What's up with Pittsburgh?

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

Fog Door
Veteran Wiggler

Re: What's up with Pittsburgh?

Post by Fog Door » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:37 pm

Although I can’t say for sure, I think they are discontinuing several modules. I emailed them about the dynamic impulse filter a month ago and they are apparently not producing it anymore. Primary oscillator may have met the same fate. The good news is that if you email them, they are very quick and courteous.
I made an almost identical enquiry, disappointing news about the Dynamic Impulse Filter, happily the Lifeforms Primary Oscillator is not being discontinued. They have told me that all new Pittsburgh Modular modules will have the new redesigned black panels. I suppose that move is the reason why stocks have been running down. They also told me that they plan to ship initial quantities of the black panel Lifeforms Primary Oscillator with a spare silver/grey panel as they have surplus stock, but I wouldn't take that as guaranteed.

Prunesquallor
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Prunesquallor » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:37 pm

Pagoda-100 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:10 pm
Noisebug looks to have stock of the DDN.
https://www.noisebug.net/products/pitts ... 98b7&_ss=r

Prunesquallor wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:48 am
I love the sound and philosophy of Pittsburgh, but they're also incredibly frustrating for me. Everything seems to be built on limited runs, and very little makes it over to Europe. I wanted one of those cascading delays, but apparently only 100 were made and I can't get hold of one for love nor money. I bailed on the Voltage Lab Mk 1 for financial reasons; I'm definitely getting Mk 2.
:party:
If at first you don't succeed read the instruction manual.

RIP Ziggy, the companion in my avatar.

Schrank
Common Wiggler

Post by Schrank » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:53 pm

BlinkyLights wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:32 pm
indigoid wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:26 pm
they certainly seem to have a thing for analog delays. Super excited about my Local Florist arriving!

(has anyone else in Euro made that many different analog delay modules? Analog Delay, Analog Replicator, the new Analog Delay from the VRL (and its separate-module form), the Cascading Delay Network, Local Florist, ... did I miss any?)
Their newer delay and the cascading network are in fact digital (PT2399 based), fwiw.

Local Florist is back to BBDs, though, I believe.
The newer delay (analog delay unit) is BBD.

BlinkyLights
Veteran Wiggler

Post by BlinkyLights » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:15 pm

Schrank wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:53 pm
BlinkyLights wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:32 pm
indigoid wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:26 pm
they certainly seem to have a thing for analog delays. Super excited about my Local Florist arriving!

(has anyone else in Euro made that many different analog delay modules? Analog Delay, Analog Replicator, the new Analog Delay from the VRL (and its separate-module form), the Cascading Delay Network, Local Florist, ... did I miss any?)
Their newer delay and the cascading network are in fact digital (PT2399 based), fwiw.

Local Florist is back to BBDs, though, I believe.
The newer delay (analog delay unit) is BBD.
It sure is, my mistake.

Just the Cascading one is PT2399s.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”