Intelljel Metropolix

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

bobbylandry
Common Wiggler

Re: Intelljel Metropolix

Post by bobbylandry » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:17 pm

Raindeer wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:17 pm
exper wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:14 pm
slamcityjam wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:08 pm
So I'm thinking about getting a Metropolix and putting in a Pod to control my 6U rack, as a "desktop sequencer". Are there any downsides to having your dedicated sequencer outside your main rig, other than longer cable runs/messier?
Not at all other than the extra space. I keep my Five12 Vector in a separate case, since that run external midi gear as well as eurorack, plus I use a launchpad with it, so it makes sense to be a separate space.
Are you somehow using a Launchpad with your Eurorack? I’m about to sell one but before I do... have half an idea to try this.
The Launchpad can work as a controller for the Five12 I'm pretty sure. I use it with their Numerology software so I imagine he has it implemented with the hardware sequencer.

Mr. Wiggles

Post by Mr. Wiggles » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:19 pm

Raindeer wrote:
exper wrote:
slamcityjam wrote:
So I'm thinking about getting a Metropolix and putting in a Pod to control my 6U rack, as a "desktop sequencer". Are there any downsides to having your dedicated sequencer outside your main rig, other than longer cable runs/messier?
Not at all other than the extra space. I keep my Five12 Vector in a separate case, since that run external midi gear as well as eurorack, plus I use a launchpad with it, so it makes sense to be a separate space.
Are you somehow using a Launchpad with your Eurorack? I’m about to sell one but before I do... have half an idea to try this.
Vector natively supports Launchpad (in the beta firmware).

analogbrainsurgeon
Learning to Wiggle

Post by analogbrainsurgeon » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:38 pm

Raindeer wrote:
exper wrote:
slamcityjam wrote:
Nerdseq has Launchpad integration.

scottmfr
Common Wiggler

Post by scottmfr » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:53 pm

Intellijel has posted a new Beta firmware on their forum here: https://forum.intellijel.com/t/metropol ... -beta/3355

cinnatoastg
Wiggling with Experience

Post by cinnatoastg » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:23 pm

All melodic sequencing is Metropolix.

Back Down the Path
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Back Down the Path » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:53 am

cinnatoastg wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:23 pm

Nice work. I need to get some trilly pulses going like that tonight.

tdallas
Wiggling with Experience

Post by tdallas » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:05 pm

cinnatoastg wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:23 pm

[the video]
Oh my ... your pieces are great :deadbanana: How do you sequence your drums - for example from this one?

cinnatoastg
Wiggling with Experience

Post by cinnatoastg » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:39 pm

tdallas wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:05 pm
Oh my ... your pieces are great :deadbanana: How do you sequence your drums - for example from this one?
Thank you!

That one specifically was mito being sequenced by voltage block. But it’s usually either mito, VG4+, or occasionally PNW.

tdallas
Wiggling with Experience

Post by tdallas » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:42 pm

cinnatoastg wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:39 pm
That one specifically was mito being sequenced by voltage block.
Hm, that combination looks/sounds sexy :-) unfortunately the MITO seems to be discontinued?! Anyway ... thanks for the details and sorry for derailing the thread a little bit.

Back Down the Path
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Back Down the Path » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:38 pm

tdallas wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:42 pm
cinnatoastg wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:39 pm
That one specifically was mito being sequenced by voltage block.
Hm, that combination looks/sounds sexy :-) unfortunately the MITO seems to be discontinued?! Anyway ... thanks for the details and sorry for derailing the thread a little bit.
I was wondering the same thing. Too much satisfying swing and glitch to be euro drums...

I also looked at the MITO :goo:

tdallas
Wiggling with Experience

Post by tdallas » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:04 pm

Back Down the Path wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:38 pm
I was wondering the same thing. Too much satisfying swing and glitch to be euro drums...

I also looked at the MITO :goo:
Someone has bumped the MITO thread, maybe there is hope for us ;-) -> viewtopic.php?f=16&t=189608

AMillionMonkeys
Common Wiggler

Post by AMillionMonkeys » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:02 pm

Wow, accumulator mode is fantastic!

