Synthcube

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

djd_oz
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Synthcube

Post by djd_oz » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:29 pm

Thanks all for your updates, it seems like they have been responding to messages and emails ... just not mine. :(

appliancide
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by appliancide » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:24 pm

Did you check your spam folder to make sure there was nothing there? They will come through for you.

Phitar
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Phitar » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:47 pm

Try that Online "contact us" form on their website.... They are there. They are working. And I'm pretty sure they want an appreciate your business.
At the Enrichment Center we promise never to value your safety above your unique ideas and creativity. - Portal

Never bring a spork to a gunfight. - Guns Akimbo

djd_oz
Veteran Wiggler

Post by djd_oz » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:32 am

Yes, I have checked my spam folder.

I've tried the below,

1) Their contact form
2) The "Leave a message" chat box
3) Facebook message

It would be nice if they just respond saying that there is a delay due to xxxxxx or whatever.

I'll try again later this week.

Muff McMuff
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Muff McMuff » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:00 am

Many times you can achieve more with a few minutes talking on the phone than weeks or emails back and forth. Just call them.

djd_oz
Veteran Wiggler

Post by djd_oz » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:42 pm

I’m on the other side of the world, timezone difference makes it a little bit difficult.

I've just sent them another message. There is not really any back and forth emails, it's quite simple .... I've put in an order on the 20 Sept and paid for it, the order is still in the processing stage and I'd just like to get an update on it.

Kevin Mitchell
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Kevin Mitchell » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:55 pm

I'm not one to bash, especially when folks are making a living on this stuff. But you'll learn. Your sale matters, the rest is an inconvenience for them.

I hope to see them live up to the expectations we set - it can certainly be a high bar. But it seems to be a hit or miss depending on how important you are for the pursuit of their business as experiences differ. Just hope you're not expendable or you'll have to kick and scream to set things right.

From experience...
-KM
Last edited by Kevin Mitchell on Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deftinwulf
Wiggling with Experience

Post by deftinwulf » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:16 pm

Muff McMuff wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:00 am
Many times you can achieve more with a few minutes talking on the phone than weeks or emails back and forth. Just call them.
Hah! I admire your optimism. From my experience, when you call, no one answers, and the voice mailbox is full.

But yes, OP should still try. Maybe he'll get lucky. :cloud:

Funky40
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Funky40 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:49 am

"synthcube" was just active in the dual Teezer thread.
worth a try to contact them here ?

djd_oz
Veteran Wiggler

Post by djd_oz » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:01 pm

Thanks Funky40, I've sent him a private message.

djd_oz
Veteran Wiggler

Post by djd_oz » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:08 pm

Yay! Got a response today ... they are just waiting for one part to be able to send it out.

Naenyn
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Naenyn » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:52 am

Got my Synthcube order today. It showed up a couple days early, according to the USPS. Only thing I can complain about is how they printed the shipping label on Monday but didn’t actually ship until Wednesday. My compulsive tracking number lookup kept showing it awaiting pickup. =)

So, Synthcube seems like a winner to me!
-n :ninja:

My racks on ModularGrid
Find me on MuffWiggler's Discord

Midiot
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Midiot » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:43 pm

I want to like SynthCube, I really do.

My last order was re-routed back to them (coast to coast) because they did not have my complete address on the shipping label. The package got within a mile of me, but was sent back east.
I'm really not sure how this happened because it was through PayPal....and they provide the full address. I do not have partial addresses at Paypal. I don't think anyone does.
Upon request, I sent SynthCube my full address in an email and it took twice the amount of time it should have, to arrive.
It finally arrived. I left phone messages during this time, but none were answered or returned.

Now, I ordered more stuff from them..... and silly me, I did not remind to them that they may possess and re-use a faulty address of mine. I really did not think I would need to remind them of their previous error, considering I corrected it once they asked for a correction...... but I will take partial blame for not being totally thorough or due-diligence....and for me not being aware that the same mistake could happen twice. I think I'm being fairly reasonable here......
But you would think they would have noted or updated (corrected) the error.... (or suggested that I independently fix it, myself).

So I think it has happened again.......that the package is "undeliverable", and will be sent back accross the US to Synthcube.....only to be eventuality-sent back to me in Los Angeles.
Maybe this time they will enter the full address into their system....instead of leaving the bad address for future mishaps.....or just ask me to do it.
Last edited by Midiot on Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:41 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"We'll be living in all the oceans now."
(type of music I make.... drone atmospheres, deep late-night beats.)

Midiot
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Midiot » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:02 pm

Funky40 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:49 am
"synthcube" was just active in the dual Teezer thread.
worth a try to contact them here ?
Either they respond to customer's inquiries, or they dont.
You should not have to hunt them down based on their last known human contact.

Midiot
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Midiot » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:48 pm

deleted
Last edited by Midiot on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Midiot
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Midiot » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:15 am

deleted
Last edited by Midiot on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

NeolithicElectrophones
Wiggling with Experience

Post by NeolithicElectrophones » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:24 am

Hopefully all is good over there since you never know with small businesses right now. Totally with you Midiot on the undeliverable situation. A quick note and five minute rectification saves money and stress all around. I once got a handwritten note, but no email notification on an out of stock product. Then no notification on the next. Same issue although small, seems like something that could be handled with a quick note. Modular addict has been stellar in that regard, and with posting BOMs. Love both, but will always go with MA if I can.

