ER-101: Indexed Quad Sequencer

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

SonicVoltage
Common Wiggler

Post by SonicVoltage » Tue May 15, 2018 3:36 pm

Hi, a bit later than expected but PART 3 is out.
- Using INVERT for quick Math Transforms inversions...
- Using Groups INVERT and ROTATE of steps-selection to enhance sequence editing, transforms or maybe play with it.
- Create Groups and setup Mod Busses to apply non-destructive 'live' modulation, transforms (change speed, length, pitch, random range, quantizy, etc...)
- Full patch description for each voice used in the patch

[video][/video]

I hope you like it :)

debolish
Common Wiggler

Post by debolish » Tue May 15, 2018 7:01 pm

SonicVoltage wrote:Hi, a bit later than expected but PART 3 is out.
- Using Groups INVERT and ROTATE of steps-selection to enhance sequence editing, transforms or maybe play with it.
- Create Groups and setup Mod Busses to apply non-destructive 'live' modulation, transforms (change speed, length, pitch, random range, quantizy, etc...)

[video][/video]

Great videos! Thanks so much! :sb:

albiedamned
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by albiedamned » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Regarding the 102, I personally am only interested in the cv recording capability. The other functions are things I wouldn't use. So, O|D is there any chance you would ever release a smaller expander with just the cv recording?

Also, someone asked quite a while ago where the name Orthogonal Devices came from and what ER stands for. I don't think the questions were ever answered, and I am quite curious.
Stuff I did by myself: https://soundcloud.com/albiedamned21133
Stuff I did with my pretend band: https://soundcloud.com/borisandnatasha

hemeroscopium
Wiggling with Experience

Post by hemeroscopium » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:08 pm

SonicVoltage wrote:Hi, a bit later than expected but PART 3 is out.

[video][/video]

Thank you thank you thank you! Demistyfying that beasts :) Greatly appriciated.

BrokenBo
Wiggling with Experience

Post by BrokenBo » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:30 am

is it possible to turn ratcheting on / off via cv?

Common Wiggler

Post by 6667 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:21 am

Managed to snag one used for 500 on reverb. Had spent weeks debating what sequencer I wanted but at the end of the day I'm a huge sucker for "desert island" type modules, so I'm pretty excited for this.

BTG
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by BTG » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:51 pm

anyone know what kind of tool is required to remove and the big black knobs? It looks like a very, very tiny hex head, but none of mine work. I'm trying to change face plates.

Leverkusen
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Leverkusen » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:26 am

You need a 0.89mm hex key for the encoder knobs. Just out of curiosity, what kind of faceplate will you mount?

snadge
Wiggling with Experience

Post by snadge » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:35 pm

As someone who received their 101/2 combo last week I just have to say this is the most awesome addition to my rack ever and I haven't even touched the 102 yet.

So musical and intuitive.

BTG
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by BTG » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:44 pm

Leverkusen wrote:You need a 0.89mm hex key for the encoder knobs. Just out of curiosity, what kind of faceplate will you mount?
Grey with white letters (replacing black letters on metal)

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:59 pm

snadge wrote:As someone who received their 101/2 combo last week I just have to say this is the most awesome addition to my rack ever and I haven't even touched the 102 yet.

So musical and intuitive.
Yup :)

zengomi
Wiggling with Experience

Post by zengomi » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:38 am

Whether or not to get a second set, that is the question.

titanlegions
Learning to Wiggle

Post by titanlegions » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:20 am

I've just started a new video series in depth on the 101 and 102 if anyone is interested, first video is up:

[video][/video]

I've been inspired by Neil Parfitt's videos on the 301 which really helped me learn it quickly. And I kept seeing requests for something similar for the 101. It's my first time making youtube tutorials so advise and criticism welcome.

zengomi
Wiggling with Experience

Post by zengomi » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:51 am

titanlegions, what led you to purchase a second ER-101 (and ER-102?)?

titanlegions
Learning to Wiggle

Post by titanlegions » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:06 am

Yeah I have two of each. The main reason is I have an enormous system and there is lots to control.

Also I like having two devices that can be "out of sync" in various ways — like you could use parts to make a full song in four voices on one device (with Edges or something) and still have the other independent of it. Then you can do DJ like things as well where you are setting up or recording on one sequencer whilst the audience are listening to the first. Also having a second 102 means you can have even more diverse group modulation going on.

I guess really I just wanted more tracks.

zengomi
Wiggling with Experience

Post by zengomi » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:21 am

titanlegions wrote:Yeah I have two of each. The main reason is I have an enormous system and there is lots to control.

