[DEMOS ADDED!] Mutant Hihats eurorack DIY PCB/panel sets

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe., lisa

What are you interested in?

1x PCB set w/ euro panel ($59)
13%
1x PCB set w/ euro panel + vactrols + headers ($69)
82%
More than one PCB set w/ panel and parts
5%

Total votes: 79

chrissugar
Common Wiggler

Post by chrissugar » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:45 am

Hi

No response yet from Hexinverter but luckily a kind member from here provided me the bass drum schematic :)

Still in need for the schematics for the Hihats and Snare so please contact me if you can help.
Thank you

chris

Markat
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Markat » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:15 pm

I'm also after the mutant Hihats schematic if anyone has them. Seems like hexinverter doesn't use this forum anymore.

peterpanderretter
Common Wiggler

Post by peterpanderretter » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:48 pm

starmandeluxe wrote:
starmandeluxe wrote:
secrethero303 wrote:
starmandeluxe wrote:I'm about halfway through my build...Anyone know if these pots on Mouser will fit? The specs seem to match Hexinverter's BOM notes...but the picture is kind of misleading?

http://www.mouser.jp/ProductDetail/BI-T ... BWhNwoQ%3d
Unfortunately, I don't think these are going to work for you. Those are dual-gang potentiometers, and you only need single. The part number is P0925N-..., whereas the one recommended in the BOM is P0915N-... The key difference is the 2 vs the 1. If you look at the datasheet, you can see that number designates how many gangs. I think this one is what you were looking for: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/BI- ... lENSKDg%3d
Hey thanks! I forgot to mention this, but I also realized this fact after carefully examining the datasheet. The important section is: "Style", which is indicated in the part ID as the letter after "P09x". At the top of the datasheet shows the different styles, and the one I think we all want is "Top Adjust" (had to do Google image search digging to make sure of the difference between "Side Adjust" and "Top Adjust").

All that being said, I still ended up going with these ones from ALPS, but I may add some of the BI pots just to be safe!
http://www.mouser.jp/Search/ProductDeta ... 09L1140A5E

Also, I had no idea about the "gangs" spec, so thanks for saving me before I ordered!
OK, finished my build! And, it works! It sounds great! (Had major problems with building the Mutant Clap, though...see Clap thread for details...)

So about the pots for this thing, yes it is possible to order them from Mouser, but it's quite difficult. Still, if you need to save money on shipping and get them in one order, this is a good way to go. Here's the main problem I had with almost all of the pots I ordered: the two larger legs DO NOT fit into the PCB holes. This is regardless of manufacturer. So I had to smash/bend the legs with a pliers until they would kind of go in. Would have been nicer if the PCB holes were a little larger for the pots but hey at least it's still workable (and for some funny reason the holes for the jack legs are just way too big).

For posterity (if anyone ever considers this), I'll put links to the pots I bought here..
can't guarantee the links won't die though.

10k Audio (ALPS RK09L1140A5E): http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDet ... 09L1140A5E

100k Audio (ALPS RK09D113F25C0A104): http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDet ... D113F25C0A

100k Linear (Alpha RV09AF-40-20K-B100K): http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDet ... 2090F-100K

attention:
under these articles mouser is currently sending crap :bang: (no d shaft pots; pots with a 9mm drill instead a 6mm et.pp.
- for me it was not really working

peterpanderretter
Common Wiggler

Re: [DEMOS ADDED!] Mutant Hihats eurorack DIY PCB/panel sets

Post by peterpanderretter » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:42 am

Hello,
my built finally works like a charme unless one thing:

the OUT of the clsoed hh drones quite a bit.

Any suggestions?

cheers
peter

tonefloat
Learning to Wiggle

Post by tonefloat » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:26 pm

Slightly late to the party here, I am just doing my hihat build - only my 3rd DIY module build so excuse possible silly questions;

1.) I have successfully formed the PCB stack with the headers all soldered - the female header on the middle PCB which is at right angles to the left and right headers - this doesn't span to the top PCB, so presuming I should cut off the excess length of the pins?

2.) Where the PCB stack is formed, some of the pins are left exposed due to the physical spacing of the boards necessary to accommodate the tall components (electrolytic caps etc), I see this is how it is in the build doc images so I assume it to be ok - but is it better to have them covered over - for eg. I could use the plastic part of a male header (with the pins pulled out) - or is this pointless?

peterpanderretter
Common Wiggler

Post by peterpanderretter » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:58 pm

Hello mutants,

I finished my built and everything is working like a Charme except my closed hihat - the output is noisy as he'll & I got no idea how to troubleshoot.
Can anybody help me?

Vheers
Peter

peterpanderretter
Common Wiggler

Post by peterpanderretter » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:44 am

Nobody got a clue?

pjbulls
Common Wiggler

Post by pjbulls » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:11 am

Troubleshooting a circuit remotely is quite difficult, and doubly so without any pictures and/or schematics ;)

Is it noisy when triggered, or just all of the time?

peterpanderretter
Common Wiggler

Post by peterpanderretter » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:17 am

Thanks for your answer @pjbulls!
I know -.-
Yes - noisy all the time (...)

gbiz
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by gbiz » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:03 pm

Have you adjusted the decay trimpot ?.

peterpanderretter
Common Wiggler

Post by peterpanderretter » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:20 pm

@gbiz
Since there is only one trimpot working for open & closed hh (open hh is working perfectly): yes I adjusted it..

Return to “Music Tech DIY”