Zularic Buff Mutl

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

thingue
Learning to Wiggle

Zularic Buff Mutl

Post by thingue » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:59 pm

Hello !

I discovered a weird thing, only happening with Noise Engineering Zularic Repetitor :
This module is a Rythmic Generator, it outputs a 6v low impedance gate on 4 outputs.

If i want to send one of these outputs to multiple modules, i get trough a buffered multiple.
I have tree.
If i use the Doepfer A-180-3, everything's fine.
If i use one of my two Intellijel Buff Mult, nothing's fine : on the outputs i get two triggers, one when the gate is on (the Zularic Led light up) and another one when the gate is off (Zularic light off).

AND if i use a simple mutl, not a module but a 6 branches star, everything is fine.

- I wonder why the Zularic outputs are Gates, as described in the manual, and not triggers. And i wonder if that's true.
- I really wonder why this problem happens only with Intellijel Buff Mult. And only with Zularic Repetitor (other triggers or gates in my rack are doing fine thru any Buff Mult).

Thanks for your ideas :-)

maudibe
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Zularic Buff Mutl

Post by maudibe » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:04 pm

Interesting! Not tried that... But, as a side note, for gates and triggers / clocks, you don't usually need a buffered mult. Unless perhaps you are running lots of them all over the place.

So it looks like the Intellijel Buff Mult is sensing the state change. I've only ever used buffered mults (Intellijel etc) for CV, mainly the critical stuff like pitch cv.
Clocks, resets and drum triggers etc get the cheap and cheerful passive treatment :)

thingue
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Zularic Buff Mutl

Post by thingue » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:51 am

maudibe wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:04 pm
Interesting! Not tried that... But, as a side note, for gates and triggers / clocks, you don't usually need a buffered mult. Unless perhaps you are running lots of them all over the place.

So it looks like the Intellijel Buff Mult is sensing the state change. I've only ever used buffered mults (Intellijel etc) for CV, mainly the critical stuff like pitch cv.
Clocks, resets and drum triggers etc get the cheap and cheerful passive treatment :)
you're right
passive mult does the job.
but i was curious !

Return to “Eurorack Modules”