Experiences ordering from Folktek website?

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

Post Reply
humanoid01
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:21 pm

Experiences ordering from Folktek website?

Post by humanoid01 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:07 am

Update edit - they did respond so all went through ok


Edit as I dont think I explained properly, I know there is a 12 - 16 wait for the module I amooking for but after I made the payment the site crashed and I havent been able to get hold of anyone. Payment was taken via Paypal but no confirmation from the company as to whether it was received so was not sure what to do. I have sent a couple of messages via their website but no reaponse.

>>

Hi guys I paid for a module from the Folktek website on Tuesday 28th July but other than a paypal confirmation have had no notification from Folktek themselves - is this usual? I have sent them a couple of messages via their site but have had no reply so am a bit worried although has only been 3 days
Last edited by humanoid01 on Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

comacomfort
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:56 am
Location: Canada

Re: Experiences ordering from Folktek website?

Post by comacomfort » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:44 am

This is a long shot but check your spam/junk mail. Its happened to me 3 times with other module sellers that order confirmations go to spam

One time hotmail filtered it out of my inbox as "unimportant" and i had do press "show all" to get it to display my full inbox

humanoid01
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:21 pm

Re: Experiences ordering from Folktek website?

Post by humanoid01 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:42 pm

Nope only the Paypal confirmation. Just wondering how long to give it or whether to cancel the payment

humanoid01
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:21 pm

Re: Experiences ordering from Folktek website?

Post by humanoid01 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:42 pm

Or not sure if currently closed or on holiday but no message on their site to indicate but assume all still operational as the Alter 2 has been open for preorder

User avatar
Ears
Common Wiggler
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:43 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Experiences ordering from Folktek website?

Post by Ears » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:56 pm

I’ve ordered a few times from them. There were a few quirks, but I got everything I ordered just fine. I’d not sweat it just yet.

NARC NOISE
Common Wiggler
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:54 am
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Experiences ordering from Folktek website?

Post by NARC NOISE » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:38 pm

As a general rule of thumb with anything modular related, I have been taking my normal expectations and adding at least a week to be on the safe side.

User avatar
NeolithicElectrophones
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:38 am
Location: California

Re: Experiences ordering from Folktek website?

Post by NeolithicElectrophones » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:57 pm

NARC NOISE wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:38 pm
As a general rule of thumb with anything modular related, I have been taking my normal expectations and adding at least a week to be on the safe side.
This is a great approach to anything bought on boutique markets. Maintaining a good relationship with the source of gear is worth the anxiety/patience imo. Not sure if Folktek is all full time people either. Lots of modular outfits aren't the owners full time occupation, even some of the medium to larger names. FWIW whenever there have been screw ups from places I've ordered modular from they either have been very apologetic, thrown in extra goodies or both.

Ferau
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:32 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Experiences ordering from Folktek website?

Post by Ferau » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:03 pm

I ordered (and received) a mescaline from them. No problems.

NARC NOISE
Common Wiggler
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:54 am
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Experiences ordering from Folktek website?

Post by NARC NOISE » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:06 pm

NeolithicElectrophones wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:57 pm
NARC NOISE wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:38 pm
As a general rule of thumb with anything modular related, I have been taking my normal expectations and adding at least a week to be on the safe side.
This is a great approach to anything bought on boutique markets. Maintaining a good relationship with the source of gear is worth the anxiety/patience imo. Not sure if Folktek is all full time people either. Lots of modular outfits aren't the owners full time occupation, even some of the medium to larger names. FWIW whenever there have been screw ups from places I've ordered modular from they either have been very apologetic, thrown in extra goodies or both.
I deal with the public, which is 95% assholes as far as patience is concerned, so I really make an attempt to be as understanding as possible with this hobby....we're not dealing with life and death, health, or well being, so I say everybody just relax...

User avatar
NeolithicElectrophones
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:38 am
Location: California

Re: Experiences ordering from Folktek website?

