Expert Sleepers disting EX

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

Naenyn
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by Naenyn » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:46 pm

Anyone know the restock situation at Detroit Modular?
-n :ninja:

My racks on ModularGrid
Find me on MuffWiggler's Discord

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:12 am

SlagRalden wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:06 pm
Hey all, when using SD MULTISAMPLE is there a way to change the input mode to have NO pitch or gate inputs, i've checked the cv mappings and it doesn't seem like you can turn off the cv gate pair... I mostly input with midi so input 2 and 4 are being held hostage! would be cool to be able to turn the input mode setting to zero....
That should be no problem to add.

otnemem
Common Wiggler

Post by otnemem » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:49 am

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
os wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:12 am
SlagRalden wrote:
Hey all, when using SD MULTISAMPLE is there a way to change the input mode to have NO pitch or gate inputs, i've checked the cv mappings and it doesn't seem like you can turn off the cv gate pair... I mostly input with midi so input 2 and 4 are being held hostage! would be cool to be able to turn the input mode setting to zero....

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:59 am

What's the hidden content?

πασκαλ
Learning to Wiggle

Post by πασκαλ » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:02 am

And what do you have to be a member of?

SlagRalden
Common Wiggler

Post by SlagRalden » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:17 am

os wrote:
Amazing thanks again os!

neopl
Common Wiggler

Post by neopl » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:02 pm

Does the Disting EX have a 'help' menu much like the OC Hemisphere suite, where a double button tap will show a legend of what each input/output and encoders correspond to?

It would be a deal break for me if it does not have this feature, I use OC quite a lot, but if I had to look in the manual each time I just double tap on that button, I probably would not be using it nearly as much!

jebusrice
Common Wiggler

Post by jebusrice » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:14 pm

neopl wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:02 pm
Does the Disting EX have a 'help' menu much like the OC Hemisphere suite, where a double button tap will show a legend of what each input/output and encoders correspond to?

It would be a deal break for me if it does not have this feature, I use OC quite a lot, but if I had to look in the manual each time I just double tap on that button, I probably would not be using it nearly as much!
Don't think so but the manuals are fantastic.

EDIT: I realize my mistake further down, and fully accept/deserve what you're probably thinking right now :doh:
Last edited by jebusrice on Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ronnieb
Common Wiggler

Post by ronnieb » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:23 pm

neopl wrote:

Yup it does, for both single and dual modes. Can be quite wordy but suuuuper useful

Zijnzijn Zijnzijn!
Common Wiggler

Post by Zijnzijn Zijnzijn! » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:28 pm

os wrote:
SlagRalden wrote:
This would be killer! Would love to have six varying modulations really warbling up the piano

jebusrice
Common Wiggler

Post by jebusrice » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:41 pm

ronnieb wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:23 pm
neopl wrote:

Yup it does, for both single and dual modes. Can be quite wordy but suuuuper useful
So you can! Learn something new every day!
In single mode: hold V to show mappings, go P > algorithms > help for full description.
In dual mode I cant see how to show mappings (yet), but the help text is there accessed in the same way.

Blond 12
Common Wiggler

Post by Blond 12 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:40 am

jebusrice wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:41 pm
]

In single mode: hold V to show mappings, go P > algorithms > help for full description.
In dual mode I cant see how to show mappings (yet), but the help text is there accessed in the same way.
I love the quick mapping access in single mode i wish it was the same in dual mode ( finding a new knob combination) to avoid diving in the menu and some wordy long description😵

Somebody know if its possible ? Or not yet ?

Smapti
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Smapti » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:12 pm

Blond 12 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:40 am
jebusrice wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:41 pm
]

I love the quick mapping access in single mode i wish it was the same in dual mode ( finding a new knob combination) to avoid diving in the menu and some wordy long description😵

Somebody know if its possible ? Or not yet ?
I don't think you can add additional CV or knob routing in dual mode. My understanding is that this is intentional: the parameter settings in the mk4 (other then whatever is controlled already by a CV input) aren't meant to be continuously modulated. That's how I understand the design philosophy given by Os in the manual.

