AtoVproject 16n

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

maudibe
Super Deluxe Wiggler

AtoVproject 16n

Post by maudibe » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:07 pm

Just had to post a shout out for this!

Mine arrived about 30 minutes ago. Fabulous looking piece of kit, available at Schnieder's. 16 Alps faders - 16 * 5v or 10v faders (each can be individually set) ... MIDI and I2C outputs.., activity/power light. Available as a kit, or of course you can bake from scratch on GITHUB.... but I wanted a pro-build. And it is!

Comes supplied with lovely desktop case (which I will use), Euro power cable, USB cable (power), mini-jack to MIDI cable and I2C cable. So yes, euro rack fit, but quite large, and so I will use it out of rack. Best really, as the point is to control your euro easy without the rats-nest getting in the way.

Can't believe this hasn't had more coverage... Now to go and play. I'm sure it is just what the doctor ordered :)

https://atovproject.de/manuals/16nrework

otnemem
Common Wiggler

Re: AtoVproject 16n

Post by otnemem » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:30 pm

+1 for this.

Great piece of gear. I use this mainly with an ER-301 and it had been a game changer really.

starthief
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by starthief » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:31 pm

maudibe wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:07 pm
Can't believe this hasn't had more coverage...
It's a build of the open-source 16n Faderbank -- there have been both standalone versions and Eurorack variants for a couple of years now. But yeah, it's kind of flown a little under the radar I think.

I had one of the Michigan Synth Works builds with bamboo panels, then switched to a Tesseract Sweet Sixteen with a couple other modules in a Pod 60. The nice thing about Tesseract's version is the CV inputs -- you can use it to convert CV to MIDI/i2c, or just use some channels as analog attenuators.

In any form it's extremely useful IMHO, especially if you use Euro with a DAW or have a Teletype or ER-301!

richie
Common Wiggler

Post by richie » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:09 am

Monotrail Tech Talk does a really good overview of how he uses his. I will pick up the Michigan Synth Works version because it has an additional +-5 volts!

maudibe
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by maudibe » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:56 am

Had it playing with my Disting EX yesterday. Much fun :party: Great to set up mappings to work with the wavetable synth mode. Damn thing really came alive. Brilliant.... and yes, agree, it would be good to have the +/- switch for the 5v polarity, but hey...

Return to “Eurorack Modules”