Varigate 4+ Reset Advice Please

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

CapabilityBrown
Learning to Wiggle

Varigate 4+ Reset Advice Please

Post by CapabilityBrown » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:03 am

I have midi going out of my Model:Samples in to Erica Synths Midi-Clock which is sending clock to my Varigate 4+ I'm trying to workout how to send a reset signal to the Varigate reset input so it restarts on the stop. I'm not sure whether I need a dedicated reset output to facilitate this? System link below, any help much appreciated.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1154951

CapabilityBrown
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Varigate 4+ Reset Advice Please

Post by CapabilityBrown » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:09 am

Having looked in to this further, I’m assuming I need a gate signal to send to the reset input every time I hit play/ stop? Buying a new clock module seems like overkill this being the case. Would a module with manual gate trigger do the job, in which case any recommendations?

bc3
Veteran Wiggler

Post by bc3 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:24 am

IMO if you are going to be using MIDI clock to drive your modular system you really should consider investing in a dedicated MIDI to CV module.

I would recommend the Intellijel uMidi as I have been using them for a few years and they work flawlessly.

CapabilityBrown
Learning to Wiggle

Post by CapabilityBrown » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:41 am

bc3 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:24 am
IMO if you are going to be using MIDI clock to drive your modular system you really should consider investing in a dedicated MIDI to CV module.

I would recommend the Intellijel uMidi as I have been using them for a few years and they work flawlessly.
Everything does seem to be pointing to the uMidi. It’s a shame because the Erica midi-clock does everything I need it to other than send a reset signal. I have the clock out going in to a mult then split to a Disting which I’m using to send quantized CV to Wavetable VCO and the Varigate which is sequencing the BIA. Wouldn’t mind manually resetting with a gate but I’m lacking that capability by the looks of it.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”