ER-101: Indexed Quad Sequencer

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

titanlegions
Learning to Wiggle

Post by titanlegions » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:25 pm

Could be that some kind of weird tables are loaded into it. But failing that it does sound like it could be damaged. Your best bet is probably hitting up the OD forum: forum.orthogonaldevices.com, or contacting Brian directly, he's very good at replying and sorting things out.

timoka
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by timoka » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:51 pm

roya wrote:I just received a used 101/102 from a person on this forum and I see something weird with tracks 2 and 4.

The range of CV I’m getting from all 4 CV outputs (A and B for each track ) is between 0-0.114V. I guess the unit is damaged but I’m really hoping I’m doing something wrong.

I updated to latest firmware and cleaned everything

Track 1 and 3 work fine.

Still waiting to hear back from the seller...

Thanks for helping!
this doesn't sound good, ask here: https://forum.orthogonaldevices.com/
you might get a quicker answer and brian from OD is very helpful.

roya
Common Wiggler

Post by roya » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:26 pm

Thanks, I posted on the OD forum as well. Pretty much tried everything.

- removed all other modules from the skiff (MN)
- upgraded
- downgraded

SonicVoltage
Common Wiggler

Post by SonicVoltage » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:56 pm

Thank you to u guys for watching and commenting.
@titanlegions nice to see more videos covering the OD devices. Great job!

I had two false starts with shooting the last 'Part-4' during the past few days. Having some issues with an ageing Mac Pro 2008. Got the laptop setup for recording now, so I should be able to start shooting of the conclusive video tomorrow :)

SonicVoltage
Common Wiggler

Post by SonicVoltage » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:28 pm

roya wrote:Thanks, I posted on the OD forum as well. Pretty much tried everything.

- removed all other modules from the skiff (MN)
- upgraded
- downgraded
Does that happen for all Snapshots?

If maybe there are Snapshots already saved, try to load some other Snapshot, if some other snapshot works fine with all 4 tracks than 99% your issue is only user error.

Also did you try to load one of the Reference Tables
Switch to Ref, select 12ETT (the 12 semitones equally tempered scale for example). Copy and Paste this table on CV-A and CV-B of the 'bad' tracks.

It could be that the previous user was using some very limited range table for some specific reason.

SonicVoltage
Common Wiggler

Post by SonicVoltage » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:06 pm

The Final 'Part 4' of this ER-101 ER-102 review series is live.

In this video we look at the CV/Gates recording modes (Realtime, Step, Alter)
And a final conclusion Good/Bad

[video][/video]
Thank you for watching!

BDProject
Common Wiggler

Post by BDProject » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:58 pm

SonicVoltage wrote: Thank you for watching!
Thank you for making these! Incredibly helpful :)

titanlegions
Learning to Wiggle

Post by titanlegions » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:29 am

Here's the next video in my series, sorry for the delay.

[video][/video]

titanlegions
Learning to Wiggle

Post by titanlegions » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:03 am

@SonicVoltage — Btw just wanted to say I didn't realise you were still making your series and that I was directly competing with you. I might not have started if I'd realised that. I greatly enjoyed your first video but have been holding off watching the others so that it doesn't subconsciously affect my own content. I'm not sure whether that's a good idea or not! But anyway thanks for making awesome stuff!

debolish
Common Wiggler

Post by debolish » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:04 am

titanlegions & SonicVoltage - As a newer ER-101/102 user, and a recent viewer of both series, I am finding both sets to be incredibly educational. The more the merrier! Thank you both for your time & effort. Very much appreciated!
titanlegions wrote:@SonicVoltage — Btw just wanted to say I didn't realise you were still making your series and that I was directly competing with you. I might not have started if I'd realised that. I greatly enjoyed your first video but have been holding off watching the others so that it doesn't subconsciously affect my own content. I'm not sure whether that's a good idea or not! But anyway thanks for making awesome stuff!

SonicVoltage
Common Wiggler

Post by SonicVoltage » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:52 am

Strange I am not getting any emails about posts on my watched topics...
BDProject wrote:
SonicVoltage wrote: Thank you for watching!
Thank you for making these! Incredibly helpful :)
Thank you, your comments guys are really appreciated, it is important feedback and support. Thanks to all your comments guys here and on the channel.

titanlegions wrote:@SonicVoltage — Btw just wanted to say I didn't realise you were still making your series and that I was directly competing with you. I might not have started if I'd realised that. I greatly enjoyed your first video but have been holding off watching the others so that it doesn't subconsciously affect my own content. I'm not sure whether that's a good idea or not! But anyway thanks for making awesome stuff!
No way man, you did great in starting your series. There is no competition, just more people sharing and being part of the same community.

I am glad you started your own take especially on this module, there is not much out there that goes into enough detail and different users e.g. you, me, etc... we all use modules in slightly different ways, so we can all learn a few tricks, tips, from each other...

Keep going, it's hard, really hard to make videos, so if you are enjoying it and it is a way to fully experience this whole modular thing, I think you and anyone should feel free to share videos, info on any module, workflow no matter how many videos from other users are arleady out there, for any module

Keep it up!

___tomk
Common Wiggler

Post by ___tomk » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:53 am

I know I'm a bit late to the game on the ER-101, but wanted to share my first patch with it. Can't wait to get deeper into this one--love the workflow and possibilities.