Also I like having two devices that can be "out of sync" in various ways — like you could use parts to make a full song in four voices on one device (with Edges or something) and still have the other independent of it. Then you can do DJ like things as well where you are setting up or recording on one sequencer whilst the audience are listening to the first. Also having a second 102 means you can have even more diverse group modulation going on.

I guess really I just wanted more tracks.

Thank you. Your take makes sense to me. More tracks under the particularly fine control of ER-101/ER-102 appeals to me.

My own system is rather hefty, too. So much so that it is way beyond any notion of taking it to a venue for a performance. Multiple webcams is probably the only way I'll perform publically on the entire thing.

titanlegions
Learning to Wiggle

Post by titanlegions » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:29 am

Wow dude, looks amazing! I love the contrast with the large racks and then the little box with Maths and... is it a Disting?

I'll send you a picture of mine when the new flightcases arrive and I can plug it all in again.

EDIT – That's Erbe-Verb I'm looking at not Maths!

zengomi
Wiggling with Experience

Post by zengomi » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:15 pm

titanlegions wrote:Wow dude, looks amazing! I love the contrast with the large racks and then the little box with Maths and... is it a Disting?

I'll send you a picture of mine when the new flightcases arrive and I can plug it all in again.

EDIT – That's Erbe-Verb I'm looking at not Maths!
Thanks! Eventually, as in when I move, the middle section will be closer to the right section.

The module next to the Erbe-Verb is an ADDAC213A Eurorack Bridge. Its complement is in the top right corner of the left section. There's another pair connecting the left and right sections, as well as 3 sets of Doepfer A180-9 Multicore. Bridging modules are essential to my sanity :hihi:

Flight cases? Sounds like a major change. Looking forward to seeing them.

Back on track, the 48 HP LC Doepfer case is where I would put a second ER-101/ER-102. Pretty sure I want/need them in the long run. Buying them here in Tokyo would save me a lot of money. Hard to resist.

gummyboy
Wiggling with Experience

Post by gummyboy » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:14 pm

titanlegions wrote:I've just started a new video series in depth on the 101 and 102 if anyone is interested, first video is up:

[video][/video]

I've been inspired by Neil Parfitt's videos on the 301 which really helped me learn it quickly. And I kept seeing requests for something similar for the 101. It's my first time making youtube tutorials so advise and criticism welcome.
It's really good video for the person who doesn't have any pre info. Like me....

Big Thanks!!!!

titanlegions
Learning to Wiggle

Post by titanlegions » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:25 pm

Next video is up.

[video][/video]

I don't know what the forum etiquette is for posting all of these, as I guess anyone who wants to watch them all will subscribe to the channel. Advice appreciated.

New cases put back to Friday at the earliest, arg. I'm far too impatient! Once I've finally got them I can put everything back together in a sensible configuration!

gnome666
Common Wiggler

Post by gnome666 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:02 pm

The time and effort spent on these videos is greatly appreciate. As someone whose had the 101/102 for less than a year, its always good to see and hear more about how people approach these awesome sequencers. :sb:
titanlegions wrote:Next video is up.

[video][/video]

I don't know what the forum etiquette is for posting all of these, as I guess anyone who wants to watch them all will subscribe to the channel. Advice appreciated.

New cases put back to Friday at the earliest, arg. I'm far too impatient! Once I've finally got them I can put everything back together in a sensible configuration!

uebl
Wiggling with Experience

Post by uebl » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:57 pm

Yes, many many thanks to *SonicVoltage* and *titanlegions*; highly appreciated! :hail:

tnktni
Common Wiggler

Post by tnktni » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:29 am

+1 thanks to @SonicVoltage and @titanlegions for these tutorial, my ER-101 should be arriving soon...

titanlegions
Learning to Wiggle

Post by titanlegions » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:07 pm

Thanks guys :)

I wanted to make a video this weekend and another in the week, but gonna have to wait until at least next week now as there were problems with my new cases and I had to leave the modular with them to make sure everything is going to fit properly. Real pain, but will be back with more vids soon.

roya
Common Wiggler

Post by roya » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:09 pm

I just received a used 101/102 from a person on this forum and I see something weird with tracks 2 and 4.

The range of CV I’m getting from all 4 CV outputs (A and B for each track ) is between 0-0.114V. I guess the unit is damaged but I’m really hoping I’m doing something wrong.

I updated to latest firmware and cleaned everything

Track 1 and 3 work fine.

Still waiting to hear back from the seller...

Thanks for helping!

Return to “Eurorack Modules”