Five12 Vector drum mode

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

Pagoda-100
Learning to Wiggle

Five12 Vector drum mode

Post by Pagoda-100 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:48 pm

Any Vector users enjoying the drum mode? I am a newish modular user getting to the point of adding some beats to my humble sequences and realised I may have the foundation of a basic drum machine within Plaits and Vector. I thought I could use Volt/Oct to drive the model but so far I can only get one model to play no matter how I set up the 4 drum "voices". Prolly a rookie mistake but I have been looking online and have not found anything. I am digging the Vector and figured this would be a nice simple first step in adding a beat but no such luck so far.

Originally I was going to use Digitakt for drums but have recently found a bunch of joy in the fact my rack has one power cord, one set of outs and one power switch.... Not sure if its user error on Plats or Vector but figured it was worth trying before looking at a true drum module.

I am on the latest firmware for the Vector

Thanks in advance!
Looking over the edge of the 5U hole
Bunch of Eurorack modules, GRP 24, Vector sequencer, Vermona Performer MK2, OB-6m, Elektron Analog 4 mk2

boom blip
Common Wiggler

Re: Five12 Vector drum mode

Post by boom blip » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:55 pm

Pagoda-100 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:48 pm
Any Vector users enjoying the drum mode? I am a newish modular user getting to the point of adding some beats to my humble sequences and realised I may have the foundation of a basic drum machine within Plaits and Vector. I thought I could use Volt/Oct to drive the model but so far I can only get one model to play no matter how I set up the 4 drum "voices". Prolly a rookie mistake but I have been looking online and have not found anything. I am digging the Vector and figured this would be a nice simple first step in adding a beat but no such luck so far.

Originally I was going to use Digitakt for drums but have recently found a bunch of joy in the fact my rack has one power cord, one set of outs and one power switch.... Not sure if its user error on Plats or Vector but figured it was worth trying before looking at a true drum module.

I am on the latest firmware for the Vector

Thanks in advance!
You can only play one model at a time, best way to set this up is pitch or velocity into the model input, not use the drum sequencer since the plaits can't receive 4 triggers.

V/Oct drives the pitch of the chosen module.

Pagoda-100
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Pagoda-100 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:04 pm

Ahhh OK. I think...
So you cant even do more than one model per PART? I figured it would at least do separate models per step (one of the four voices only) I may be looking at it wrong but you can change the pitch on the vector for each drum voices and then use a different voice per step? Again, Im at that early stage of just getting dangerous but no pro...

Thanks for the reply!
Looking over the edge of the 5U hole
Bunch of Eurorack modules, GRP 24, Vector sequencer, Vermona Performer MK2, OB-6m, Elektron Analog 4 mk2

boom blip
Common Wiggler

Post by boom blip » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:26 pm

Plaits is monophonic so you can't have more than one drum simultaneously

boom blip
Common Wiggler

Post by boom blip » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:26 pm

Oops double post

Return to “Eurorack Modules”