Mounting the Kraftzwerg

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

chisel316
Common Wiggler

Mounting the Kraftzwerg

Post by chisel316 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:50 am

Well, after almost a year since I got the Kraftzwerg, I finally bit the bullet tonight and mounted it in a Happy Ending Kit. As you can see from the "before" picture, I had it standing up next to the HEK. I think it looks a lot nicer now. Many thanks to exper for selling me his Kraftzwerg with the Eurorack panel and for giving me tips on how to make the switch from desktop unit to panel.

Before:

After:

Peace \/
chisel316

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:07 am

I've done the exact same thing as you can see here:

but I don't have the eurorack panel version. There's not much to modify on the tabletop version. All you have to do is cut a small line off the top of the panel and it fits. Really easy to get done.
All rights reserved; all wrongs reversed.

exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:54 am

Looks great! I admit I kinda miss certain things from the Kraftzwerg. The dual lfos are really, really useful, and even the oscillators have a useful tone and are an easy source for chord sounds.

@PP, I didn't want to hack mine, in case I inevitably wanted to sell it in its original form (as I did, ^) so I had MFB send me the euro panel. I think he charged me $25 which was worth it to me.
Current system:
http://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/5549

FS/T: Goike Folding Case / Grayscale Panels.
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=229687

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:58 am

Well, didn't know that was an option so I cut mine. Hopefully, in case I ever decide to sell, someone might appreciate I spared him the effort! :mrgreen:

But to be honest I don't have any intention of selling it. Sometimes I can't be bothered to patch up a voice (let alone three) just to prove some concept that just came up. One thing that I would gladly do though is buy an aluminium version of panel for it. Not that I don't like the black, but you know, uniformity ...

exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:18 am

Paranormal Patroler wrote:Well, didn't know that was an option so I cut mine. Hopefully, in case I ever decide to sell, someone might appreciate I spared him the effort! :mrgreen:

But to be honest I don't have any intention of selling it. Sometimes I can't be bothered to patch up a voice (let alone three) just to prove some concept that just came up. One thing that I would gladly do though is buy an aluminium version of panel for it. Not that I don't like the black, but you know, uniformity ...
Oh I know ALL about uniformity. It's my little slice of OCD. Ask qu.one if he could make a silver acrylic panel for you. He has some material that is really close to the basic aluminum euro panel. Or splurge for a front panel express one. Probably be expensive for that size though. Btw, that lc9 stand is brilliant!
Current system:

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:30 am

Yeah, we're usually the first two to make a fuss about ugly looking modules (Medic Modules anyone?), that's for sure :lol:

Hmm, silver acrylic? Why not. I might do that, but first I'll try the cream Davies knobs on it. That might pretty it up a lot! I'd rather spend the cash there.

As for the LC9 stand, the original thread is here. I have some measurements on the first post and I'm always happy to give any info needed if someone want's to make one. It's straight up easy as pie.

exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:39 am

Thanks, I remember that thread. I used to have 2 lc6 cases for which I thought about adopting your idea for, but I ended up with 2 of Goike's excellent metal 6u 104hp boats instead. Th cream Davies would look pretty cool. Like that Addac oscillator.
Current system:

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:48 am

I think I'll try adding Davies knobs an all Doepfer, MFB and whatnot modules and see how that looks. Cream for the MFB, black for the Doepfer and every other aluminium paneled module. Not sure if I want to change the synthtech though. But I digress, cream Davies looks good on MFB (and I'm happy that ADDAC uses them)

Gluten
Learning to Wiggle

Re:

Post by Gluten » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:08 pm

Paranormal Patroler wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:07 am
I've done the exact same thing as you can see here:

but I don't have the eurorack panel version. There's not much to modify on the tabletop version. All you have to do is cut a small line off the top of the panel and it fits. Really easy to get done.
Friend, can you explain me how you did the cut? Size,method... thanks in advance.

flies
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Mounting the Kraftzwerg

Post by flies » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:58 pm

I've always admired the LFO on this thing. There are no comparably small/cheap multi LFOs on the market that have CV attenuators for speed (though I guess the øchd seems to fill that gap).
my rig https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/622777 (not shown: VCV rack and MOTO 828 mk2)

FetidEye
demonic space drone

Re: Mounting the Kraftzwerg

Post by FetidEye » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:08 pm

the coolest feature on that dual LFO is the crossmodulation! I still miss that in my current module setup.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”