Intellijel Dubmix Noise Level

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

aharm
Common Wiggler

Intellijel Dubmix Noise Level

Post by aharm » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:51 am

Hello,

I have been using the Dubmix as the output for my rack basically forever, but I am just starting to realize how incredibly noisy it is.

Can anyone else with this module share their experience?

Thanks,

mritenburg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Intellijel Dubmix Noise Level

Post by mritenburg » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:15 am

aharm wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:51 am
Hello,

I have been using the Dubmix as the output for my rack basically forever, but I am just starting to realize how incredibly noisy it is.

Can anyone else with this module share their experience?

Thanks,

I use Dubmix with the uJack expander as my main mixer and output. Mine is completely quiet, even transparent. I use the 1/4 inch outputs of the uJack to feed my audio interface/DAW. Likely culprits for noise are power supply, rf interference on the cables out of the dubmix to your monitoring system, and another module in your case. Also, the noise could be in your monitoring system. Have you taken trouble shooting steps to isolate the noise to the dubmix?

I use a Doepfer PSU2. If you have the dubmix in a case by itself, is it producing noise that you can hear in your monitoring system?

Also, I had a noise problem with my uJack that turned out to be a bad component, Intellijel was very responsive and fixed it quickly.

studioutopia
Learning to Wiggle

Post by studioutopia » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:25 pm

My Dubmix is very quiet.
Using the Stereo Main out on it with the gain knobs all turned to 75% -and comparing it to the output on my Mixup, QuadVCA, or even one of my filters without anything at their inputs - all of them show noise on my Mordax DATA at around 0.02V - which is really just interference in the patch cable at best.
The only problem with mine is with the mutes - when a channel is muted, I can still hear any signal on it's input - ever so slightly.
I haven't asked Intellijel about it yet, but considering it's now discontinued, I really hate to bother them about it.

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:37 pm

studioutopia wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:25 pm
My Dubmix is very quiet.
Using the Stereo Main out on it with the gain knobs all turned to 75% -and comparing it to the output on my Mixup, QuadVCA, or even one of my filters without anything at their inputs - all of them show noise on my Mordax DATA at around 0.02V - which is really just interference in the patch cable at best.
The only problem with mine is with the mutes - when a channel is muted, I can still hear any signal on it's input - ever so slightly.
I haven't asked Intellijel about it yet, but considering it's now discontinued, I really hate to bother them about it.
Regardless of the module being discontinued, I would still contact them and see what they have to say :)

Return to “Eurorack Modules”