[RESOLVED] Don't order from Modular 8

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

Gyroscope
Wiggling with Experience

[RESOLVED] Don't order from Modular 8

Post by Gyroscope » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:14 pm

I ordered a Dual Borg from them on the 16th of July. According to the USPS website a Pre-shipment label was created on the 17th. When I noticed that USPS was still waiting for the package on the 21st of July I tried contacting Modular 8. I left two messages on the phone and many emails. I never received a reply and USPS is still waiting for the package more than 2 weeks later.

This is such a shitty move on their part. Now I've got to file a reclamation via Paypal. Is it hard to just say on your website that you're closed, to not accept payments, and to reply to messages that customers leave you?

NARC NOISE
Common Wiggler

Re: Don't order from Modular 8

Post by NARC NOISE » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:35 pm

Seconded, but on a much less serious matter.....I was looking for TipTop Audio 168 hp Z-Rails all over like a madman, and they were one of the few places that had them in stock online.....called them once a day for about a week, no response, no message about closure/change of hours (which is to be expected with all the nonsense going on right now)....ended up finding 4 sets of Z-Rails elsewhere.

starthief
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by starthief » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:43 pm

I've never dealt with them... but this post reminded me to ask Redco about an order that has had a tracking number since Monday morning but is still listed as "acceptance pending" by USPS. So, thanks for that :D

NARC NOISE
Common Wiggler

Post by NARC NOISE » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:51 pm

I've got one of those from Modular Freq, a few items I ordered weren't actually in stock, but the stuff that was in stock has been in pre shipment for about 3 days.....they have been very apologetic and great on the communication front, so I try to be understanding.

NeolithicElectrophones
Veteran Wiggler

Post by NeolithicElectrophones » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:03 pm

Yikes. thanks for the heads up. Was about to order from them. Will have to get a permutation elsewhere.

This would piss me off had I ordered and not got an update within a few days-

https://shop.modular8.com/products/now- ... l-delivery

neonmercury1
Wiggling with Experience

Post by neonmercury1 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:11 pm

I must say the guys there were always very sound and helpful peope when i would visit the shop. it sucks that your having this experience! something must be up as they are in Portland.

chachi
Veteran Wiggler

Post by chachi » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:42 pm

towards the beginning of covid, they had some posts that were condemning modular shops that were still operating as usual. they decided to sell merchandise with the understanding that it would be shipped when covid realities made it feasible to do so. that was several months ago and their instagram seems to have been quiet for awhile. i’m not sure how that ever worked out for people who did buy things or what their biz model is now. never have had business with then myself, just follow on teh intertubz.

rurs
Common Wiggler

Post by rurs » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:19 pm

That sounds very frustrating and disappointing. Must be something seriously up with their setup. I've ordered from them a couple of times, only good experiences. But they shouldn't be taking orders if they can't fulfill them.

Taylor
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Taylor » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:10 pm

I don't have any experience with this shop and can't say anything about them one way or another, but, things are really messed up with USPS right now. Everything is taking longer than usual, and I have had packages that get picked up and the tracking never updates. Customers are receiving their packages but the tracking still says "label created, awaiting pickup".

This is due in part to COVID and in part to political issues that Google can give you more info about.

forrest
Common Wiggler

Post by forrest » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:17 pm

Bad customer service is a business killer..

thetwlo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by thetwlo » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:52 pm

sucks, as far as I know, he worked at the muff wiggler store, and then made it Mod8 when that closed. If you got a shipping/tracking # I hope your're good. Of course, not an excuse for shitty customer service.

OHEXOH
Wiggling with Experience

Post by OHEXOH » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:23 am

I’d been considering visiting their store as I’m local but several calls to voicemail made me assume they’re closed. If so, then yeah they should not be taking orders. And is it that difficult to update your website? They seem like nice people but this is amateur. Sorry to hear of you’re problems and I hope you get resolution. And for when you get your money back... https://wigglehunt.com/?query=Dual+Borg ... sort=price
Gear for sale (Reverb): https://bit.ly/2Sb90oc

ricko
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ricko » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:07 am

Portland? Maybe they have been kidnapped by those secret police we see on the telly?

Sandrine
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sandrine » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:56 am

All blame should fall on the CCCP, but I digress.
As a company, we have had some bizarre shipping issues, to the US anywhere from a month to 4 days! Some orders we have shipped to EU have taken over a month, and one to Norway has been 2 months and still not arrived. No tracking (prohibitively expensive) means we have no idea where the packages are. So it's been very annoying for us too!

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ignatius » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:42 pm

Gyroscope wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:14 pm
I ordered a Dual Borg from them on the 16th of July. According to the USPS website a Pre-shipment label was created on the 17th. When I noticed that USPS was still waiting for the package on the 21st of July I tried contacting Modular 8. I left two messages on the phone and many emails. I never received a reply and USPS is still waiting for the package more than 2 weeks later.

This is such a shitty move on their part. Now I've got to file a reclamation via Paypal. Is it hard to just say on your website that you're closed, to not accept payments, and to reply to messages that customers leave you?
i just saw this post. I spoke to phillip, the owner. He said he shipped it out long ago. USPS must have messed up. Phillip is the only person handling the shop since the pandemic lockdown. I guess he missed your attempts to contact the shop. He had surgery on the 21st so that could be part of it. Still, it sucks this happened.

Anyway.. I made him aware you haven't received your dual borg. He's going to follow up w/USPS on monday to see what happened. He's not on the forum here which is why i'm chiming in.

He's been shipping orders out pretty much daily and local orders he's just driving to the person's address and delivering.

Somehow you fell through the cracks which is not your fault obviously.

edit: just got a text from him and he said he'll just refund your money. He'll still follow up w/USPS to see what happened. Your order may show up eventually even after you get refunded. You should get a refund notice about your order soon.

