Arp 1601 Sequencer clone

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

ElectricGhost
Learning to Wiggle

Post by ElectricGhost » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:18 am

rjd2rjd2 wrote:not heard from jhulk either. i paid for a boat/pcb set last year, and haven't received anything. my last response i received was several months back. i've done a bunch of group buys before on electro-music, here, and elsewhere, and always had great experiences. this is the only time i've ever not gotten anything.... i was really hoping to build this, as an original is pretty much unobtainium...any solutions out there?

Edit: Got a refund, thanks!
Last edited by ElectricGhost on Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kipling
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Kipling » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:01 am

I will put this to jammie. I'm sure he will sort things out for you both.

dnode
Learning to Wiggle

Post by dnode » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:24 am

ElectricGhost wrote:
rjd2rjd2 wrote:not heard from jhulk either. i paid for a boat/pcb set last year, and haven't received anything. my last response i received was several months back. i've done a bunch of group buys before on electro-music, here, and elsewhere, and always had great experiences. this is the only time i've ever not gotten anything.... i was really hoping to build this, as an original is pretty much unobtainium...any solutions out there?
Same here,

after a year waiting i wanted my money back (£148) and now im waiting since then. He said he will refund when he get paid in june but nothing happened. Now he´s not responding anymore.

First group buy ever and thats a negative one. I don´t think that i will buy anything here again. Thanks for nothing.
I do feel sorry for you, but could you please be careful in expressing your frustration? You did not and can not buy anything "here" ... you bought it from a certain member of this awesome forum.

good luck!

aquatarkus
Common Wiggler

Post by aquatarkus » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:54 pm

ElectricGhost Please PM me. Jammie said he has refunded everyone that asked.

Also these will be restocked shortly, but no longer through us. Only Through our distributors AMS, Synth Cube, and Modular Addict.

Prices will be higher than through Jammie, but this will eliminate anything like this happening again.

ElectricGhost
Learning to Wiggle

Post by ElectricGhost » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:51 am

dnode wrote:
ElectricGhost wrote:
Same here,

after a year waiting i wanted my money back (£148) and now im waiting since then. He said he will refund when he get paid in june but nothing happened. Now he´s not responding anymore.

First group buy ever and thats a negative one. I don´t think that i will buy anything here again. Thanks for nothing.
I do feel sorry for you, but could you please be careful in expressing your frustration? You did not and can not buy anything "here" ... you bought it from a certain member of this awesome forum.

good luck!
Yeah, i chose the wrong words!

aquatarkus wrote:ElectricGhost Please PM me. Jammie said he has refunded everyone that asked.

Also these will be restocked shortly, but no longer through us. Only Through our distributors AMS, Synth Cube, and Modular Addict.

Prices will be higher than through Jammie, but this will eliminate anything like this happening again.
Thanks alot! I was a bit frustrated... I saw that he did a lot of great work here on muffs but everything went wrong with my order.

I got the refund so im happy now, thanks!

roglok
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by roglok » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:05 pm

any news on the availability of the new 1601 panels (w/ divider addon)?

roglok
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by roglok » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:23 pm

roglok wrote:any news on the availability of the new 1601 panels (w/ divider addon)?

drip.feed
Roll it off at 30 Hz

Post by drip.feed » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:00 pm

roglok wrote:
roglok wrote:any news on the availability of the new 1601 panels (w/ divider addon)?
Are you on Facebook? There is a Facebook group for all of this stuff now. They won't come near Muffs again any time soon.
Dripfeed

Laughing
Common Wiggler

Post by Laughing » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:15 pm

Where is his facebook group? I can't find it in search at all.

flts
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by flts » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:55 am

search for: J.M.LOGAN SYNTH RESEARCH
Warm thank you to everyone for the past 10 years. I'm not active here anymore for personal reasons, so for those I've had the pleasure of dealing with please send an e-mail instead of PM if you wish to get in touch.

roglok
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by roglok » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:31 am

drip.feed wrote:
roglok wrote:
Are you on Facebook? There is a Facebook group for all of this stuff now. They won't come near Muffs again any time soon.
i am not on facebook and i have no plans to join. would someone in that group please be so kind to let me know if there's any progress. jammie has not answered my email...

tobb
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by tobb » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:15 am

roglok wrote: i am not on facebook and i have no plans to join. would someone in that group please be so kind to let me know if there's any progress. jammie has not answered my email...
I just have send him a PM again,two months ago he replied to my PM.

Its getting very long now.

aquatarkus
Common Wiggler

Post by aquatarkus » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:54 am

We are not adjusting the panel for the sequencer to accommodate the divider pcbs. Jammie has decided that he would like to build a separate box so that those who would like to keep the sequencer looking as stock as possible can have that. Currently the enclosure for the divider PCBs has not been drawn - we've been hard at work with the 208, the 2600, and Polyfusion modular and Keyboards (With Ron Folkman from Polyfusion - NOT clones!!!).

