How would you fill out the rest of my rack?

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

DjangosTiger
Learning to Wiggle

How would you fill out the rest of my rack?

Post by DjangosTiger » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:26 pm

EE282818-F29A-42BA-82BA-2FADB6502902.jpeg
3D422BF4-92D5-4CB7-B588-22FD8B47D1FC.jpeg
91C07744-15EC-4BDC-96C6-D6C7AE12AD85.jpeg

5 years in the making, looking for any comments / suggestions on how you would fill out the rest of the available space. Also anything I may be overlooking, and recommendations on how you would organize these modules differently.
Top to bottom
Top case: Plonk, Plaits, Braids, Arradio, chord v2, takaab passive mult, mixup, 2hp mult, furthrrr generator, shapeshifter, osc (oscilloscope out), springray, a140, auto pilot, hexagram 6x vca, 4ms SWN, a-132-2, a-190-4,
Bottom case: 1010 bitbox, 4ms rotating clock div, pulsar, Xaoc belgrad, mixup, ripples, karmieniec, field kit fx, mutant brain, 2multi, links, disting mk4, scales, zadar, marbles, maths, panharmonium, warps, rings, sewestapol, veils, jellysquasher, rainmaker, clouds, Nebulae v2)
Thankyou friends! :sb:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

VM
Common Wiggler

Re: How would you fill out the rest of my rack?

Post by VM » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:14 am

Blank panels, since you've got everything you need ;)
Current curator of Perth Ambient.

cg_funk
Wiggling with Experience

Post by cg_funk » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:21 am

I don't see a whole lot of need for new modules here.... seriously I'd just save that spot for something new that might get developed in the next year or two...

lisa
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lisa » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:18 am

Always hard to say when someone has such a competent setup already.

If you haven’t, check out relatively new but great makers like Joranalogue and Klavis. They have tons of neat stuff.
New modular track! My first in six months. :party: Messy and unglued.

colb
Common Wiggler

Post by colb » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:44 am

What things are you trying to do with your music that you just can't do because your system limits you?

DjangosTiger
Learning to Wiggle

Post by DjangosTiger » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:51 pm

Thanks for the replies! This truly helps satiate my addiction haha. Gonna get some more blank plates and chill (until my inevitable relapse when Elon Musk makes a teleportation module)

DjangosTiger
Learning to Wiggle

Post by DjangosTiger » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:58 pm

colb wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:44 am
What things are you trying to do with your music that you just can't do because your system limits you?
Only thing I’ve recently been on the fence about is an Es-8 for ableton cv tools, calibration and getting some of the generative sequences back into the computer as midi, but not super crucial for me so I’m gonna sit on that thought

Black_Materia
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Black_Materia » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:26 pm

Lots of sweet stuff in this rig!
what i don't see are

_lowpass gates (highly recommend a pair of makenoise lxd's)

_random source like wogglebug, marbles, verbos random, Frap Tools etc...

_some fat filters with a different character (forbidden planet, Instruo Io47, Verbos Amp & Tone, Korgasmatron, AJH synth,..

_A sequencer like MN Renee, not necessarily a straight melodic voice generator but rather one that makes you come up with different things

I quite like Mutable Stages as it can serve so many different purposes, complex envelope, multiple simple envelopes, 6 lfo's, a 6-stage sequencer, or sample & hold with different source per step.

When in doubt, moar vca's!

Agawell
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Agawell » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:58 pm

Maybe some more utilities:
Kinks is always useful
Stages - as mentioned above it can do a lot - including harmonic oscillator - and can be linked for more stages
a Matrix mixer
some cheap attenuators (2hp trim) are always useful
a sequential switch
always more vcas

DjangosTiger
Learning to Wiggle

Post by DjangosTiger » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:58 pm

Black_materia & Agawell, amazing suggestions, I appreciate you guys taking the time! For sequencing I use an sq-1 and my iPad along with scales but something more like rene would be killer. I do have marbles hiding in there (black panel) super keen on stages now, and everything else you guys listed for that matter. thankyou!

