DivKid RND STEP

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

User avatar
discreet-cowboy
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon May 18, 2020 7:28 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: New DivKid module

Post by discreet-cowboy » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:01 pm

How have y’all been liking RND Step? How does it compare to other S&H modules? (or modules with S&H ie Wogglebug or Nano Rand)

B0bcat
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:07 pm

Re: DivKid RND STEP

Post by B0bcat » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:53 am

Petition to move parts of this thread into a new one entitled “Instruo Trading cards” or similar — it would make it more obvious that Ben is not involved in every single one of these teased projects and avoid shading the different parties in these various collaborations
WTB: Plan B / SubCon Model 15 VCO, Plan B Model 12 VCF, ADDAC 805v1, MakeNoise QMMG

philipdeman
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:01 am

Re: DivKid RND STEP

Post by philipdeman » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:55 pm

B0bcat wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:53 am
Petition to move parts of this thread into a new one entitled “Instruo Trading cards” or similar — it would make it more obvious that Ben is not involved in every single one of these teased projects and avoid shading the different parties in these various collaborations
Seconded

User avatar
mosorensen
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 281
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire

Re: DivKid RND STEP

Post by mosorensen » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:54 pm

Thirded

I received a teaser card for a 4hp "cascading logic" unit called eãs.

User avatar
Franktree
Common Wiggler
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:06 pm

Re: DivKid RND STEP

Post by Franktree » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:22 pm

Has anyone heard any word on when these are going to be available again stateside?

User avatar
analogPedagog
Steady State Fate
Posts: 954
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:56 pm
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: DivKid RND STEP

Post by analogPedagog » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:16 am

Another production run is coming around shortly. Really didn't expect them to sell out so fast...

User avatar
mdoudoroff
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 3687
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:10 am
Location: New York City

Re: DivKid RND STEP

Post by mdoudoroff » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:43 am

I’m just starting to use mine and those half-rectified outputs are a simple stroke of genius. I also wanted to complement you on the fit and finish: the entire module from face plate to PCBs is quite elegant.

User avatar
Whatisvalis
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 263
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:54 pm

Re: DivKid RND STEP

Post by Whatisvalis » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:25 am

They seem to be in stock at Patchwerks.

User avatar
Franktree
Common Wiggler
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:06 pm

Re: DivKid RND STEP

Post by Franktree » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:37 am

Whatisvalis wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:25 am
They seem to be in stock at Patchwerks.
Nice. Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered from there (and actually, hadn't even heard of this shop before--a nice discovery in its own right!).

vnsc
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:26 pm
Contact:

Re: DivKid RND STEP

Post by vnsc » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:01 am

@analogpedagog - Just wanted to say congrats on this module :) I remember looking up S&H's last year and discovering the common issue with hysteresis (which I am assuming is the same as "droop") - so what you accomplished here seems like quite an impressive feat. Haven't tried the module yet, but I keep thinking of new ways it would be useful or interesting to patch... seems like a 'must have' utility if rnd/noise isn't covered in a rack already.
http://vaultofstars.com
Music, art, photography, design, words

User avatar
pugix
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 3405
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:23 am
Location: Asheville, NC
Contact:

Re: New DivKid module

Post by pugix » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:34 pm

SavageMessiah wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:19 pm
Now I'm torn between this or ADDAC 215 to add some more S&H to my system. Not going to get either right now - I've spent way too much lately.
I plan to get both.
Richard
https://www.pugix.com

"Everything in our world is actually always modulated by everything else." - Peter B

User avatar
oilpanic
Common Wiggler
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:27 am
Location: Petaluma CA

Re: DivKid RND STEP

Post by oilpanic » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:56 am

Franktree wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:22 pm
Has anyone heard any word on when these are going to be available again stateside?
Available at Analog Haven 07012020

User avatar
megarat
Common Wiggler
Posts: 204
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:09 pm
Location: Squirt Island, USA

Re: DivKid RND STEP

Post by megarat » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:44 pm

@analogpedagog: are there any plans to release a version of this with a silver faceplate? (I'm trying to decide if I should buy one now, or wait.)

User avatar
Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2518
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:14 pm
Location: ABQ,NM

Re: DivKid RND STEP

Post by Zymos » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:40 pm

I know, I know, it is what it is. But I can’t help wishing there was an adjustable slew, even on just one channel.

User avatar
analogPedagog
Steady State Fate
Posts: 954
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:56 pm
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: DivKid RND STEP

Post by analogPedagog » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:04 pm

mdoudoroff wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:43 am
I’m just starting to use mine and those half-rectified outputs are a simple stroke of genius. I also wanted to complement you on the fit and finish: the entire module from face plate to PCBs is quite elegant.
Thank you, was a bit of a challenge but in the end it just fit.
And yeah I really liked the idea of the half rectified outputs. Its nice to include your default setting in a random patch and kills another bird by polarizing the output.

vnsc wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:01 am
@analogpedagog - Just wanted to say congrats on this module :) I remember looking up S&H's last year and discovering the common issue with hysteresis (which I am assuming is the same as "droop") - so what you accomplished here seems like quite an impressive feat. Haven't tried the module yet, but I keep thinking of new ways it would be useful or interesting to patch... seems like a 'must have' utility if rnd/noise isn't covered in a rack already.
Thanks much. Designing an analog S&H is full of trade-offs in certain aspects of performance. There are always better ways and room for improvement but overall Ben and i are really happy with the all-round result given the very limited space to fit it all. Not to mention along with six high gain noise generators waiting to infect the circuitry...

megarat wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:44 pm
@analogpedagog: are there any plans to release a version of this with a silver faceplate? (I'm trying to decide if I should buy one now, or wait.)
I don't have plans to make a silver metal version. I do miss the metal panels but the FR4 panels have just been more economical for my tiny business and they are much quicker turnover to produce vs the metal.

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”