Momo Modular

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

peteone
Wiggling with Experience

Momo Modular

Post by peteone » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:30 pm

Does anyone know the dude? he has been unresponsive after I sent him a module to repair. To be fair he responded once 7 days ago I've been trying to follow up but got silence. I wanted to get more modules from him but now I'm not so sure. His phone goes to voicemail.

Efudd
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Momo Modular

Post by Efudd » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:39 pm

I've been looking for references to Momo myself; Ordered a module a few days ago from him but did have yet to receive anything after the automated payment system. I pinged him yesterday directly via email but have not heard back.

mrerdat
Common Wiggler

Post by mrerdat » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:30 pm

I bought a Antumbra Knit from Momo via Ebay a few months back and everything was fine. Never had to contact him via email though.

blaythe.steuer
Common Wiggler

Post by blaythe.steuer » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:14 pm

i’ve contacted him before and he was very responsive. this sounds like something happened in his personal life

notinachos
Learning to Wiggle

Post by notinachos » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:03 pm

Bummer hope all is well. Seems it's not just me then. I tried calling and sent a couple emails but no reply. That was early May...

Efudd
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Efudd » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:21 pm

I received a refund for my Momo order I had inquired on via email about an hour ago, but no other communications.

mattdennewitz
Common Wiggler

Post by mattdennewitz » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:11 pm

He’s been very responsive in the past, including once delivering a replacement module himself after the original was lost by USPS. I’ve purchased a few modules from him as recently as mid 2019, and never had a problem.
-m

wiggle hunt, global synth gear search: https://wigglehunt.com

peteone
Wiggling with Experience

Post by peteone » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:39 pm

Yeah I dunno.. hope he’s ok and all, but if he’s busy that’s not great for the customers. I run a business myself and couldn’t allow myself not to respond to clients can go south really quick.

phoenixloop
1-Post Wiggler

Post by phoenixloop » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:52 pm

I just had to go through a PayPal dispute with Momo for a module I'd ordered back in June. They were totally unresponsive by email and phone. I tracked them down to Reverb where I finally got a reply and was basically blamed for not being patient enough (the item had been 'shipped' a month before, but USPS still says it hasn't received it). Even after initiating the PayPal case they declined to respond or comment.

I hope whoever's on the other end is alright, but beware this company for purchasing.

Datum
Common Wiggler

Post by Datum » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:58 pm

I've bought from Momo before. Slow to ship but the module was great once it arrived.

NeolithicElectrophones
Wiggling with Experience

Post by NeolithicElectrophones » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:05 pm

I've repaired two modules that were purchased from him by others. They had trouble getting in contact and once they did the resolution wasn't so great from what I was told. This was back around January. The soldering on them was OK but looked hastily done. The issues were ones that could only have happened when things aren't properly tested after a build. I'm sure these were outliers as he seems to sell quite a few modules on reverb with good feedback.

mrhooks
Common Wiggler

Post by mrhooks » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:06 pm

He was great when I asked for some minor customization (different pots/panel), and shipping was prompt IIRC, but he was unresponsive a few months later when I contacted him for support, despite the 1-year warranty he claims to offer (this was in early 2020). His prices are good, and I didn't notice any obvious sloppy soldering or anything like that, but I doubt I'd buy from him again, unless things turn around.
Last edited by mrhooks on Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
WTB: original MI Rings panel
Also looking for someone willing to make a couple small changes to Rings firmware

SkyWriter
Common Wiggler

Post by SkyWriter » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:09 pm

Bought seven modules from him in the last two months. Received the first four promptly, the 5th after a bit of a delay, the last two are still stuck in Chicago after a month. Seems like something happened, he was delivering promptly.

blaythe.steuer
Common Wiggler

Post by blaythe.steuer » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:39 pm

it def seems like something is up. i emailed him a question last week and got nothing.

SkyWriter
Common Wiggler

Post by SkyWriter » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:21 pm

Yeah, I got several responses through ebay. Said they are waiting back on an inquiry through USPS.

Sadly, with all the uncertainty out there... a measured response is necessary to maintain everyones sanity. :-)

Vistasgp888
1-Post Wiggler

Post by Vistasgp888 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:18 am

I'm having a similar issue. I ordered a module on the 11th, USPS is still waiting to recieve the item. I've gotten no reponses from emails, or direct messages on reddit.

Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Zymos » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:11 am

Sadly this isn’t new for them, I had a similar experience over a year ago- module was supposedly shipped but it took a couple of weeks to actually get to the post office.

pence30
Learning to Wiggle

Post by pence30 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:01 am

I have ordered a Clouds clone and it is now at the Customs in my country, but I have to provide the sender's name to let the item through the Customs, which I don't know. I have sent a message for him on ebay and then an email, but has not responded yet. Has anyone tried to text message him vie the phone number on his website? Or anyone knows what's the sender's name is on the package?

Helen
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Helen » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:01 am

Check your PMs!

Return to “Eurorack Modules”