ALM - Jumble Henge

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

trickness
Veteran Wiggler

Re: ALM - Jumble Henge

Post by trickness » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:23 pm

Does anybody have this module yet and can comment on the sound quality? My one issue with the Tangle Quartet is that it sounds a bit anemic. Wondering how the Jumble sounds as an (almost) final output stage?

Rosa
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Rosa » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:58 am

Dark Barn wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:39 pm
Would be more enticing if we can get a 2hp expander for Squid Salmple adding 4 outputs for individual routing. :hyper:
better 3hp? :despair:

Noi del Prat
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Noi del Prat » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:47 am

trickness wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:23 pm
Does anybody have this module yet and can comment on the sound quality? My one issue with the Tangle Quartet is that it sounds a bit anemic. Wondering how the Jumble sounds as an (almost) final output stage?
I've been using it for a week and I'm very happy, so far.
This is a little clip recorded into the phone through a roland go mixer interface.
In the video, I mult the mono audio from the pocket operator, send them through multiple vca's with cv modulation and mix in the jumble henge.
The output of the jumble henge goes into a fx aid (stereo tape delay) and from there, to the audio interface.

Whatisvalis
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Whatisvalis » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:46 pm

How close is this to the Soundstage? Does it use the same components?

1n
Veteran Wiggler

Post by 1n » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:10 pm

Simple to use, effective, good quality with the sounds I put through it.

plainjanefrancis
Common Wiggler

Post by plainjanefrancis » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:36 pm

Dark Barn wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:39 pm
Would be more enticing if we can get a 2hp expander for Squid Salmple adding 4 outputs for individual routing. :hyper:
what would be cool is if it could link to the jumble henge from the back via i2c. that way you'd. be able to choose where each of the 8 channels are routed via the menu system of squid.

nsolarz
Common Wiggler

Post by nsolarz » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:12 pm

got my 2x Henge today, one for the drum mixing on my main case, and the other for my Palette. only messed with it a bit, but really happy with it so far. My immediate first oppinion is that the mix knob is subtler than I was expecting, but it does what you want and acts a lazy-man's EQ. overall very happy with it so far, can't wait to throw more into the mix (pun intended)

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:39 pm

Any ideas on how to utilize the pair of external inputs as a send/return? There must be a good way without too much feedback.
All rights reserved; all wrongs reversed.

Stab Frenzy
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Stab Frenzy » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:49 pm

Paranormal Patroler wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:39 pm
Any ideas on how to utilize the pair of external inputs as a send/return? There must be a good way without too much feedback.
You can use them as an fx return, but if you’re feeding that fx unit with the outputs you’re creating a feedback loop.

vidret
Common Wiggler

Post by vidret » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:06 am

nsolarz wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:12 pm
got my 2x Henge today, one for the drum mixing on my main case, and the other for my Palette. only messed with it a bit, but really happy with it so far. My immediate first oppinion is that the mix knob is subtler than I was expecting, but it does what you want and acts a lazy-man's EQ. overall very happy with it so far, can't wait to throw more into the mix (pun intended)

any comments on the filters on this vs the soundstage?

nsolarz
Common Wiggler

Post by nsolarz » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:12 am

vidret wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:06 am
nsolarz wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:12 pm

any comments on the filters on this vs the soundstage?
Sorry, never owned a soundstage so I cannot compare

vidret
Common Wiggler

Post by vidret » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:56 am

my question was aimed at anyone in the know, related to you saying the mix knob was subtler than you were expecting!

anyone?

Whatisvalis
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Whatisvalis » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:31 am

The mix knob on the SoundStage is also pretty subtle up to around 11 o clock- I would imagine they are similar - I can't afford to be the one to test this right now, but I probably will swap my Soundstage out for the space saving in the near future.

Bignorthumbrian
Common Wiggler

Post by Bignorthumbrian » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:17 pm

Mine arrived today, it’s very transparent, the mix knob is very musical and usable throughout the range.

For this clip I put sounds through a sequential switch into different inputs. Very pleased. I thought about the Worng Sound Stage, but I can live with lack of cv control and the extra stereo input is very handy. One step closer to selling my Mackie....
here hare here!

Return to “Eurorack Modules”