Expert Sleepers disting EX

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Post Reply
User avatar
deddylars
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:16 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by deddylars » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:48 am

deddylars wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:45 am
os wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:38 am
By default the first 8 algorithm parameters are mapped to MIDI CC's 1-8. You will likely want to choose your own selection of mappings though (which you can then save to flash).
Forgive my neophyte self, but by save to flash do you mean it'll stay in memory per algorithm?

I'm humbled by the super rapid response to a Learning to Wiggler, Os. Thanks for your support of this community. :cloud:
Edit: Oh no. I still haven't figured out how to delete a comment and am caught in a mistake fixing a typo.

User avatar
100000bps
Common Wiggler
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:56 am

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by 100000bps » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:25 am

@OS is it possible to bridge the midi busses between disting ex and es-9, in order to send midi from daw over usb to the disting?

ronnieb
Common Wiggler
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:07 pm

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by ronnieb » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:59 am

100000bps wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:25 am
@OS is it possible to bridge the midi busses between disting ex and es-9, in order to send midi from daw over usb to the disting?
Was just about to ask this, would be suuuuuper useful

User avatar
os
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 12942
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:55 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by os » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:05 am

deddylars wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:45 am
os wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:38 am
By default the first 8 algorithm parameters are mapped to MIDI CC's 1-8. You will likely want to choose your own selection of mappings though (which you can then save to flash).
Forgive my neophyte self, but by save to flash do you mean it'll stay in memory per algorithm?
I mean the mapping will be saved in memory. When you want to reuse the same mapping, you just load it.

User avatar
os
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 12942
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:55 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by os » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:06 am

100000bps wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:25 am
@OS is it possible to bridge the midi busses between disting ex and es-9, in order to send midi from daw over usb to the disting?
Yes.

User avatar
100000bps
Common Wiggler
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:56 am

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by 100000bps » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:19 am

<3 thats superb! so what do i connect where :-D ?

User avatar
os
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 12942
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:55 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by os » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:23 am

Connect the two 4-pin MIDI breakouts together with a ribbon cable or jump wires.

User avatar
100000bps
Common Wiggler
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:56 am

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by 100000bps » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:44 am

how should i go about it using the normal "power" eurorack ribbon cable ? Is the orientation/side of any importance ?

User avatar
os
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 12942
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:55 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by os » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:57 am

Yes. You need to use the same set of 4 socket holes at each end, but reversed, so pin 1 goes to pin 4 etc.

User avatar
100000bps
Common Wiggler
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:56 am

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by 100000bps » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:58 am

Thank you very much. Just managed to did it and it works flawlessly :-) <3 thank you OS!
Last edited by 100000bps on Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
starthief
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 4162
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:39 am
Location: St Louis, MO
Contact:

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by starthief » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:40 am

jcharney wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:38 pm
mdoudoroff wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:45 am
The EX just arrived at Control in Brooklyn!
Yay! Just got my shipping notification. Thanks os and Ctrl!
Did you go for free shipping? Because I haven't gotten my shipping notification yet :waah: I have no patience for anything anymore, it seems like...

User avatar
100000bps
Common Wiggler
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:56 am

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by 100000bps » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:12 pm

https://clyp.it/xrxef5md?token=4c325cd4 ... 70e2477bc6 just bounced it :D. Disting Ex Alpha on Strings sequenced by Polyend Preset into QPAS. Drums are 4x befaco bursts into assimil8or. Its a real pleasure to use the Disting <3

User avatar
DeltaTucanae
Common Wiggler
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:38 pm

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by DeltaTucanae » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:17 pm

100000bps wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:12 pm
https://clyp.it/xrxef5md?token=4c325cd4 ... 70e2477bc6 just bounced it :D. Disting Ex Alpha on Strings sequenced by Polyend Preset into QPAS. Drums are 4x befaco bursts into assimil8or. Its a real pleasure to use the Disting <3
This sounds great! :tu:

User avatar
100000bps
Common Wiggler
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:56 am

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by 100000bps » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:18 pm


This sounds great! :tu:
Thank you :-) !

User avatar
elinch
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:50 am
Location: Germany

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by elinch » Sat May 02, 2020 10:47 am

„a piece of minimal music with the expert sleepers disting ex.“

mi marbles controls the 3 cv and gate inputs of the disting. distings outs goes in parallel in mi clouds and the t-rex replicator. in between I change the presets of the disting sample player algorithm.


JonoVizion
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:04 pm

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by JonoVizion » Sat May 02, 2020 11:33 am

elinch wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 10:47 am
„a piece of minimal music with the expert sleepers disting ex.“

mi marbles controls the 3 cv and gate inputs of the disting. distings outs goes in parallel in mi clouds and the t-rex replicator. in between I change the presets of the disting sample player algorithm.