Post by NeolithicElectrophones » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:10 pm

NARC NOISE wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:06 pm
NeolithicElectrophones wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:57 pm
NARC NOISE wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:38 pm
As a general rule of thumb with anything modular related, I have been taking my normal expectations and adding at least a week to be on the safe side.
This is a great approach to anything bought on boutique markets. Maintaining a good relationship with the source of gear is worth the anxiety/patience imo. Not sure if Folktek is all full time people either. Lots of modular outfits aren't the owners full time occupation, even some of the medium to larger names. FWIW whenever there have been screw ups from places I've ordered modular from they either have been very apologetic, thrown in extra goodies or both.
I deal with the public, which is 95% assholes as far as patience is concerned, so I really make an attempt to be as understanding as possible with this hobby....we're not dealing with life and death, health, or well being, so I say everybody just relax...
:hihi: agreed. I've waited six weeks for modular from Australia. Well worth it.

NARC NOISE
Common Wiggler
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:54 am
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Experiences ordering from Folktek website?

Post by NARC NOISE » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:12 pm

NeolithicElectrophones wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:10 pm
NARC NOISE wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:06 pm
NeolithicElectrophones wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:57 pm
NARC NOISE wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:38 pm
As a general rule of thumb with anything modular related, I have been taking my normal expectations and adding at least a week to be on the safe side.
This is a great approach to anything bought on boutique markets. Maintaining a good relationship with the source of gear is worth the anxiety/patience imo. Not sure if Folktek is all full time people either. Lots of modular outfits aren't the owners full time occupation, even some of the medium to larger names. FWIW whenever there have been screw ups from places I've ordered modular from they either have been very apologetic, thrown in extra goodies or both.
I deal with the public, which is 95% assholes as far as patience is concerned, so I really make an attempt to be as understanding as possible with this hobby....we're not dealing with life and death, health, or well being, so I say everybody just relax...
:hihi: agreed. I've waited six weeks for modular from Australia. Well worth it.
Just got 6 modules from Romania...took a month and a day, building new cases anyway so no biggie...

User avatar
NeolithicElectrophones
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:38 am
Location: California

Re: Experiences ordering from Folktek website?

Post by NeolithicElectrophones » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:15 pm

Cool, what modules?

NARC NOISE
Common Wiggler
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:54 am
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Experiences ordering from Folktek website?

Post by NARC NOISE » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:20 pm

6 of the FEEDBACK Modules Squeeze Compressors....4 channel individual drum compression plus the other 2 end of chain stereo

User avatar
NeolithicElectrophones
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:38 am
Location: California

Re: Experiences ordering from Folktek website?

Post by NeolithicElectrophones » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:21 pm

Very nice. Great prices on all their stuff, haven't ordered yet, but in the market for different compressors so good to know they're fulfilling stuff well. Just built another galore Dynamics processor from Timo Rozendal. Really useful in drum patches.

NARC NOISE
Common Wiggler
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:54 am
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Experiences ordering from Folktek website?

Post by NARC NOISE » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:24 pm

Yeah, I'm reallly tempted to grab some of his filters at the prices he has them at, but I've spent enough already for the year.

humanoid01
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:21 pm

Re: Experiences ordering from Folktek website?

Post by humanoid01 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:53 pm

Edited
Last edited by humanoid01 on Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

humanoid01
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:21 pm

Re: Experiences ordering from Folktek website?

Post by humanoid01 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:04 pm

NARC NOISE wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:06 pm
NeolithicElectrophones wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:57 pm
NARC NOISE wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:38 pm
As a general rule of thumb with anything modular related, I have been taking my normal expectations and adding at least a week to be on the safe side.
This is a great approach to anything bought on boutique markets. Maintaining a good relationship with the source of gear is worth the anxiety/patience imo. Not sure if Folktek is all full time people either. Lots of modular outfits aren't the owners full time occupation, even some of the medium to larger names. FWIW whenever there have been screw ups from places I've ordered modular from they either have been very apologetic, thrown in extra goodies or both.
I deal with the public, which is 95% assholes as far as patience is concerned, so I really make an attempt to be as understanding as possible with this hobby....we're not dealing with life and death, health, or well being, so I say everybody just relax...
Tbh its just to make sure the payment has actually been received, I know it will be 12 to 16 weeks as will need to be made but after I made the payment which seemed to go through I did get an error page on their site. Will give it until end of next week as have sent them a message on their contact page and hopefully will have confirmation either way. It was more about how long is reasonable to give without confirmation of receipt of payment/order before I cancel the payment - this is my first time ordering direct so am a bit nervous

User avatar
hawkfuzz
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2000
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:33 pm
Location: East Coast
Contact:

Re: Experiences ordering from Folktek website?

