DIY builders for hire

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

rustedimac
Common Wiggler

Post by rustedimac » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:38 pm

If anyone within 1 1/2 hour distance away from Bloomington, IN need some soldering jobs done, I'd love to help you out!

peachfuzzmcgee
Wiggling with Experience

Post by peachfuzzmcgee » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:06 pm

Anyone with experience with CGS stuff wanna tackle a big build. I have a serge quicksand panel that I have populated some of the boards but I have found that I have less and less time to complete it so I was hoping to find someone that might bag out this thing.

I have all the boards, and pretty much most of the pricier materials aside from the power supply. Thanks!

guestt

Post by guestt » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:34 am

I have done enough DIY over the last three years, know my work is of high enough quality (based on what other professional builders say about my work) and sold enough of it with absolutely no complaints to be able to now offer a build service for those UK/EU wigglers who would like DIY modules but haven't got the tools/patience/skills to build their own.

I am currently out of work so this is a great way for me to keep the wolves from the door and help out a fellow wiggler or two.

I am about to place another order with Thonk, so, this is a general call out - would anyone like any of the kits built from Thonk?

Everything is always thoroughly tested.

I will always help in the unlikely event that anything goes wrong with your module.

Rates are very reasonable :)

Please PM for more details and to place your order!

Scories
Super Deluxe Wiggler

÷N module implemented in a STS Serge obelisk

Post by Scories » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:06 am

I'd like to hire a technician for a little STS Serge modification/implementation.

I have a single panel that consist of two M-Class modules: Creature and Audio Interface. I'm fine with this setup but I am short of a pulse division options.
I'd like to see if it could be possible to implement a ÷N mini module* in the obelisk of my panel.
* voltage-controlled pulse divider

Something that might look like this:
viewtopic.php?t=32295&highlight=

...with half of this module:
http://randomsource.net/docs/RandomSour ... e_NCOM.pdf

(because if we add an extra comparator, it might get a little too cramped I guess).

If you are familiar with STS Serge and are confident about doing this mod pretty easily, please send me a message. Thank you.

P.S Located in Canada.

audiohawk
Common Wiggler

Post by audiohawk » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:43 am

atari5200 wrote:I build stuff here in the US.
Built lots of O+C's and Turing Machines, as well as other bits- Serge Res EQ, Temps Utile, Radio Music, RYO stuff, Sloths, blah blah blah, but I can do pretty much whatever.

This is a little sideline for me, I have a normal day job and I'm in grad school so it gives me a way to continue to funnel a bit of money into my eurorack black hole without feeling too bad about it.... :party:

Happy to do custom builds too. Plenty of good references and unless the project involves unusually expensive parts I don't take any payment until everything is done.

Shoot me a message if you want something built :guinness:
Hey guys!
Just to put a good word for atari5200 building skills...
Recently built me a O_C, a TempsUtile and 2 FMOgres. Couldn't be happier!
It all went smooth... From my custom inquiry to the dealine requested by me.
Recommended!

Corbeau
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Corbeau » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:12 am

A few weeks ago I sent both my Shruthi and Anushri kits to didahdrieghe to have them built by someone who knew what they were doing. I had an excellent experience with him, and the instruments were built in a very timely manner with a lot of attention paid to getting them calibrated just right. He was very upfront about any issues encountered during the build, all of which were resolved.

Can't recommend him highly enough if you're looking for a builder in the EU. He even got me curious about getting my feet wet in the Synth DIY scene! Still have a long way to go but he was very helpful in offering advice.

Thanks again Didah!

NewEnglandAnalog
Common Wiggler

Experienced builder & engineer for hire

Post by NewEnglandAnalog » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:18 pm

Hello all,
I am available to do builds, mods, custom work for people. I have been building modulars since the early 90's. I have the equipment to build and troubleshoot any modular gear out there. A little about myself:

EE degree

25+ years of electronics building experience, including dozens and dozens of cloned analog modules.

Have owned an analog synthesizer repair business and repaired hundreds of analog synths (Former owner of New England Analog). Also worked for Kurzweil as a hardware engineer and sound designer.

Experienced with PCB design, schematic layout, electronic design, embedded programming

Panel design skills using 2D cad

Can complete custom electronic projects from concept to completion, including panel design, construction, etc.

Can modify any analog synth to do whatever you want it to. (Within reason of course! I can't make a bad design good.)

All of my builds are professional quality, and no job is too difficult. If you have a project that you'd like me to take on, please PM me. Thanks!
-Rob
www.RetroaktivSynthesizers.com

kallamash
Learning to Wiggle

Post by kallamash » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:08 am

Rob. That is some impressive CV! I am in the same direction of expertise, but only for 8 years. I have fixed and modded hundreds of devices, but only 1/10 are synths etc. Have been working for Bastl and soldered over 500 modules.
Stationed in Brno-Czech republic.

Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:56 pm

Paying someone else to build it for you isn't "DIY" any longer .....

.... it's PSETBIFY (paying someone else to build it for you).

That's funny. I'm funny. Damn I'm funny. So damned funny. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
5U MODULAR NORMALIZING PROJECT (for your entertainment) viewtopic.php?t=78836&highlight=
... I'm dyin' in a vat in the garage ...

Nihlathak
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Nihlathak » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:45 am

Hi im searching for someone who could build for me clouds, rings and O&C
my plan is to get those three toghether and get a cool deal.

let me know if anyone is up to

ZZ Ardoz
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ZZ Ardoz » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:43 pm

Nihlathak wrote:Hi im searching for someone who could build for me clouds, rings and O&C
my plan is to get those three toghether and get a cool deal.

let me know if anyone is up to
I can make you an O and C, but the Mutable stuff is a no-no. Against the wishes of Olivier.

