Expert Sleepers disting EX

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

maudibe
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by maudibe » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:57 pm

Thanks OS. Getting there :guinness:

That clarifies one thing... I was trying to save to card and then move to folders, but couldn't find a way LOL. So yup... do it on the PC. And good to know you can associate the pre-set by having it in the appropriate folder, so I was thinking along the right lines.

I am obviously reasonably dim, as I don't think anyone else has asked these low level questions :doh:

The manual and the video tutorials are excellent - I just seem to have found myself head scratching over somethings that are, to most, quite straightforward.

But I'm sure my questions and sheer noob-headedness will assist someone else who comes along :hihi:

Thanks again for you assistance, an hope it has only used one of my nine lives :lol:

elinch
Learning to Wiggle

Post by elinch » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:10 am

here a very calming piece with my nes system and the disitng ex looper. 3 tracks of pads and one track of drums in half speed :-)

infos
01) loops 01-03 /// expert sleepers disting ex looper mode / (rings sequenced by marbles / looped with dld) / fx aid
02) pad /// moog subharmonicon / doepfer trautonium formant filter / fx aid
03) drums /// expert sleepers disting ex half speed looper mode / rings sequenced by marbles / looped with dld
04) loop /// mutable instruments rings sequenced by marbles / looped with dld
recorded live with tascam dr 100.

maudibe
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by maudibe » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:17 am

The track above is rather beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

tdallas
Wiggling with Experience

Post by tdallas » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:41 am

:agree: (records created by elinch are on heavy rotation during the work as a code monkey)

Blond 12
Common Wiggler

Post by Blond 12 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:13 am

Hello Os

I have a request for you 😊.
In general the disting EX volume is low particularly when we use the multisample single mode. Adding 6db or normalise to 1 is not enought.
Is it possible to add for the next firmware update, a general output gain for all algorythm ( single and double mode) No matter where we are in the module , just the possiblity to crank up the volume until 24db ( like in the single algo 10 wavetable synth ) and lock this option on a rotative knob like an easy quick access. Maybe a new menu called " Master Gain " close to " help " or "Algorythm " and having the possibility to direct turn with a knob to adjust the global volume.

Thanks again for all your amazing job.

neopl
Common Wiggler

Post by neopl » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:43 pm

I'm trying to get the SD 6 Triggers algo to cycle through all the samples in the folder via the use of an CV (LFO) coming in to one of the CV inputs. I go into CV Mappings, select the input of where the LFO comes in, select bipolar, and while the samples do change, most of the samples in the folders are not selected and it only switches between a small portion of them. Is it something to do with the units/v setting? I tried various values for the units/v but never managed to get close to the desirable behavior.

I'm basically trying to recreate the behavior of the I7 Dual WAV algo, where the samples all nicely scroll from one to the next when the LFO is applied to the input or a knob turn is performed. Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks!

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:57 am

Yes, you'll want to change the units/v setting. If you're using bipolar modulation, you'll probably also want to manually set the sample parameter to the middle sample, so the CV can modulate either side of that.

neopl
Common Wiggler

Post by neopl » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:01 pm

os wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:57 am
Yes, you'll want to change the units/v setting. If you're using bipolar modulation, you'll probably also want to manually set the sample parameter to the middle sample, so the CV can modulate either side of that.
Thanks. I selected a middle sample to be triggered (7th out of 14) samples, went to the CV mappings and selected the sample to be changed with bipolar modulation. Unfortunately the behavior is still very erratic. Any suggestion as to what the units/V should be set to?

For CV modulation I used Batumi Sine LFO and also tried manually using Maths channel 2 and 3 outputs.

I tried knob modulation as well and had the same erratic behavior, being unable to scroll through all the sample.

:despair:

EDit: Going back to the algo where I see the selected sample, I can see that the samples are being scrolled insanely fast, so i figure that the sensitivity is too high. I tried the units/v values all the way from negative to positive without much change to the behavior. Could it be that it just has to be extremely slow LFO to properly cycle through these?

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:30 am

If you have 14 samples, you have a range of ±7. So a modulation rate of 1 unit/V will cover the whole set of samples in ±7V. The Batumi is probably outputting either ±5V or ±10V.

You could use the disting's attenuator parameter to reduce that.

Moanerette
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Moanerette » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:40 am

Pls ignore.
Last edited by Moanerette on Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:44 am

How are you attempting to play different samples? By choosing them with the parameters?

Moanerette
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Moanerette » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:48 am

Yes, I've now got one working hence editing my post. I guess I just don't understand the signal flow well enough. Sorry to bother you.

Blond 12
Common Wiggler

Post by Blond 12 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:54 am

Blond 12 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:13 am
Hello Os

I have a request for you 😊.
In general the disting EX volume is low particularly when we use the multisample single mode. Adding 6db or normalise to 1 is not enought.
Is it possible to add for the next firmware update, a general output gain for all algorythm ( single and double mode) No matter where we are in the module , just the possiblity to crank up the volume until 24db ( like in the single algo 10 wavetable synth ) and lock this option on a rotative knob like an easy quick access. Maybe a new menu called " Master Gain " close to " help " or "Algorythm " and having the possibility to direct turn with a knob to adjust the global volume.

Thanks again for all your amazing job.
Second try 😅🤷🏻‍♂️

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:51 am

I heard you the first time! No need to repost.

GrandMasterBeta
Learning to Wiggle

Post by GrandMasterBeta » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:01 am

Getting started with Disting EX and have some basic questions.

I've figured out looping, phaser, reverb and various single and dual patches but there are a couple things that I can't get working and have some very basic questions.

First is how can I patch the output of the left side into the right side without a cable? So phaser + reverb for example? Are the connections normaled in any way or do you just use a cable to connect them?

Second, I want to use the mixer for mixing several audio signals but can't get any output. I'm assuming the matrix mixer does this. I can see my inputs are registering but am not sure what settings I need to change to get any output.

Perhaps a distings for dummies is what I need.

Thx

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:35 pm

Naenyn
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Naenyn » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:10 pm

I love you, os.
-n :ninja:

My racks on ModularGrid
Find me on Discord

Hastur
Common Wiggler

Post by Hastur » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:16 pm

Oh yes, I can't wait ! :hyper:

rayultine
Veteran Wiggler

Post by rayultine » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:19 pm

Need to rename the i/o labels:
B
E
A
D
S

RHB
Learning to Wiggle

Post by RHB » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:07 pm

Sounds gorgeous, Os! Thank you for what you do. :)

Return to “Eurorack Modules”