Phitar
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Phitar » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:51 am

Midiot wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:02 pm
Either they respond to customer's inquiries, or they dont.
You should not have to hunt them down based on their last known human contact.
Agree with that! That goes for any seller of any product not just Synthcube. Either with sales or support, keeping open lines of communication can make or break a business. Overall there is not one company in the synth DIY market that I have not have had some sort of issue or question about an order. The ones I tend to give my business to the most are the ones that quickly respond to my questions and problems. Everyone else moves farther down on my preferred sellers list.
At the Enrichment Center we promise never to value your safety above your unique ideas and creativity. - Portal

Never bring a spork to a gunfight. - Guns Akimbo

Midiot
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Midiot » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:19 pm

I
Last edited by Midiot on Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

DruidTek
Wiggling with Experience

Post by DruidTek » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:55 pm

I've had several dealings with them that unfortunately weren't good, mainly to do with them ghosting me after placing large orders that I spent many days putting together and totally wasting my time.
It's a shame because they seemed nice enough and I don't think they intentionally set out to screw me over, but they did it twice and it was completely unprofessional and so I won't deal with them again.

Kattefjaes
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Kattefjaes » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:03 am

djd_oz wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:32 am
Yes, I have checked my spam folder.

I've tried the below,

1) Their contact form
2) The "Leave a message" chat box
3) Facebook message

It would be nice if they just respond saying that there is a delay due to xxxxxx or whatever.

I'll try again later this week.
I found that they tended to ignore all communication until I started mentioning chargebacks. Might work.

Midiot
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Midiot » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:51 am

I think Synthcube needs a hired and interested shipping employee ??.....
I mean..... by now, if it were my company, someone would have been on-line, and apologizing or simply correcting the mistake.
How much you wanna bet SynthCube has no idea about my comments here, or when I'm typing this.... aka tonite ?
Let's wait...
... two hours.....
....two days ?
:sstorm:

joem
Ultra Wiggler

Post by joem » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:15 pm

Midiot wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:43 pm
I want to like SynthCube, I really do.

My last order was re-routed back to them (coast to coast) because they did not have my complete address on the shipping label. The package got within a mile of me, but was sent back east.
I'm really not sure how this happened because it was through PayPal....and they provide the full address. I do not have partial addresses at Paypal. I don't think anyone does.
Upon request, I sent SynthCube my full address in an email and it took twice the amount of time it should have, to arrive.
It finally arrived. I left phone messages during this time, but none were answered or returned.

Now, I ordered more stuff from them..... and silly me, I did not remind to them that they may possess and re-use a faulty address of mine. I really did not think I would need to remind them of their previous error, considering I corrected it once they asked for a correction...... but I will take partial blame for not being totally thorough or due-diligence....and for me not being aware that the same mistake could happen twice. I think I'm being fairly reasonable here......
But you would think they would have noted or updated (corrected) the error.... (or suggested that I independently fix it, myself).

So I think it has happened again.......that the package is "undeliverable", and will be sent back accross the US to Synthcube.....only to be eventuality-sent back to me in Los Angeles.
Maybe this time they will enter the full address into their system....instead of leaving the bad address for future mishaps.....or just ask me to do it.
Part of my day job involves shipping things to customers every day, and from what you've described I'd guess that since this has happened multiple times, your address in paypal may be formatted in such a way that Synthcube's shipping software isn't interpreting it the way you want. Some shipping software very strictly adheres to USPS/UPS address specifications (or sometimes even stricter standards than USPS/UPS!) and deletes everything that isn't strictly up to spec, even if a human can always understand it. I've gotten to know most of the address-verification-and-reformatting quirks of the shipping software I use so I know what to look for, but still every now and then an address that makes sense to my eyes trips the software up.

Further, as far as noting or correcting your address based on a past order, unless they're using some sort of CMS/CRM software that includes such a feature (and I doubt they are - most small retailers don't), identifying such a repeated issue probably isn't part of their workflow, especially since the address is coming from either you or paypal each time. It might be worth you diving into USPS Publication 28 to see how strictly your paypal address follows the standard, and adjust accordingly if necessary.

(Please note I'm not saying you're to blame. If your paypal address is formatted validly, it's still on them even if it's something their shipping software is doing automatically. I just wanted to point out a possible (and IMO likely) explanation for why you're experiencing this.)

Kevin Mitchell
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Kevin Mitchell » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:42 am

As a shipping and building manager for a small company who also covers reception and AR, I understand how frustrating things can be. Both as a seller and consumer.

They leave such an impression in the DIY and repair community that we set a standard that isn't always met. More so now with an increase of folks being homebound and an inevitable increase of sales. I'm under the impression their focus in more geared towards pushing sales rather than accommodating the community they impress. I've been to their shop. I think they are a necessity for folks like us and anyone in the synth repair business. One thing I had learned the hard way is they do not have your best interest in mind, only their own.

Here's a list of my findings;
-Sends kits that are missing parts or has parts that aren't appropriate and neglects inquiries on their mistakes.
-Sells "partial kits" for things that require matched transistors and resistors. They don't match them, nor do they give you enough to sort through it yourself.
-Makes posts about kits being ready when they really aren't.
-Starts threads showing off someone else's unfinished one-of-a-kind project not knowing if they can even produce anything for it.
-Has an open house event and the majority of the stuff on display is unfinished or nonfunctional.

Sadly there's not many places to turn for the products they offer. So we take what we can get - and they know we are at their mercy.

My personal thoughts and experiences... I don't mean to be cynical. Just frustrated at what I see and them not being upfront about it.
-KM

djd_oz
Veteran Wiggler

Post by djd_oz » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:43 pm

^ Damn! I wish I read the above post before purchasing my kits which are on the way, especially for items 1 and 2 above. :(

Return to “Eurorack Modules”