colb
Common Wiggler

Post by colb » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:53 pm

DjangosTiger wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:58 pm
colb wrote:
Only thing I’ve recently been on the fence about is an Es-8 for ableton cv tools, calibration and getting some of the generative sequences back into the computer as midi, but not super crucial for me so I’m gonna sit on that thought
I guess if there's nothing holding you back musically, then you don't need more modules!
maybe get one of those doepfer led controllers and some led strip for a tasty lightshow :-D
I was gassing for an es-8 for a bit until I did some research and thought it through - realised that latency meant I wouldn't be able to use it the way I was envisioning, so I opted for an FH-1. For once a good decision.

cptnal
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cptnal » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:57 am

I'll second the matrix mixer recommendation, particularly the Doepfer A138m. It's cheap and you have space for it. When I got mine I felt it was the last of the basic utilities I needed for a fully-featured and well-rounded system. It opened up my patching in ways I hadn't thought of before and I was so blown away by the possibilities I bought a second one a week later. I use both regularly.

DjangosTiger
Learning to Wiggle

Post by DjangosTiger » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:43 am

colb wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:53 pm
DjangosTiger wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:58 pm
colb wrote:
I guess if there's nothing holding you back musically, then you don't need more modules!
maybe get one of those doepfer led controllers and some led strip for a tasty lightshow :-D
I was gassing for an es-8 for a bit until I did some research and thought it through - realised that latency meant I wouldn't be able to use it the way I was envisioning, so I opted for an FH-1. For once a good decision.
I appreciate that insight a lot! Found a used ultralite mk3 for $120 on OfferUp, so I scooped that, and I think that’ll suffice for now, gonna study up on the fh-1 in the meantime

DjangosTiger
Learning to Wiggle

Post by DjangosTiger » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:57 am

cptnal wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:57 am
I'll second the matrix mixer recommendation, particularly the Doepfer A138m. It's cheap and you have space for it. When I got mine I felt it was the last of the basic utilities I needed for a fully-featured and well-rounded system. It opened up my patching in ways I hadn't thought of before and I was so blown away by the possibilities I bought a second one a week later. I use both regularly.
Jeez. Can’t believe I overlooked the power of matrix mixers, fuckin gamechanger. If you have experience with it, would you say the 4ms matrix mixer is worth the extra $ compared to the doepfer?

cptnal
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cptnal » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:32 am

DjangosTiger wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:57 am
cptnal wrote:
Jeez. Can’t believe I overlooked the power of matrix mixers, fuckin gamechanger. If you have experience with it, would you say the 4ms matrix mixer is worth the extra $ compared to the doepfer?
I almost had the VCA matrix. I was offered a cheap deal on ex-display units but both had problems with the mute buttons, so it never happened and I lost interest (this was before I had the A138m). The same kind of button is starting to cause issues with my PEG, so maybe it's a thing...

I still reckon it'd be a powerful thing but I don't think I'd need all the channels to be VCAs. I keep VCAs next to my matrix mixers if I want to do anything voltage controlled.

foliephonics
Common Wiggler

Post by foliephonics » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:41 am

A cat ?

:cat2:

Or, yes, blanks until the new (or old) irresistible module comes along...

calvinsomething
Wiggling with Experience

Post by calvinsomething » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:02 am

Muxlicer or a Maze?

DjangosTiger
Learning to Wiggle

Post by DjangosTiger » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:45 am

cptnal wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:32 am
DjangosTiger wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:57 am
cptnal wrote:
I almost had the VCA matrix. I was offered a cheap deal on ex-display units but both had problems with the mute buttons, so it never happened and I lost interest (this was before I had the A138m). The same kind of button is starting to cause issues with my PEG, so maybe it's a thing...

I still reckon it'd be a powerful thing but I don't think I'd need all the channels to be VCAs. I keep VCAs next to my matrix mixers if I want to do anything voltage controlled.
Ended up grabbing the Vca matrix since I feel like I could use some more VCAs anyways, any adds some more performability into my system, so it knocks out two functions there for me. I appreciate the guidance!
🙏

Return to “Eurorack Modules”