Blond 12
Common Wiggler

Post by Blond 12 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:30 am

Smapti wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:12 pm
]

I don't think you can add additional CV or knob routing in dual mode. My understanding is that this is intentional: the parameter settings in the mk4 (other then whatever is controlled already by a CV input) aren't meant to be continuously modulated. That's how I understand the design philosophy given by Os in the manual.
Sorry what? 😳🤔
Im just talking having the same rooting resume ( holding V in the solo mode) for the dual mode...
Last edited by Blond 12 on Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rayultine
Veteran Wiggler

Post by rayultine » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:53 pm

Naenyn wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:46 pm
Dan wrote me today that they are finally on the way

Naenyn
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Naenyn » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:18 pm

rayultine wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:53 pm
Naenyn wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:46 pm
Dan wrote me today that they are finally on the way
That is fantastic news! I emailed DM about it about a week ago but didn’t get a response. Hopefully they get enough for all of their preorders. I have a feeling I’m probably pretty deep into the queue...
-n :ninja:

My racks on ModularGrid
Find me on MuffWiggler's Discord

vraufen
Learning to Wiggle

Post by vraufen » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:29 pm

Is there a way to access the wavetable folders for the multisample mode? It would be nice to have a polyphonic wavetable mode, even if it didnt allow for scanning of the wavetable but just stepping through it or something like that.

mixxalot
Common Wiggler

Post by mixxalot » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:00 pm

Nice, would love to pick one up along with O&C and PNW for tools in my setup. Been waiting for the IME Piston Honda MK3 and Hertz Donut MK3 to come back in stock as well. If IME modules never show up may need to choose another complex FM or wave shaper oscillator.

mntbighker
Learning to Wiggle

Post by mntbighker » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:13 pm

Is Detroit Modular supposed to have priority on re-stock? I requested to be notified by Patchworks and PerfectCircuit. And not that long ago either. I'm afraid they will sell out again everywhere before I'm eligible to buy one. And my tiny new system relies pretty heavily on it. I checked across the pond, and it looks like insurance is killing the ability to have one shipped to Cali on many sources.

Suggestions?

AMillionMonkeys
Common Wiggler

Post by AMillionMonkeys » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:56 pm

mntbighker wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:13 pm
Is Detroit Modular supposed to have priority on re-stock? I requested to be notified by Patchworks and PerfectCircuit. And not that long ago either. I'm afraid they will sell out again everywhere before I'm eligible to buy one. And my tiny new system relies pretty heavily on it. I checked across the pond, and it looks like insurance is killing the ability to have one shipped to Cali on many sources.

Suggestions?
You could pre-order it from Detroit Modular. You can get 10% off there using the code “LD10” and it sounds like they will get them any day.

The shop is run by really friendly people and I’m sure if you call them, they can give you an idea of whether you’d get one from this shipment and when it is likely to arrive.

mntbighker
Learning to Wiggle

Post by mntbighker » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:07 pm

AMillionMonkeys wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:56 pm
You could pre-order it from Detroit Modular. You can get 10% off there using the code “LD10” and it sounds like they will get them any day.

The shop is run by really friendly people and I’m sure if you call them, they can give you an idea of whether you’d get one from this shipment and when it is likely to arrive.
Thanks, I'll call in the morning. Presumably they know how many are coming, and how many are pre-paid.

mntbighker
Learning to Wiggle

Post by mntbighker » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:00 pm

AMillionMonkeys wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:56 pm

I emailed, and they say if I order now I'm fine to get in on the current order arriving. :yay:

mntbighker
Learning to Wiggle

Post by mntbighker » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:14 pm

In the video he says you can't use the sampler and effects, like delay or reverb at the same time. I believe he said "yeah, that would be asking too much". I skimmed the manual but didn't see if you in fact CAN do both things in "Dual Mode"? Or did I entirely misunderstand what he was talking about when he said that? If you want sample record/play, and effects chain at the same time for either different or the same audio path, do you basically need two EX's?

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:25 am

You can use any two dual mode algorithms at the same time.

mntbighker
Learning to Wiggle

Post by mntbighker » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:42 pm

os wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:25 am
You can use any two dual mode algorithms at the same time.
I'm curious why that wasn't mentioned when sonicstate asked the question? Seems like that answer wasn't "No, yes that's too much to ask". The answer was "you can only do that in dual mode". I don't mean to nit pick. It's just that newbs like me struggle to grasp at any info and understanding we can get. In my case I was about to buy two EX's unless I determined this was possible. "To which he says... what's wrong with that?" :tu: Of course you lose some capabilities in the process of going dual to get two algo's. Everything is a trade-off.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”