Dfam with MI Grids?

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

Seawolf38
Learning to Wiggle

Dfam with MI Grids?

Post by Seawolf38 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:28 pm

Can anyone tell me if Moog Dfam pairs well with Mutable instruments Grids? Can they even work together?

Super noob here and to eurorack. Just looking for a little help.

Antlerface
Common Wiggler

Re: Dfam with MI Grids?

Post by Antlerface » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:53 pm

They can work together! You can definitely do some cool shit with two channels of grids into the DFAM, specifically into the trigger and sequence advance input. I use 2 channels of Marbles with my DFAM a lot. If they're your only two modules, they won't be for long. You are gonna wanna get some spicy modulation options for variety.... maybe some effects, VCA, mults, logic, sound sources....
doomlove.

My Eurorack

Seawolf38
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Seawolf38 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:17 pm

Thank you for your response.

New to all this and I am ecstatic about all the possibilities.

Coldfuzion
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Coldfuzion » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:24 am

Antlerface wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:53 pm
They can work together! You can definitely do some cool shit with two channels of grids into the DFAM, specifically into the trigger and sequence advance input. I use 2 channels of Marbles with my DFAM a lot. If they're your only two modules, they won't be for long. You are gonna wanna get some spicy modulation options for variety.... maybe some effects, VCA, mults, logic, sound sources....
New to modular as well! What do you typically patch the marbles into in the DFAM?

Antlerface
Common Wiggler

Post by Antlerface » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:12 pm

The trigger outs from Marbles go to the advance input and trigger inputs on DFAM. Clock out from DFAM to Marbles rate input so they’re nicely synced up. The cv outputs from Marbles can go wherever they work best on the DFAM. Get some pretty interesting stuff this way.
doomlove.

My Eurorack

Coldfuzion
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Coldfuzion » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:08 pm

Antlerface wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:12 pm
The trigger outs from Marbles go to the advance input and trigger inputs on DFAM. Clock out from DFAM to Marbles rate input so they’re nicely synced up. The cv outputs from Marbles can go wherever they work best on the DFAM. Get some pretty interesting stuff this way.
Thank you for the insight brotha! I understand it going into the advance clock input but why the trigger input as well?

Antlerface
Common Wiggler

Post by Antlerface » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:20 pm

You can trigger the same step multiple times without advancing the sequence. I usually send a faster clock to trigger and adjust individual steps to get cool rhythms going. The slower trigger out to advance means the same step will repeat a couple times before the sequencer moves onto the next set of values.
doomlove.

My Eurorack

Return to “Eurorack Modules”