We placed the order for the 1601 sequencer PCBs with Polyfusion so those should be here in 4 to 5 weeks.

We do have divider PCBs for sale. The old fab house messed up the order, so you actually get 2, one to practicd your smt skills and one "good" one. The one that was messed up has a white screen on a white mask. Nothing else wrong with it, it's just hard to read.

roglok
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by roglok » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:07 am

aquatarkus wrote:We are not adjusting the panel for the sequencer to accommodate the divider pcbs. Jammie has decided that he would like to build a separate box so that those who would like to keep the sequencer looking as stock as possible can have that. Currently the enclosure for the divider PCBs has not been drawn - we've been hard at work with the 208, the 2600, and Polyfusion modular and Keyboards (With Ron Folkman from Polyfusion - NOT clones!!!).

We placed the order for the 1601 sequencer PCBs with Polyfusion so those should be here in 4 to 5 weeks.

We do have divider PCBs for sale. The old fab house messed up the order, so you actually get 2, one to practicd your smt skills and one "good" one. The one that was messed up has a white screen on a white mask. Nothing else wrong with it, it's just hard to read.
well, thanks for that. it would've been a noble gesture to notify me (and possibly others) about the promised panel not happening. especially since it sounds like you are selling the divider PCBs i designed. what's the retail price of the PCBs, if i may ask?

aquatarkus
Common Wiggler

Post by aquatarkus » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:28 am

We don't set retail price, I think we distributed it to modular addict for a few bucks but they haven't even put it on their website yet due to their backlog.

Also Jammie said there was not enough interest for a panel. He had about 3 requests. Everyone else wanted to drill themselves and add a sticker.

roglok
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by roglok » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:09 am

fair enough. still, i would have appreciated a simple note that it won't be happening. i've provided quite a bit of support to jammie so i don't think that's too much to ask for...

aquatarkus
Common Wiggler

Post by aquatarkus » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:15 am

I understand. Jammie said to give him a mail.

On the pcbs - he left all credit to you and fonik. We have given a bunch away and he hasn't really made anything on his investment. It was literally a couple bucks for MA and SC and that was 2 pcbs - one good and one with a bad mask.

I believe we are supplying a set for a door prize at knobcon.

needspeed
Veteran Wiggler

Post by needspeed » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:06 am

synthcube wrote:we are, yes-- working on the BOM and acquiring parts now...
Any updates or is this dead????
To a never ending journey of exploring all noise that may or may not be music to someone or anyone.

r0main
Learning to Wiggle

Pcb, Boat, Panels

Post by r0main » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:38 pm

Dear all,
I'd like to build a pair of those sequencers. Where do I find the pcb, panels and boat, please?
:despair:
Best regards,
Romain

needspeed
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Pcb, Boat, Panels

Post by needspeed » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:04 pm

r0main wrote:Dear all,
I'd like to build a pair of those sequencers. Where do I find the pcb, panels and boat, please?
:despair:
Best regards,
Romain
I am also feeling your pain and despair, but remain hopeful all the same.....Steve
To a never ending journey of exploring all noise that may or may not be music to someone or anyone.

Kipling
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Kipling » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:07 pm

If you’re on Facebook, and I appreciate not everyone is, then Jammie is now conducting his business at his group page J.M.LOGAN SYNTH RESEARCH/UTTER NUTTER RECORDS. If you’re not a Facebook user then I’ll talk to him to see if we can arrange sales by email or some other way.

I understand there’s one last round of DIY kits happening at the moment, and from the end of that they’ll be fully assembled units. Korg has expressed an interest in it apparently and may license it. I’d have thought they’d have taken a dim view of copyright infringement but apparently not, much to their credit.

emuarc
Common Wiggler

Post by emuarc » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:56 am

Hi
AMSynths are going to be selling JMLS products in the UK, with the ARP1601 kits from late November. PCB, panel, boat, hard to find parts as well as our own linear power supply and MIDI clock.

www.amsynthstore.co.uk
Rob Keeble
Owner & Designer
AMSynths

LED-man
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by LED-man » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:23 am

I offer soon for EU countries the PCB,Panel,Boat,Woodends on
https://www.DIYSYNTH.de
################################
TTSH Support Page and other DIY Projects:
https://www.DSL-man.de

efexor
Common Wiggler

Post by efexor » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:11 pm

LED-man wrote:I offer soon for EU countries the PCB,Panel,Boat,Woodends on
https://www.DIYSYNTH.de
Wow, great news. :sb:

rampy
Common Wiggler

Post by rampy » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:17 pm

Will Synthcube, Modular Addict or any other US distributors be offering this?

Return to “Music Tech DIY”