Post by hawkfuzz » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:00 pm

If you read the paragraphs above where you purchased your modules, you’d know what to expect. Also each item has estimated wait times before you click the instruments/modules.

As mentioned, boutique companies aren’t mass produced products so expecting the same immediacy and abundance is going to disappoint you. However, you’re going to get your gear and jam away.
THUMPR BC SC

Efudd
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:06 pm

Re: Experiences ordering from Folktek website?

Post by Efudd » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:55 pm

ordered a garden from folktek a couple of weeks back- site had said they would contact me post sell. I didn't see it within a day or so, pinged them, they responded back with the confirmation.

I see them as a vendor to have a lot of patience ready for.... but they tell you up front.

User avatar
nomass
Common Wiggler
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 5:35 am
Location: DC

Re: Experiences ordering from Folktek website?

Post by nomass » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:41 am

I had no problem ordering from them, but my matter ii died and I can’t get them to respond using the contact form on their site. Will try again.

User avatar
Mikeyg3k
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:48 pm
Location: Bronx, NY

Re: Experiences ordering from Folktek website?

Post by Mikeyg3k » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:26 am

I’m sorry but I think the attitude of wait and see / be super patient is lame! (Of course this is also my approach, lol) but Does it really take that much effort for a manufacturer to check emails regularly and keep in touch? How lame and entitled that attitude is. And I don’t mean to lash out at folktek just whoever fits. I’ve had a major manufacturer leave me hanging on a legitimate issue that I ended up having to resolve with a retailer so that’s probably why I’m upset here but it’s just my opinion if You run a business it’s pretty standard You should be communicative with your patrons.

humanoid01
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:21 pm

Re: Experiences ordering from Folktek website?

Post by humanoid01 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:59 pm

Edit: just had email confirmation and payment went through - sorry guys just was worried as had the payment error.
Last edited by humanoid01 on Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ears
Common Wiggler
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:43 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Experiences ordering from Folktek website?

Post by Ears » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:24 pm

It’s basically a one person shop, plus their partner who helps with orders/email. Being summer they might be off grid camping or maybe they might be dealing with some personal emergency. I guess the question is how long can you wait before being able to tell your credit card company / paypal / etc that you didn’t get your stuff and still get your money back. And how bad do you want this vs. how anxious are you about things?

Me, I’d not panic. But I cannot speak for your level of comfort.

User avatar
hawkfuzz
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2000
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:33 pm
Location: East Coast
Contact:

Re: Experiences ordering from Folktek website?

Post by hawkfuzz » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:03 pm

Mikeyg3k wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:26 am
I’m sorry but I think the attitude of wait and see / be super patient is lame! (Of course this is also my approach, lol) but Does it really take that much effort for a manufacturer to check emails regularly and keep in touch? How lame and entitled that attitude is. And I don’t mean to lash out at folktek just whoever fits. I’ve had a major manufacturer leave me hanging on a legitimate issue that I ended up having to resolve with a retailer so that’s probably why I’m upset here but it’s just my opinion if You run a business it’s pretty standard You should be communicative with your patrons.
I bet it's harder than you think to satisfy orders and maintain business communications with parts distributors and retailers, maintain happiness, and deal with the many emails from people that ordered a product that says will take a week to ship and are wondering if it's shipped a couple days after they didn't read the words meant to filter out this behavior. Hopefully they scroll the page and read and are relieved to see that question they are asking has already been addressed and in the meantime I'm going to keep making their order since it's all made-to-order.



To OP: Glad you're getting your shit.
THUMPR BC SC

User avatar
nomass
Common Wiggler
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 5:35 am
Location: DC

Re: Experiences ordering from Folktek website?

Post by nomass » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:49 pm

Heard back about my matter ii. Guess they’re just a bit slow at the moment.
Expecting a good outcome.

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”