[video][/video]

Artaos
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Artaos » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:38 pm

___tomk wrote:I know I'm a bit late to the game on the ER-101, but wanted to share my first patch with it. Can't wait to get deeper into this one--love the workflow and possibilities.
Epic.

Artaos
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Artaos » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:32 pm

I tried upgrading the ER-101 firmware today on Mac OS 10.13.6 and I couldn't get the programmer to detect the ER-101 as connected. Here is what I had to do, in case anyone else runs into the same problem:

- install dfu-programmer:

brew install dfu-programmer

- download firmware files, link here:

https://forum.orthogonaldevices.com/t/u ... linux/1230

- in the console:

dfu-programmer at32uc3c1512 erase

dfu-programmer at32uc3c1512 flash er-101-firmware-vXXX.hex --suppress-bootloader-mem

dfu-programmer at32uc3c1512 reset

___tomk
Common Wiggler

Post by ___tomk » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:24 pm

Artaos wrote:
___tomk wrote:I know I'm a bit late to the game on the ER-101, but wanted to share my first patch with it. Can't wait to get deeper into this one--love the workflow and possibilities.
Epic.
Thank you!

SonicVoltage
Common Wiggler

Post by SonicVoltage » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:42 am

Loved it!

Oldstench
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Oldstench » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:38 pm

So, the OD website says they are accepting orders for the 101, but when I get to the PayPal screen it says it's sold out?

Brian got back to me in under 2 hours to let me know it was up for sale. Can't wait. Nostalgia panel all the way.
Humanity has doomed itself.

BailyDread
Wiggling with Experience

Post by BailyDread » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:34 pm

I just ordered one of these today!! :sb: So stoked. I changed my mind about the face plate "flavor" after... :eek: Hopefully Brian lets me change.

How often do ER-102s come back into stock?? My ER-101 will feel so naked without it :confused:

edit: Brian got back to me within a few hours and there was no problem changing my faceplate to Original flavor :hyper:

cheers mates!! :guinness:

BailyDread
Wiggling with Experience

Post by BailyDread » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:39 am

sorry to double post...

saw something on the OD site that the steel faceplates are liable to have the powder coating rub off and the steel beneath corrode... this was only a single comment though.

anyone else have any experience with this? i requested a change from people's choice (aluminum) to original (steel), which Brian was happy to do for me, but now i'm worried about corrosion. i could always order another faceplate if i experience some corrosion but my concern would be damaging the components inside. this thing aint cheap and i want it to last! with that said, the buttons and knobs look very study from the vids i've seen.

Leverkusen
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Leverkusen » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:20 pm

To me original flavor is the best flavor and I never had problems with my O|D faceplates within the year I have them now. Changing them afterwards should not be an issue though - there are people doing that.

rob_dylan
Common Wiggler

Post by rob_dylan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:37 am

Orders for the ER-101 are closed on the OD website until January next year. On Modular Grid there is Rubadub and Post Modular mentioned as resellers in Europe, but the module is sold out at both of these places. Anyone knows any other European shops that might sell them? I suppose it would also be a bit cheaper to buy from a reseller in Europe, rather than straight from the OD website, considering the import taxes and custom fees?

tnktni
Common Wiggler

Post by tnktni » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:44 am

rob_dylan wrote:Orders for the ER-101 are closed on the OD website until January next year. On Modular Grid there is Rubadub and Post Modular mentioned as resellers in Europe, but the module is sold out at both of these places. Anyone knows any other European shops that might sell them? I suppose it would also be a bit cheaper to buy from a reseller in Europe, rather than straight from the OD website, considering the import taxes and custom fees?
From my understanding they are only sold online via their website.

rob_dylan
Common Wiggler

Post by rob_dylan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:11 am

tnktni wrote:From my understanding they are only sold online via their website.

Ok, thanks for the reply. If that is the case I find it a bit strange that Post Modular have them listed as purchasable items, even with the option to choose between faceplates, but 'out of stock'. I sent them an email and asked if they plan on re-stocking. Not sure if I'm willing/able to pay an additional 30% in import tax by ordering straight from Japan. Will keep an eye open though!

Leverkusen
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Leverkusen » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:45 am

As fas as I understood Brian has stopped equipping shops cause he cannot build enough to satisfy their needs anyway and earns more by selling him direct of course. So it did not make any sense for him to sell via resellers.

Import tax and VAT should be the same though, regardless of purchasing directly or via a reseller. It's just a bit more cumbersome to deal with warranty repairs then.

rob_dylan
Common Wiggler

Post by rob_dylan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:21 pm

Leverkusen wrote:As fas as I understood Brian has stopped equipping shops cause he cannot build enough to satisfy their needs anyway and earns more by selling him direct of course. So it did not make any sense for him to sell via resellers.

Import tax and VAT should be the same though, regardless of purchasing directly or via a reseller. It's just a bit more cumbersome to deal with warranty repairs then.

Well, that makes perfect sense for a 1-man company with a limited production scale I guess. Also, considering the exchange rate between dollar and euro at the moment the unit costs less than I initially assumed. I'll anyway have to wait until January and see how things are then. Thanks for the input!

Return to “Eurorack Modules”