Soundforce Dual ADSR

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe., lisa

Post Reply
User avatar
Franktree
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:06 pm

Soundforce Dual ADSR

Post by Franktree » Tue May 12, 2020 10:15 pm



I haven't seen anything posted about this yet. It looks great to me. I'd be curious if anyone has had any opportunity to try one in person yet. Would love to hear thoughts and impressions.

magicdust
Common Wiggler
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:22 am
Location: Internet

Re: Soundforce Dual ADSR

Post by magicdust » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:48 am

Bump on this. Close to pulling the trigger seems like a super performance adsr

User avatar
lasesentaysiete
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1549
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:23 am
Location: Barcelona

Re: Soundforce Dual ADSR

Post by lasesentaysiete » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:53 am

I have one. Its a great, fully featured module and hard to equal at that price. The build quality is also excellent.

I cannot compare it directly to the JUNO envelopes, unfortunately.

magicdust
Common Wiggler
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:22 am
Location: Internet

Re: Soundforce Dual ADSR

Post by magicdust » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:17 pm

lasesentaysiete wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:53 am
I have one. Its a great, fully featured module and hard to equal at that price. The build quality is also excellent.

I cannot compare it directly to the JUNO envelopes, unfortunately.
Thank you for your response. How do the faders feel? Are they fun to play?

User avatar
lasesentaysiete
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1549
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:23 am
Location: Barcelona

Re: Soundforce Dual ADSR

Post by lasesentaysiete » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:22 pm

magicdust wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:17 pm
How do the faders feel? Are they fun to play?
They're solid and fine to play or adjust. I usually automate their movement via CV, though.

magicdust
Common Wiggler
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:22 am
Location: Internet

Re: Soundforce Dual ADSR

Post by magicdust » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:41 pm

lasesentaysiete wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:22 pm
magicdust wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:17 pm
How do the faders feel? Are they fun to play?
They're solid and fine to play or adjust. I usually automate their movement via CV, though.
That’s the real selling point, cv over stage, do you know of any other dual adsr’s that have this function?

User avatar
lasesentaysiete
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1549
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:23 am
Location: Barcelona

Re: Soundforce Dual ADSR

Post by lasesentaysiete » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:18 am

magicdust wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:41 pm
That’s the real selling point, cv over stage, do you know of any other dual adsr’s that have this function?
I do not know of any other dual ADSRs with this feature set & price point.

magicdust
Common Wiggler
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:22 am
Location: Internet

Re: Soundforce Dual ADSR

Post by magicdust » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:01 am

lasesentaysiete wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:18 am
magicdust wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:41 pm
That’s the real selling point, cv over stage, do you know of any other dual adsr’s that have this function?
I do not know of any other dual ADSRs with this feature set & price point.
What about feature set only? Can’t find anything else!

User avatar
mdoudoroff
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 4153
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:10 am
Location: New York City

Re: Soundforce Dual ADSR

Post by mdoudoroff » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:16 am

Two examples would be the Cwejman ADSR-VC2 and the Verbos Multi Envelope.

But there are lots of ways to get there. For example, two Instruo Ceis will cost more than the SoundForce but be more compact (and probably less ergonomic). A different approach would be to go digital with something like Quadigy. It depends on your what exact performance elements you prioritize.

The SoundForce does seem like a splendid design and value if you want simplicity and immediacy. If money is less of a consideration, the Verbos has some really interesting tricks.
Last edited by mdoudoroff on Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Black
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:37 am
Location: Germany

re: Soundforce Dual ADSR

Post by Black » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:17 am

magicdust wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:01 am
What about feature set only? Can’t find anything else!
Two Instruo cèis would take less space, would also have faders and offer some additional features, such as gate outputs per segment, trigger at the start of each segment, output shape continously selectable between linear and exponential, plus a trigger/gate button. But, yes, they would not be cheaper.

User avatar
Black
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:37 am
Location: Germany

Re: re: Soundforce Dual ADSR

Post by Black » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:18 am

Black wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:17 am
magicdust wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:01 am
What about feature set only? Can’t find anything else!
Two Instruo cèis would take less space, would also have faders and offer some additional features, such as gate outputs per segment, trigger at the start of each segment, output shape continously selectable between linear and exponential, plus a trigger/gate button. But, yes, they would not be cheaper.
EDIT: Oupps, this has just been mentioned.

magicdust
Common Wiggler
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:22 am
Location: Internet

Re: Soundforce Dual ADSR

Post by magicdust » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:34 pm

mdoudoroff wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:16 am
Two examples would be the Cwejman ADSR-VC2 and the Verbos Multi Envelope.

But there are lots of ways to get there. For example, two Instruo Ceis will cost more than the SoundForce but be more compact (and probably less ergonomic). A different approach would be to go digital with something like Quadigy. It depends on your what exact performance elements you prioritize.

The SoundForce does seem like a splendid design and value if you want simplicity and immediacy. If money is less of a consideration, the Verbos has some really interesting tricks.
Thanks both, very helpful. Verbos multi envelope looks very intriguing. Does it cover all the features of the soundforce?

User avatar
mdoudoroff
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 4153
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:10 am
Location: New York City

Re: Soundforce Dual ADSR

Post by mdoudoroff » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:53 pm

If you’re interested in the Verbos Multi Envelope, you should watch some YouTube videos about it and maybe ask questions in the Verbos thread (I don’t have one, myself). Offhand, here are most of the differences:

- the SoundForce has attenuators on the CV inputs, making it that much easier to dial in modulation
- the SoundForce has an inverse output
- the SoundForce has a short/medium/long switch to scale durations
- the SoundForce has an "end of" trigger that can be assigned to the attack, decay or release stage
- the SoundForce has a switch between linear and exponential (models the Juno 106 when set exponential in medium time scale)
- the Verbos has an extra stage (five stages instead of four)
- the Verbos has variable curvature with a knob from linear to exponential
- the Verbos has separate trigger and gate inputs (for patch programming)
- the Verbos has stage gate outputs for four of the stages of the first envelope (those red ones up top)
- instead of an inverse output, each envelope on the Verbos simultaneously outputs four or three (respectively) distinct envelopes (this could be very cool for routing around your modular)

magicdust
Common Wiggler
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:22 am
Location: Internet

Re: Soundforce Dual ADSR

Post by magicdust » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:49 pm

mdoudoroff wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:53 pm
If you’re interested in the Verbos Multi Envelope, you should watch some YouTube videos about it and maybe ask questions in the Verbos thread (I don’t have one, myself). Offhand, here are most of the differences:

- the SoundForce has attenuators on the CV inputs, making it that much easier to dial in modulation
- the SoundForce has an inverse output
- the SoundForce has a short/medium/long switch to scale durations
- the SoundForce has an "end of" trigger that can be assigned to the attack, decay or release stage
- the SoundForce has a switch between linear and exponential (models the Juno 106 when set exponential in medium time scale)
- the Verbos has an extra stage (five stages instead of four)
- the Verbos has variable curvature with a knob from linear to exponential
- the Verbos has separate trigger and gate inputs (for patch programming)
- the Verbos has stage gate outputs for four of the stages of the first envelope (those red ones up top)
- instead of an inverse output, each envelope on the Verbos simultaneously outputs four or three (respectively) distinct envelopes (this could be very cool for routing around your modular)
Thanks for this. Really helpful! I think soundforce is the module for me.

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”