Lovely!

mmontazeri
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:13 pm

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by mmontazeri » Sat May 02, 2020 1:32 pm

Anyone's SD Multisampler crashing/stopping? Having issues with a simple sequence into the multisampler.

User avatar
void23
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:34 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by void23 » Sat May 02, 2020 1:34 pm

Thanks for the demos. Was tempted to cancel my order since I already have two Distings and sort of bought the EX on impulse, especially after scanning the manual. Looks and sounds like it will be a nice addition to my system though.

User avatar
Zijnzijn Zijnzijn!
Common Wiggler
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:52 pm
Location: Cincinnati

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by Zijnzijn Zijnzijn! » Sun May 03, 2020 1:20 pm

Curious if there's a list of the samples that come loaded on this? The piano sampler is honestly enough of a selling point but would love to know what else comes with it

Also curious with the sample player - if you connect a midi breakout and play it with a midi keyboard, can the six inputs then be used to modulate various parameters and such?

User avatar
gummyboy
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 398
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:30 am
Location: Seoul

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by gummyboy » Sun May 03, 2020 7:01 pm

How do you connect Disting's i2c connector type with 3.5mm trs type connector? like Disting and 16n faderbank

XiXora
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:39 am
Location: London, UK

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by XiXora » Sun May 03, 2020 8:29 pm

I personally use a TELEXb from bpcmusic. Sold out via bpc but Pusherman has some. :)

User avatar
gummyboy
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 398
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:30 am
Location: Seoul

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by gummyboy » Sun May 03, 2020 10:22 pm


User avatar
os
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 12942
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:55 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by os » Mon May 04, 2020 2:30 am

Zijnzijn Zijnzijn! wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 1:20 pm
Curious if there's a list of the samples that come loaded on this? The piano sampler is honestly enough of a selling point but would love to know what else comes with it

Also curious with the sample player - if you connect a midi breakout and play it with a midi keyboard, can the six inputs then be used to modulate various parameters and such?
Yes.

LABS list below. Also everything from https://www.goldbaby.co.nz/freestuff.html

Code: Select all

LABS Choir [MS]
LABS Drm_Cym Mx [6T]
LABS Drm_Cym Sq [6T]
LABS Drm_Kit1 Mx [6T]
LABS Drm_Kit1 Sq [6T]
LABS Drm_Kit2 Mx [6T]
LABS Drm_Kit2 Sq [6T]
LABS Drm_Snr Mx [6T]
LABS Drm_Snr Sq [6T]
LABS Drm_Toms Mx [6T]
LABS Drm_Toms Sq [6T]
LABS Dulcimer_Fng [MS]
LABS Dulcimer_Hit [MS]
LABS Dulcimer_Mini [MS]
LABS Dulcimer_Trem [MS]
LABS Hi Strings Long [MS]
LABS Hi Strings Pizz [MS]
LABS Hi Strings Short [MS]
LABS Lo Strings Long [MS]
LABS Lo Strings Pizz [MS]
LABS Lo Strings Short [MS]
LABS MPno_Flut [MS]
LABS MPno_FlutWurli [MS]
LABS MPno_Gran Wurli [MS]
LABS MPno_Gran [MS]
LABS MPno_Pipe [MS]
LABS MPno_PipeWurli [MS]
LABS MPno_PtchDly Wurli [MS]
LABS MPno_PtchDly [MS]
LABS MPno_Tape Pno [MS]
LABS MPno_Tape Wurli [MS]
LABS MPno_Wurli Bombs [MS]
LABS Music Box [MS]
LABS RGrv_Bass Lng [MS]
LABS RGrv_Bass Shrt [MS]
LABS RGrv_Harpsi Lng [MS]
LABS RGrv_Harpsi Shrt [MS]
LABS RGrv_Pno Lng [MS]
LABS RGrv_Pno Shrt [MS]
LABS Scary Strings 1 [MS]
LABS Scary Strings 2 [MS]
LABS Soft Pno - PedOff [MS]
LABS Soft Pno - PedOn [MS]
LABS Wurli [MS]

User avatar
os
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 12942
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:55 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by os » Mon May 04, 2020 2:31 am

gummyboy wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 7:01 pm
How do you connect Disting's i2c connector type with 3.5mm trs type connector? like Disting and 16n faderbank
Solder up a cable.

Or buy this: https://michigansynthworks.com/collecti ... c-cable-15

User avatar
gummyboy
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 398
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:30 am
Location: Seoul

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by gummyboy » Mon May 04, 2020 2:47 am

os wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 2:31 am
gummyboy wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 7:01 pm
How do you connect Disting's i2c connector type with 3.5mm trs type connector? like Disting and 16n faderbank
Solder up a cable.

Or buy this: https://michigansynthworks.com/collecti ... c-cable-15
Thanks

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”