CV to and from eurorack to VCV Rack

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

greekgeek
Learning to Wiggle

CV to and from eurorack to VCV Rack

Post by greekgeek » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:54 pm

Im trying to build a hardware rack and as I'm already quite familiar with VCV Rack and have used it for a while now, I was thinking of getting a audio interface. I'm looking at the polyend poly 2 and was wondering if it would be able to do what I want, or would the Expert Sleepers ES-8 be better? The poly 2 is cheaper than ES-8.

auspemusic
Learning to Wiggle

Re: CV to and from eurorack to VCV Rack

Post by auspemusic » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:33 am

I don't own the Poly 2, so I can't say for certain, but my understanding is that it only converts MIDI data from your DAW or controller to note, velocity, trigger, etc. related CVs. So for example, I don't think you can, say, easily send out an LFO to your rack through it, unless you're modulating note velocity or something. Like I said, could be wrong as I haven't used it. I am fairly sure, though, that you can only send data in one direction, i.e. can't send CV from Euro to VCV.

I do own the ES-8 though and I can say for sure that it will send any type of audio and CV both directions to/from VCV quite easily. LFOs, pitch, trigs, audio, all go both ways no problem. I'd say it's the way to go for doing what you want.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”