New designer Winterbloom launches two CircuitPython-powered modules (& a Twitter give away)

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

winterbloom
Learning to Wiggle

New designer Winterbloom launches two CircuitPython-powered modules (& a Twitter give away)

Post by winterbloom » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:09 am

Hey MuffWiggler!

I've been a long-time lurker on this forum, but I'm happy to finally have something worthy of posting. I've just opened my online store, https://winterbloom.com and we're accepting pre-orders for our first two modules which will be shipping in May.

Both of these are pretty unique in that they're the first two modules to use CircuitPython to allow you easily re-program them using the approachable Python language.

The first one is Big Honking Button - it's a sampler with a big arcade button that HONKs when you press it. Of course, you can change up the sample and use CircuitPython to turn it into other useful things - like a random CV/gate source!

The second one is called Sol and it's much more fancy - it's a full USB MIDI to CV interface that combines a bit of Mutant Brain with Ornament & Crime and adds in CircuitPython magics. It's designed to be completely re-programmed by you to do all sorts of things. It can be a simple MIDI to CV/Gate or it can be an ADSR, an LFO, a clock source, a random/chaos generator, any combination of those, and much much much more.

We're also doing a give-away on Twitter- you can win both of these modules! I'm really excited to get these out into the world and I'd love to see what idea y'all think of for future CircuitPython-powered modules. :)

P.S.: All of my modules are open-source! I've benefited so much from the community sharing information and designs and I very much want to give back.

HZR
Common Wiggler

Re: New designer Winterbloom launches two CircuitPython-powered modules (& a Twitter give away)

Post by HZR » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:18 am

I have bookmarked your site a couple days ago.

Its also really cool that you offer black panels!

winterbloom
Learning to Wiggle

Re: New designer Winterbloom launches two CircuitPython-powered modules (& a Twitter give away)

Post by winterbloom » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:20 am

HZR wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:18 am
Of course! It doesn't cost me too much more to do that, so why not?

acgenerator
Veteran Wiggler

Post by acgenerator » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:25 am

Welcome to the party!

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:02 am

Congratulations on your first releases!
All rights reserved; all wrongs reversed.

didahdrieghe
Common Wiggler

Post by didahdrieghe » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:15 am

Really cool to see circuitpython in action. Good luck with the launch!

ari ellis
Common Wiggler

Post by ari ellis » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:42 am

Congrats on the releases, and good luck! These look like useful modules, with a lovely visual style.

winterbloom
Learning to Wiggle

Post by winterbloom » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:52 pm

Thank you all for the kind words. I hope things go well and I can bring some more modules to life. :)

pld
Ultra Wiggler

Post by pld » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:58 am

Very cool. Love the BHB!

At one point there was actually a mutated o_C that I started porting micropython to. Coulda-woulda-shoulda... :)

winterbloom
Learning to Wiggle

Post by winterbloom » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:25 am

pld wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:58 am
Very cool. Love the BHB!

At one point there was actually a mutated o_C that I started porting micropython to. Coulda-woulda-shoulda... :)
Now you don't have to. :) Sol is completely open source from the hardware to firmware to the libraries, if you have ideas for things you'd like to do I'd love contributions or even just a GitHub issue with your ideas.

mamonu
90s ambient miscreant!!

Post by mamonu » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:05 am

Hi, Thea/winterbloom ... I ve been a fan of your python work in my day job (use nox for our CI pipelines) and also a fan of your modular adventures.
A module with CircuitPython? count me in!

As soon as i am able to buy the honking button module i ll push the honk out of it!
frac & 100m & eurorack (equal opportunities wiggler)
-----------------------------------------------
:blacet: :blacet: fracmodular.github.io :blacet: :blacet:

LDT
The Modu-Lars

Post by LDT » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:10 am

winterbloom wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:20 am
HZR wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:18 am
Of course! It doesn't cost me too much more to do that, so why not?
I can only applaud this way of thinking. :yay:

heretogo
Learning to Wiggle

Post by heretogo » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:46 pm

Just a shoutout to Thea. I bought a button and it's the coolest thing in the world. Yes to more CircuitPy hacking.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”