Attenuverter that go from -1V to +1V

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

Post Reply
Dadodetres
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:23 pm

Attenuverter that go from -1V to +1V

Post by Dadodetres » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:36 am

Hello!
I'm new to the modular world and really enthusiastic. Been playin hardware synth for years.

I'm finding that the attenuverter I have are difficult to set the sweet spot. Im almost always using them in the "11 to 1 o´clock" setting.
I have the ALM O/A/x2 and Circuit Abbey Invy.

I was wondering if there is any module that has the whole spam of the knob to be just that region.
I'm guessing for the Offset is going from -1v to +1v instead of -5v to +5v.
In the attenuverter section and don't know how the circuit works, maybe is not called "-1v to +1v", but the idea is to have only the range that the knob is between "11 to 1 o´clock" in the whole "7 to 5 o'clock".

Thanks everyone!

User avatar
oldenjon
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 948
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:28 am
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: Attenuverter that go from -1V to +1V

Post by oldenjon » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:39 am

You can always use two sections. One to attenuate the signal and another to attenuvert over the range set by the first section.
"We all dance by ourselves, that's why we only play electronic music"

http://synthscalledbeasts.tumblr.com/

User avatar
Buttons ARE toys
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:24 am
Location: Earth

Re: Attenuverter that go from -1V to +1V

Post by Buttons ARE toys » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:50 am

This isn't an attenuator, but it's a precision offset generator. You could use this along with a ring modulator to do what you want, sending your signal you want to attenuate to its input and controlling the mod amount with this.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/frequency ... -turn-turn
Astronomical Dusk - a web radio show of synthetic delights and collected oddities. Airs monthly at astronomical dusk.

User avatar
virtualpt
Common Wiggler
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu May 07, 2020 9:19 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Attenuverter that go from -1V to +1V

Post by virtualpt » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:26 am

<deleted> brain not working properly :hihi:

User avatar
Benoist
Common Wiggler
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:28 pm
Location: France

Re: Attenuverter that go from -1V to +1V

Post by Benoist » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:27 pm

There's also this very well tought handy duo ( that I consider )

https://schneidersladen.de/en/flame-qslider

Click on pics for closeups

Dadodetres
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:23 pm

Re: Attenuverter that go from -1V to +1V

Post by Dadodetres » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:45 pm

Benoist wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:27 pm
There's also this very well tought handy duo ( that I consider )

https://schneidersladen.de/en/flame-qslider

Click on pics for closeups
I have the QSlider in my want list. Im buying it as soon as its available and it should be in a couple of days.
But the Qslider doesnt have inputs, so its only an offset. Probably the most precise one, but doesnt resolve the attenuetor part.
thanks!

Dadodetres
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:23 pm

Re: Attenuverter that go from -1V to +1V

Post by Dadodetres » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:46 pm

virtualpt wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:26 am
<deleted> brain not working properly :hihi:
:love:

Dadodetres
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:23 pm

Re: Attenuverter that go from -1V to +1V

Post by Dadodetres » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:49 pm

Buttons ARE toys wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:50 am
This isn't an attenuator, but it's a precision offset generator. You could use this along with a ring modulator to do what you want, sending your signal you want to attenuate to its input and controlling the mod amount with this.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/frequency ... -turn-turn
Nice!
Ill consider it amoung the QSlider for precise offset

Dadodetres
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:23 pm

Re: Attenuverter that go from -1V to +1V

Post by Dadodetres » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:50 pm

oldenjon wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:39 am
You can always use two sections. One to attenuate the signal and another to attenuvert over the range set by the first section.
Nice! thanks!

User avatar
Pelsea
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1160
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:46 am
Location: Santa Cruz CA
Contact:

Re: Attenuverter that go from -1V to +1V

Post by Pelsea » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:51 pm

If you are up for some DIY there's a nice circuit here: https://kassu2000.blogspot.com/2018/04/ ... mixer.html.
It is less sensitive in the center so easier to adjust near 0. There's a board and panel for sale, although it is simple enough to build with a blank panel and perfboard. It's also a simple hack to an existing module, just a pair of resistors soldered across the pins of the pot.
Books and tutorials on modular synthesis at http://peterelsea.com
Patch responsibly.
pqe

User avatar
Whelm
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:27 pm
Location: West Coast Ish

Re: Attenuverter that go from -1V to +1V

Post by Whelm » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:59 pm

Pelsea wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:51 pm
If you are up for some DIY there's a nice circuit here: https://kassu2000.blogspot.com/2018/04/ ... mixer.html.
It is less sensitive in the center so easier to adjust near 0. There's a board and panel for sale, although it is simple enough to build with a blank panel and perfboard. It's also a simple hack to an existing module, just a pair of resistors soldered across the pins of the pot.
That's pretty cool.

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”