Expert Sleepers disting EX

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Post Reply
User avatar
os
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 12942
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:55 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by os » Wed May 13, 2020 9:23 am

mafouka wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 2:30 pm
os wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:10 am
Would anyone like to beta test Scala support in the SD Multisample algorithm?
Yes! Absolutely.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=231632#p3259767

Naive Teen Idol
Common Wiggler
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:37 pm

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by Naive Teen Idol » Wed May 13, 2020 12:54 pm

Umcorps wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 7:25 am


Still beta until my EX is delivered and can test it properly but the Mk 4 section works ok and the other stuff looks right on a midi monitor.

Happy to share once I have confirmed it works.
I am all in on this! I recently commandeered my daughter's iPad mini and have been futzing around again on TouchOSC -- I don't have an EX yet but love the idea of using this even just to lay out the mk 4 algorithms and then control parameters by touch.

User avatar
Umcorps
Will patch for food
Posts: 2377
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:33 am
Location: Currently unrecognisable

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by Umcorps » Wed May 13, 2020 1:32 pm

If you have Lemur on the iPad, the Lemur template posted in this thread (viewtopic.php?f=35&t=224258) is much better than any TouchOSC effort from me but then Lemur is much, much smarter than TouchOSC and also more expensive :) Plus, unless you are really up to speed with Lemur coding (hint - I'm not) its close on impossible to edit it yourself to add new algorithms such as the latest, rather good, pitch shifter.

But if you just need a TO template for Mk 4 control I'm happy to post mine here once I've updated it to include the latest firmware.

If you know TouchOSC you'll know how shitty the editor is - as in you can't do group editing and everything has to be individually hard coded to a specific midi channel and CC. Meaning if you want to use my Mk 4 template on anything other than channel 1, every single parameter would normally have to be reassigned manually. PITA squared.

However, this online editor, though buggy, does offer a quick way to reassign channels globally across a template

https://justlep.github.io/quickedit4touchosc/

Just ignore any error messages it throws up when you load the template file. They aren't errors and the fix it offers will screw everything up.

Naive Teen Idol
Common Wiggler
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:37 pm

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by Naive Teen Idol » Wed May 13, 2020 4:00 pm

Umcorps wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 1:32 pm
If you have Lemur on the iPad, the Lemur template posted in this thread (viewtopic.php?f=35&t=224258) is much better than any TouchOSC effort from me but then Lemur is much, much smarter than TouchOSC and also more expensive :) Plus, unless you are really up to speed with Lemur coding (hint - I'm not) its close on impossible to edit it yourself to add new algorithms such as the latest, rather good, pitch shifter.

But if you just need a TO template for Mk 4 control I'm happy to post mine here once I've updated it to include the latest firmware.

If you know TouchOSC you'll know how shitty the editor is - as in you can't do group editing and everything has to be individually hard coded to a specific midi channel and CC. Meaning if you want to use my Mk 4 template on anything other than channel 1, every single parameter would normally have to be reassigned manually. PITA squared.

However, this online editor, though buggy, does offer a quick way to reassign channels globally across a template

https://justlep.github.io/quickedit4touchosc/

Just ignore any error messages it throws up when you load the template file. They aren't errors and the fix it offers will screw everything up.
Yeah, it would be great if you could share the Mk4 control template -- I'm happy to update it to the latest firmware myself, but the algorithm select page alone would be a huge help.

I will check out that online editor. I was thinking about seeing what was possible using TouchOSC with the General CV (if only to do simple General MIDI editing) but I agree: TouchOSC's native editor is pretty terrible. Thanks!

User avatar
FrogStar
Common Wiggler
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: American't

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by FrogStar » Wed May 13, 2020 6:35 pm

I’ll understand ex comes with a discount code for Spitfire stuff. Can someone share the details on that?

User avatar
starthief
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 4162
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:39 am
Location: St Louis, MO
Contact:

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by starthief » Wed May 13, 2020 8:15 pm

rikrak wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 10:41 pm
formatting the card and copying across an older backup worked - and I am now upgraded to 1.1.1 - I will leave the post up in case anyone else has a similar problem)
Thanks for sharing that, I did the same and it fixed an issue I was having.