3pand
Common Wiggler

Post by 3pand » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:58 pm

Makes sense that it's a USPS issue. I've also had really strange discrepancies between tracking info online and "reality" lately. Glad you got a refund but I wouldn't be surprised if the module shows up with no notice from USPS.

hinterlands303
Ultra Wiggler

Post by hinterlands303 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:16 pm

Maybe change the thread title to “shipping is a total crapshoot right now; we’re all just crossing our fingers and hoping for the best.”

I’ve received a number of items that USPS said never even shipped. FedEx in Detroit had a 2+ week backlog with items just sitting in trucks waiting to be unpacked. FedEx also marked items as delivered that definitely weren’t, and that then showed up two days later. I’ve even seen the USPS truck delivering packages on a Sunday in my neighborhood so it isn’t like they aren’t trying.

Basically, if there’s a problem with shipping right now it probably isn’t the retailer’s fault.

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ignatius » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:19 pm

also worth mentioning that this could just be sitting in customs. it hasn't been that long for an international shipment even on the same continent.

the situation w/USPS tracking system can be a bit weird sometimes where it doesn't update until after the package is delivered. I've had it say "a shipping label has been created but USPS has not received the package" for a week then one day i check it and it says "package delivered" and there's no updates in between those two states.

Gyroscope
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Gyroscope » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:22 pm

ignatius wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:42 pm
Gyroscope wrote:

i just saw this post. I spoke to phillip, the owner. He said he shipped it out long ago. USPS must have messed up. Phillip is the only person handling the shop since the pandemic lockdown. I guess he missed your attempts to contact the shop. He had surgery on the 21st so that could be part of it. Still, it sucks this happened.

Anyway.. I made him aware you haven't received your dual borg. He's going to follow up w/USPS on monday to see what happened. He's not on the forum here which is why i'm chiming in.

He's been shipping orders out pretty much daily and local orders he's just driving to the person's address and delivering.

edit: just got a text from him and he said he'll just refund your money. He'll still follow up w/USPS to see what happened. Your order may show up eventually even after you get refunded. You should get a refund notice about your order soon.
Thanks a lot for notifying him man! I just talked to Phillip and he refunded me. Seems like this was just an anomaly and more of a problem with USPS.

You can all order safely from Modular 8. Can the mods please delete this thread?

Gyroscope
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Gyroscope » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:24 pm

ignatius wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:19 pm
also worth mentioning that this could just be sitting in customs. it hasn't been that long for an international shipment even on the same continent.

the situation w/USPS tracking system can be a bit weird sometimes where it doesn't update until after the package is delivered. I've had it say "a shipping label has been created but USPS has not received the package" for a week then one day i check it and it says "package delivered" and there's no updates in between those two states.
If I receive the module in the coming weeks I'll be sure to send it back to you guys. When I didn't receive replies to my emails and phone calls after 10 days I ordered it elsewhere sadly.

uniquepersonno2
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by uniquepersonno2 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:26 pm

Gyroscope wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:22 pm
ignatius wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:42 pm
Gyroscope wrote:

Thanks a lot for notifying him man! I just talked to Phillip and he refunded me. Seems like this was just an anomaly and more of a problem with USPS.

You can all order safely from Modular 8. Can the mods please delete this thread?
You can rename it in the meantime.
It's done!
...probably! Ahhh, who am I kidding...

Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:33 pm

(EDIT: It seems I was typing/proofing this post while someone got to it faster than I did.)

So now that it's been determined the vendor is not at fault, it is time the name of this thread be changed. Having been in similar shoes as the person operating Modular8 (owner?) I know how damaging threads like this can be to a well earned good reputation. To be very honest, I was surprised to read as much immediate condemnation of M8 in this thread as I did without ever hearing/knowing at least 50% of the issue.

Portland has some very serious problems (if my brick/mortar business were fuddup like some of them have been I'd sue the living shit out of anyone that was within range .. mayor, governor, etc. .. a family member of mine just moved away after their vehicle was torched ... collateral damage it seems .. wrong place, wrong time), and there's a pandemic marching across the planet over and over. I understand that being left in the dark when money has been exchanged is deeply troubling. But hanging the poor bastard before any information was discovered ... bad form from some folks.

The title of this thread is unfair. Since we're all supposed to be more understanding of the other person's plight these days, in the spirit of that notion the name of this thread should be changed.
5U MODULAR NORMALIZING PROJECT (for your entertainment) viewtopic.php?t=78836&highlight=
.. given the choice between conformity and self respect, I choose the latter.
.. dominion - noun: control or the exercise of control .. power .. possessed and controlled domain .. sovereignty .. having dominion over the world .. supreme authority .. absolute ownership .. power .. authority .. jurisdiction .. control .. command .. power. (Websters).

EATyourGUITAR
has no life

Post by EATyourGUITAR » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:57 pm

ignatius wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:19 pm

This actually happens when they don't have the capacity to do the extra work. This is standard practice when there a lot of packages all late but not a lot of staff. You can read about it online. Verified.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

trickness
Veteran Wiggler

Post by trickness » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:01 pm

I totally get that Portland is messed up, and that the Postal Service is being intentionally hobbled and is dropping the ball on all sorts of shipments. I shipped some records from New York City to Brooklyn and it took 15 days for them to arrive.

What I don’t get is somebody not responding to phone calls and multiple emails. That’s just not cricket if you are a business and you are taking people’s money for products. If anybody is out of order, it’s definitely not the person complaining that multiple attempts to contact a retailer were ignored. The Postal Service doesn’t control email delivery.

Eurocat
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Eurocat » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:35 pm

USPS is a mess lately. I hope they go out of business soon. Unreliable shits.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”