Something wicked this way comes

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, Kent, Joe.

Malekko
:super awesome ninja:

Post by Malekko » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:59 pm

Yeah, it sure would be awesome if this thing would come out....sadly, its not in our hands..it's STILL in Phil's. I'm not sure what good it will do but I think he checks him PMs if anyone wants to bug him about it.
parasitk wrote:There are a lot of talented synth designers here, but I'm sorry to say that none of them invented the triangle.

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ignatius » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:48 am

Malekko wrote:Yeah, it sure would be awesome if this thing would come out....sadly, its not in our hands..it's STILL in Phil's. I'm not sure what good it will do but I think he checks him PMs if anyone wants to bug him about it.
done :mrgreen:

wavehead
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by wavehead » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:33 am

if this isn't just a simple MIA, dead project - i hope the extra time really was used to perfect the design and get it absolutely right. that's never a bad reason to delay finishing something... whether it's 5 months or 5 years.

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ignatius » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:51 pm

keeping this alive.. and poking its head up now and then.

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ignatius » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:06 pm

another month. still longing exists in my modular loins

iamgoldman
One Bad Poster

Post by iamgoldman » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:59 pm

Whoa

cellm8
Common Wiggler

Post by cellm8 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:56 am

Sounds like it would create an instant score for any 1950's sci-fi flick. Awesome :sb:

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ignatius » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:48 pm

the demos all sounds smooth and beautiful.. it's like a counterpoint to all the complex wavetable oscillators that are kinda harsh at times.. but also awesome...

this triple oscillator dealy would offer me a lot in the way tones

Malekko
:super awesome ninja:

Post by Malekko » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:32 am

It would have been real nice if Phil would have finished this, even though we paid for it's development, i have lost all faith that we'll ever see it.
parasitk wrote:There are a lot of talented synth designers here, but I'm sorry to say that none of them invented the triangle.

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ignatius » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:33 am

Malekko wrote:It would have been real nice if Phil would have finished this, even though we paid for it's development, i have lost all faith that we'll ever see it.
:bang: :sadbanana: :sadbanana: :sadbanana: :sadbanana: :sadbanana: :sadbanana: :sadbanana: :sadbanana: :sadbanana: :sadbanana: :sadbanana: :sadbanana: :sadbanana: :sadbanana: :sadbanana: :sadbanana: :sadbanana: :sadbanana: :sadbanana: :sadbanana: :sadbanana: :sadbanana: :sadbanana: :sadbanana: :sadbanana: :sadbanana: :sadbanana: :sadbanana: :sadbanana: :sadbanana:

i'm going to find a way to steal the prototype.

Waz
Wiggling with Scurvy

Post by Waz » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:47 am

sandyb wrote:hmm.

sounds sort of like a resonating delay with a v/oct input.

i hope :hyper:
I didn't buy a delay module for 2 years waiting for this thing. I should get one at a discount... :hihi:

richard
bananaphile

Post by richard » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:05 am

Shame. This was the complex VCO I was waiting for ever since Peter G. first showed the prototype at NAMM (or wherever that video was from)
Bastard Science Vol.1 and 2 (Hordik, Buchla, Serge, EMS, Oberheim) https://soundanatomy.bandcamp.com/album ... ence-vol-1
https://soundanatomy.bandcamp.com/album ... ence-vol-2

Tales from the Voodoo Box (EMS Synthi A solos) https://soundanatomy.bandcamp.com/album ... ynthesiser

Richard Scott - Several Circles https://cuspeditions.bandcamp.com/album ... al-circles

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ignatius » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:47 pm

richard wrote:Shame. This was the complex VCO I was waiting for ever since Peter G. first showed the prototype at NAMM (or wherever that video was from)
yeah.. ever since he posted the demos of this prototype i've been in love w/it.. the sounds coming out of it are just right...

wavehead
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by wavehead » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:21 am

this is so stupid... someone else should just finish it for him (josh). phil has probably done 95% of the work already if not all of it. unless he disappeared?

this thing really does sound SO good in the demos... would be interested to know more about how it was programmed and why it sounds so much smoother than you would expect.

it's like a director shooting a movie, releasing a (good) trailer and then deciding not to give the studio a master reel (without the getting sued part).

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ignatius » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:40 pm

wavehead wrote:this is so stupid... someone else should just finish it for him (josh). phil has probably done 95% of the work already if not all of it. unless he disappeared?

this thing really does sound SO good in the demos... would be interested to know more about how it was programmed and why it sounds so much smoother than you would expect.

it's like a director shooting a movie, releasing a (good) trailer and then deciding not to give the studio a master reel (without the getting sued part).
it's my understanding that all is left is lot's of code and finalizing the various modes of operation.. interactions etc.. i think there's only 1 prototype.

perhaps "feature creep" is the thing that slowed things down? but per phil's previous posts and a message or two there are also just normal life things and other work to contend with and making a living and all that...

but it sounds like there's been substantial investment of time and money from all parties involved... i hate the idea of it getting moth-balled. it sounds so good and it's black.

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ignatius » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:23 pm

another complex oscillator announced today.. from cylonix/intellijel...

and still.. there is room for this complex oscillator in the world.. nothing else sounds like it.. all the complex oscillators out there are wavetable based or built around the idea of FM + waveshaper and buchla tribute.. aside from the hertz donut anyways...

so, yeah.. this malekko/Phil triple osc system would offer something very different.. clean, pretty, smooth, sultry.. all that.. we need it.. i still hope it happens.. or that i can put some kind of oceans 11 thing in play and get ahold of the prototype. :guinness:

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ignatius » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:32 am

and a month later here's a bump.. just in time for the pre-order of the sub com vampire. nice to see something from phil out in the euro world.

any news on the the triple osc system? a long shot but i still hope

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ignatius » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:34 am

wavehead wrote:this is so stupid... someone else should just finish it for him (josh). phil has probably done 95% of the work already if not all of it. unless he disappeared?

from the previous page
Malekko wrote:It would have been real nice if Phil would have finished this, even though we paid for it's development, i have lost all faith that we'll ever see it.

iamgoldman
One Bad Poster

Post by iamgoldman » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:24 am

ignatius wrote:i still hope

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ignatius » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:13 am

iamgoldman wrote:
piling it on. hope on top of hope.

iamgoldman
One Bad Poster

Post by iamgoldman » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:47 am

ignatius wrote:
iamgoldman wrote:
Before you know it we make a hope sandwich.

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ignatius » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:51 am

iamgoldman wrote:
ignatius wrote:
iamgoldman wrote:
Before you know it we make a hope sandwich.
the bread is going stale waiting for the meat to make the hope sandwich

J3RK
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by J3RK » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:48 pm

Uhhh... wild dingos just ran off with the meat... :woah:
Are you lemon? Does your head come to a nub?

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ignatius » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:26 pm

J3RK wrote:Uhhh... wild dingos just ran off with the meat... :woah:
can we shoot dingos?

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ignatius » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:38 am

Return to “Eurorack Modules”