User avatar
Dragonaut
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 776
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:00 pm
Location: Lake Placid, NY

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by Dragonaut » Wed May 13, 2020 9:13 pm

Umcorps wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 7:25 am


Still beta until my EX is delivered and can test it properly but the Mk 4 section works ok and the other stuff looks right on a midi monitor.

Happy to share once I have confirmed it works.
Yoooo, very cool. I knew my iPad would be good for something one of these days.
https://soundcloud.com/acaciabridge (IDM, Ambient, Bass, Downtempo)
www.instagram.com/dr_science_phd (synths, hikes, and views.)

The Grump
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 530
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:17 pm

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by The Grump » Thu May 14, 2020 12:34 am

DoubleStop wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 8:42 pm
The Grump wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 3:29 pm
Shit. Well... I guess I know what's next on my list now.
Yeah.. its on my list..... Problem is I can't find seller who actually HAS one .. in Stock!
I ran into the same problem with the Mk4's. I'd suggest just ordering through Perfect Circuit, and they will send you yours as soon as the shipment arrives. They don't mess around, and the folks in their service department are the best. They are truly the reason Perfect Circuit keeps getting my business.

User avatar
Umcorps
Will patch for food
Posts: 2377
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:33 am
Location: Currently unrecognisable

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by Umcorps » Thu May 14, 2020 12:40 am

Naive Teen Idol wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 4:00 pm

I will check out that online editor. I was thinking about seeing what was possible using TouchOSC with the General CV (if only to do simple General MIDI editing) but I agree: TouchOSC's native editor is pretty terrible. Thanks!

Here's a link to the Mk 4 control surface section.

It should work without modification with up to 4 Mk 4s if they are set to channels 1 through to 4.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8xcqhnftp0m57 ... chosc?dl=0

User avatar
os
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 12942
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:55 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by os » Thu May 14, 2020 2:44 am

FrogStar wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 6:35 pm
I’ll understand ex comes with a discount code for Spitfire stuff. Can someone share the details on that?
30% off any library.

Naive Teen Idol
Common Wiggler
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:37 pm

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by Naive Teen Idol » Thu May 14, 2020 10:33 am

Umcorps wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:40 am
Naive Teen Idol wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 4:00 pm

I will check out that online editor. I was thinking about seeing what was possible using TouchOSC with the General CV (if only to do simple General MIDI editing) but I agree: TouchOSC's native editor is pretty terrible. Thanks!

Here's a link to the Mk 4 control surface section.

It should work without modification with up to 4 Mk 4s if they are set to channels 1 through to 4.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8xcqhnftp0m57 ... chosc?dl=0
Awesome, TY!

casciato
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:11 am

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by casciato » Thu May 14, 2020 5:22 pm

The Grump wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:34 am
DoubleStop wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 8:42 pm
The Grump wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 3:29 pm
Shit. Well... I guess I know what's next on my list now.
Yeah.. its on my list..... Problem is I can't find seller who actually HAS one .. in Stock!
I ran into the same problem with the Mk4's. I'd suggest just ordering through Perfect Circuit, and they will send you yours as soon as the shipment arrives. They don't mess around, and the folks in their service department are the best. They are truly the reason Perfect Circuit keeps getting my business.
Not to challenge what you're saying about Perfect Circuit, but heads up, it's probably going to be a bit of a wait. I ordered mine from Perfect Circuit about six hours after it was announced. That's three weeks ago tomorrow. Still haven't heard a word about when I might get mine. Presumably they're filling orders in the order they received them (and I think it's safe to say a few more have been ordered since April 24...) so it could be a minute.

casciato
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:11 am

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by casciato » Thu May 14, 2020 5:27 pm

The Grump wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:34 am
DoubleStop wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 8:42 pm
The Grump wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 3:29 pm
Shit. Well... I guess I know what's next on my list now.
Yeah.. its on my list..... Problem is I can't find seller who actually HAS one .. in Stock!
I ran into the same problem with the Mk4's. I'd suggest just ordering through Perfect Circuit, and they will send you yours as soon as the shipment arrives. They don't mess around, and the folks in their service department are the best. They are truly the reason Perfect Circuit keeps getting my business.
Not to challenge what you're saying about Perfect Circuit, but heads up, it's probably going to be a bit of a wait. I ordered mine from Perfect Circuit about six hours after it was announced. That's three weeks ago tomorrow. Still haven't heard a word about when I might get mine. Presumably they're filling orders in the order they received them (and I think it's safe to say a few more have been ordered since April 24...) so it could be a minute.

