ER 301 - Manipulating your Looping Samples

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

dooj88
Super Deluxe Wiggler

ER 301 - Manipulating your Looping Samples

Post by dooj88 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:07 pm

I saw Ben's video on Marcus Fischer's tape looper performance, and it's exactly what I've been thinking about lately with capturing tape loops into the modular and manipulating them further. Sampling isn't something I've really been interested in before, but I'm trying to incorporate sounds from outside the rack for noise and texture with dictaphones and old voice recorders. I started out considering the DLD for a looper, but beyond layering, it's not giving much more manipulation. The bitbox looks fun but not quite as capable.. so if i'm going all out on a 'computer' in the rack, I'm looking at the 301.

Beyond pitch and speed, what are some things you guys are doing with the 301 and manipulating live looping samples? Referencing the looper buffer with the grains patch looks very fun. Curious what else is available and how you're messing up live loops.

Here's the video I'm talking about

dooj88
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: ER 301 - Manipulating your Looping Samples

Post by dooj88 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:29 pm

looking around the ER forums, this looks pretty slick:
Reels:
Reels is based on a feedback looper and four manual loopers all sharing the same audio buffer.
The different speeds of the players are calculated by the incoming gates.
This way you can create harmonic relationships or if you wish the complete opposite. The move parameter puts automation to the levels and panning controls, there is a ratio of about 1:4 between volume and panning, increasing Move adds level to the modulation oscillators and increases their frequencies. ( I’m still trying to figure out the math of the custom unit controls and the parameters to which they relate ) :slight_smile: so it’s kinda beta
ugh, my poor wallet

dooj88
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dooj88 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:37 pm

sheeyit, no one uses their for samples? i thought that was what it excelled in.

geremyf
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by geremyf » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:49 pm

You'd have a better response if you posted in the OD forum. Plenty of tips, custom units, and vids.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”