Setting a stage to a high pulse count, then using accumulator set to transpose on pulse or ratchet makes that stage an arpeggiator.

r_omega_
Learning to Wiggle

Post by r_omega_ » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:53 am

Looks like it's currently sold out with US retailers but still in stock in Canada:

https://nightlife-electronics.com/colle ... metropolix

nexgen23
Common Wiggler

Post by nexgen23 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:28 am

bobbylandry wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:17 pm
Raindeer wrote:
exper wrote:
slamcityjam wrote:
The Launchpad can work as a controller for the Five12 I'm pretty sure. I use it with their Numerology software so I imagine he has it implemented with the hardware sequencer.
The Launchpad combined with Vector IMO is one of the greatest euro sequencers ever devised :) I had an Eloquence for a short while, and while it worked, it wasn’t nearly as intuitive for me to use.

slowwild
Common Wiggler

Post by slowwild » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:48 pm

1.0.1.0 Released!

* When muting, muted tracks/lanes now blink red when muted; thanks Loopop!
* Overall darker GUI; less drastic contrast changes in a dark environment.
* When auditing stages from the Loopy screen, the LEDs are now blue instead of white.
* Decreased max brightness of UI LEDs.
* Fix for missed gates when set to very short length at faster BPM; the shortest effective gate is 0.333ms.
* Slightly longer hold (1 second) required to save a shortcut.
* Minor bug fixes.

via https://forum.intellijel.com/t/metropolix-1-0-1-0/3366
slow wild, electric ropes
a boy at intellijel

Synthetica
Common Wiggler

Post by Synthetica » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:04 pm

So I received the Metropolix a couple days ago. A neat trick I played with is sending a S&H LFO (I used Wogglebug here) to CV input (X) set its destination for mute and set the atten to the 12 o'clock . Adds some interesting variation to the sequence when dialed in just right right. The Accum is also great. This thing is fun.

Back Down the Path
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Back Down the Path » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:05 am

Just popped in again to say this thing is a dream. Awe inspiring stuff.

Synthetica
Common Wiggler

Post by Synthetica » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:06 am

Playing with Metropolix and Marbles, fully generative random patching with no goal in mind.

freqout
Common Wiggler

Post by freqout » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:09 am

I’m loving this thing. It’s so playable. The assignable knobs are great. I like keeping one on the octave control, which is fun to tweak while using loopy to repeat a stage. I was just messing around with a sequence that used the first 5 stages, then I came up with something separate on the remaining 3 and then assigned the “skip invert” control to the second knob. Now I turn the knob to seamlessly jump between the two.

Loopy is really excellent, really the show stealing feature for me. I love to jump in with a little bit of loopy at the end of a bar for some variation. Or hold a stage and play the pitch slider. You can totally mess up your sequence and then reload it in time back to how it started.

And the mod lanes! My initial thought was... buh... I probably won’t use these much, but I was wrong. Once you’ve got something good going with the sliders and switches, you can really bring it to life even more with some well-selected mod lanes. I was getting some nice results with a fast mod lane changing the pulse div so that stages with longer repeating pulse counts would get some interesting and different phrasing each time. And so many other things really. Changing the pulse count to create cool rhythm variations, but with a fixed pulse count length for the track so it always lands on time. And of course, transposing the sequence in-key to create progressions.

drxcm
Ultra Wiggler

Post by drxcm » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:32 pm

The new firmware UI is nicer. This thing is a gem!

Back Down the Path
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Back Down the Path » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:13 am

Can anyone confirm for me the cable that is used for the update before I buy the wrong thing? :hihi:

exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:30 am

USB type A to USB micro. But make sure it’s not just a charging one. Some only pass power.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Back Down the Path
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Back Down the Path » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:23 pm

exper wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:30 am
USB type A to USB micro. But make sure it’s not just a charging one. Some only pass power.
Thanks!

moononfire
Learning to Wiggle

Post by moononfire » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:50 pm

Just got mine yesterday and after two hours of endless boogie and polyrhythmic bliss I am blown away :goo:

I had an old school Rene before this and could sometimes get some fun polyrhythms with creative patching but nothing like what this can do after a few simple knob tweaks. The two main tracks are not limiting at all, and the way they play with each other is so inspired.

One question I have is it seems that one can only do clock divisions not multiplications, right? I would love to be able to multiply the master clock on a Mod lane. Am I missing something or is this not possible?

cinnatoastg
Wiggling with Experience

Post by cinnatoastg » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:08 pm

moononfire wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:50 pm
One question I have is it seems that one can only do clock divisions not multiplications, right? I would love to be able to multiply the master clock on a Mod lane. Am I missing something or is this not possible?
I noticed this also. Adding a multiplication option in a future update would be great.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”