Reese P. Dubin
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Reese P. Dubin » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:04 am

I am looking for someone in the USA to construct an ELEMENTS PCB only, flashed with the firmware. Basically I need a complete board with no hardware for a big banana build.
I can and have built nearly anything through hole but dont have the time on this to get my SMD up to snuff just yet.
I know there are some "rules" concerning these modules and I dont want to step on anyones toes, but a scan of BST makes it clear there is a cottage industry in making them for yourselves and then selling and doing it again. I dont want a branded paneled finished module, just a flashed/complete PCB.

If this is a total no no please delete this post!

ZZ Ardoz
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ZZ Ardoz » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:15 am

Reese P. Dubin wrote:I am looking for someone in the USA to construct an ELEMENTS PCB only, flashed with the firmware. Basically I need a complete board with no hardware for a big banana build.
I can and have built nearly anything through hole but dont have the time on this to get my SMD up to snuff just yet.
I know there are some "rules" concerning these modules and I dont want to step on anyones toes, but a scan of BST makes it clear there is a cottage industry in making them for yourselves and then selling and doing it again. I dont want a branded paneled finished module, just a flashed/complete PCB.

The point of him allowing people to openly build his stuff is to learn how to do it. Totally worth your time to do, and not all that hard to do, with plenty of tutorials and advice to be had. I'm happy to help you if you have any questions on the process, but can't make you his original modules

If you're just looking to get a budget Elements, then it is a no-no. He's not going to spend the time to do anything about it, but it isn't what he wants.

s-p-o
1-Post Wiggler

Post by s-p-o » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:27 pm

Hallo everyone!
I am currently searching for a builder to hire for a MFOS Ultimate.
I am located in Italy and my search is restricted to EU countries.
Please email me if interested.

Many thanks

SB-SIX
Ultra Wiggler

Post by SB-SIX » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:59 pm

Out of curiosity, what would a shakmat bishops miscalleny cost including build and shipping to the netherlands? It is listed as full diy kit for £110,- at thonk.
There is a chance you might like this: https://soundcloud.com/steeboo

moremagic
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by moremagic » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:05 am

ZZ Ardoz wrote:
Reese P. Dubin wrote:I am looking for someone in the USA to construct an ELEMENTS PCB only, flashed with the firmware. Basically I need a complete board with no hardware for a big banana build.

The point of him allowing people to openly build his stuff is to learn how to do it. Totally worth your time to do, and not all that hard to do, with plenty of tutorials and advice to be had. I'm happy to help you if you have any questions on the process, but can't make you his original modules

If you're just looking to get a budget Elements, then it is a no-no. He's not going to spend the time to do anything about it, but it isn't what he wants.
i think the poster was looking for bananas, not budget, which seems like itd be fine. i know theres a buchla port of some mutable modules and ive never heard olivier naysay it.

ZZ Ardoz
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ZZ Ardoz » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:22 am

moremagic wrote:i think the poster was looking for bananas, not budget, which seems like itd be fine. i know theres a buchla port of some mutable modules and ive never heard olivier naysay it.
It's an interesting line. Is jack replacement enough to call it a separate entity? Or would it have to be an entirely different form and pcb? I think it is enough on a fence to just not go there. But others might be cool with it. Bottom line is Olivier will never do anything about it, so it's up to the builder what is right and wrong.

dp
Common Wiggler

Post by dp » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:09 am

Hello I'm looking for someone to build me a Triple Sloth v2 eu/uk.
please pm me thanks

jamesdl
1-Post Wiggler

Would like to hire a builder for MOTM Thomas Henry SN Voice

Post by jamesdl » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:18 am

Hi all-

FYI this is my first post on MW, but I've been reading the threads for a long time now.

I am looking for someone to build a Thomas Henry SN voice in MOTM format. I already own the PCB for it and would mail it to you. I do not have a panel yet.

I would like to either use the bridechamber panel available at synthCube or a custom panel if some of the mods are incorporated that are outlined here: http://www.birthofasynth.com/Thomas_Hen ... _mods.html

The choice between custom or synthCube panel depends on how more the mods and custom panel would cost.

Please PM me with a quote and delivery time-frame if interested.

Thanks,
James

Eric the Red
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Eric the Red » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:10 am

Good Morning / Afternooon everyone - I just got my hands on a Ming Mecca World Core and Control Core...

Part of the building involves “Flashing an IC” <— please correct me if that terminology is incorrect, is it Program?

I’m looking for someone that will be able to help out with this. Please PM me if you can help.

Thanks,

Eric
Abandon all hope, ye who wiggle.

StateAzure
Wiggling with Experience

Post by StateAzure » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:38 am

Hi. Looking for someone to build me a Fonitronik Cascade asap for my first modular setup. Pm me pls. Looking for someone in UK preferably.

SeatedFigure
Learning to Wiggle

Magpie Dubldeca

Post by SeatedFigure » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:02 am

Anyone can build a Dubldeca in Europe please message me

the bad producer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by the bad producer » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:15 am

@SeatedFigure - I wouldn't mind one of those too, but it looks like PCBs are sold out... Would happily make one for me one for you if we could find the PCBs!

warmtape
Common Wiggler

Post by warmtape » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:44 am

hi, looking for someone (ideally in nyc area) who would perform the macumbista res-4 individual output.
Here's the thread about it:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... 7&start=50

might consider shipping it/driving it a distance, too.

dp
Common Wiggler

Post by dp » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:35 am

Looking for someone to build me a quadra expander in 2 or 4 hp
thanks

Return to “Music Tech DIY”