User avatar
starthief
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 4162
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:39 am
Location: St Louis, MO
Contact:

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by starthief » Thu May 14, 2020 5:57 pm

Personally I've found Perfect Circuit often gets pre-orders after other US shops, and the time it takes them to ship things also varies quite a bit. Of course right now shipping times seem to be all over the place, and customs is probably slower than normal.

Control, I've found, seems to be fastest overall with new products.

User avatar
deddylars
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:16 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by deddylars » Thu May 14, 2020 6:42 pm

starthief wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 5:57 pm
Control, I've found, seems to be fastest overall with new products.
Probably the difference between East Coast and West.
Considering ES and many other makers are selling from across the Atlantic, I'd say we just discovered the true meaning of Additive and Subtractive Synthesis shipping times.

The Grump
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 530
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:17 pm

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by The Grump » Thu May 14, 2020 7:01 pm

I've not dealt with Control that I can recall, but even when there has been a wait of over a month, Perfect Circuit's customer support staff were polite, understanding, as informative as they could be, and kind, without trying to hand me some sort of pacifier, or other bullshit. That alone was enough to give them repeat business, as I KNOW I can be an impatient asshole, but when speaking with them, I wasn't made to feel that way at all.

User avatar
SynapseCollapse
Common Wiggler
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 9:20 am
Location: Austin, Tx.

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by SynapseCollapse » Fri May 15, 2020 7:10 am

casciato wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Not to challenge what you're saying about Perfect Circuit, but heads up, it's probably going to be a bit of a wait. I ordered mine from Perfect Circuit about six hours after it was announced. That's three weeks ago tomorrow. Still haven't heard a word about when I might get mine. Presumably they're filling orders in the order they received them (and I think it's safe to say a few more have been ordered since April 24...) so it could be a minute.
It took me about 24 hours after the first announcement to convince myself to add a 3rd Disting to my rack from Perfect Circuit, and have been in the same boat. Their initial order was either really small or the preorders were huge.

Maybe a bit of both.

:despair:

Either way, looking forward to putting this in my case eventually, and I don’t think it’s going to convince me to sell my MK4 or MK2 any time soon.

User avatar
os
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 12942
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:55 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by os » Mon May 18, 2020 11:41 am


User avatar
Umcorps
Will patch for food
Posts: 2377
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:33 am
Location: Currently unrecognisable

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by Umcorps » Tue May 19, 2020 8:26 am

Os, How does this script work with soundfonts that have more than one preset?

User avatar
os
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 12942
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:55 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by os » Tue May 19, 2020 8:43 am

At the moment it completely ignores everything apart from the actual samples.

User avatar
Umcorps
Will patch for food
Posts: 2377
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:33 am
Location: Currently unrecognisable

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by Umcorps » Tue May 19, 2020 8:46 am

OK. Will edit sound fonts down into single presets then and convert them individually. Thanks.

User avatar
os
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 12942
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:55 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by os » Wed May 20, 2020 2:51 pm


User avatar
Diabolik!
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:26 pm

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by Diabolik! » Wed May 20, 2020 6:50 pm

has anyone who pre-ordered from Detroit Modular gotten their order?

User avatar
aragorn23
Common Wiggler
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:02 am
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Contact:

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by aragorn23 » Thu May 21, 2020 1:04 am

Similarly, has anyone who pre-ordered from Perfect Circuit gotten theirs?

rockstarartist
1-Post Wiggler
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:23 am

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by rockstarartist » Thu May 21, 2020 1:06 pm

Diabolik! wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:50 pm
has anyone who pre-ordered from Detroit Modular gotten their order?
Nope. I called them a couple of days ago, they told me they have a shipment in route but its stuck in customs. They told me it could be anyday, from tomorrow to next week.

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”