Faulty WMD DVCA?

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, lisa, Joe.

bronzebygold
Learning to Wiggle

Faulty WMD DVCA?

Post by bronzebygold » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:13 am

I just bought a used WMD DVCA, and it's very noisy when set to the INST setting (so when the ZCD is turned off). By noisy I mean not just the attack clicks but also a bit crackly. With ZCD turned on it's quiet and usable for audio, but the INST setting is pretty much only useable for modulating CV. Is this normal with the WMD DVCA, or do I have a faulty unit?

WMDevices
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Faulty WMD DVCA?

Post by WMDevices » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:20 pm

bronzebygold wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:13 am
I just bought a used WMD DVCA, and it's very noisy when set to the INST setting (so when the ZCD is turned off). By noisy I mean not just the attack clicks but also a bit crackly. With ZCD turned on it's quiet and usable for audio, but the INST setting is pretty much only useable for modulating CV. Is this normal with the WMD DVCA, or do I have a faulty unit?
Did you Contact Us? You'll receive better customer service by talking to us directly than by posting on the forum...

It sounds like a strange problem, but could be the type of signals you're using. If you could reach out to us and submit a video detailing what signals you're using, we can help diagnose the issue.

The INST setting will cause discontinuities (small steps) if you're modulating quickly, which could be crackly depending on your source material and amplitude levels.
Check out the growing number of WMD Demo Videos | WMD Website

Return to “Eurorack Modules”