit and seems like production has been stalled.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”