DIY builders for hire

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

futureman
Learning to Wiggle

Post by futureman » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:23 pm

I'm a maker outside Detroit. I've got a lot of woodworking experience and would be willing to build cases to your exact specs. Access to decorative figured woods, CNC, Laser, and commercial 3d Printers.

My day job is as an electronics technician working with scientific instrumentation. I haven't designed synth in particular, but I have very good soldering skills and know how to read a circuit diagram, so I'd also be open to doing kit assembly for those who are not comfortable soldering.

Modulart_JP
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Modulart_JP » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:34 pm

raccoonboy
Wiggling with Experience

Post by raccoonboy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:22 am

Any DIYers in Scotland/UK/EU who could make me a Hexinverter Liquid Hats v1.4 for Eurorack? Probably with one or two mods.

letitbleep
Common Wiggler

Post by letitbleep » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:52 pm

I'd like to commission a builder to do a latest-revision Plague Bearer (maybe 2 of them). is this the right place to ask? should I post in the PB thread? new to the DIY forum :)

I'm in California

thanks

neil_kerr
Wiggling with Experience

Post by neil_kerr » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:07 am

I have 2 LXRs at present, both of which aren't working properly. I bought both from different sellers, 1 worked fine for about 6 months, the other didn't ever even power up.

I am in the final stages of an EP which is due to go to vinyl pressing in January but I am unable to finish off 2 of the tracks due to the LXR packing in.

The unit that was working started crashing a few months back and has gotten worse and worse, to the extent that it will no longer read the SD cards.

I really need to get one of the units fixed asap, does anyone know of any UK based synth techs who would have a look at it?

Thanks

modraw
Learning to Wiggle

Post by modraw » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:41 am

Hey guys, I'd like to thanks lasesentaysiete for the µo_C he just built for me.
Very clean stuff and good prices, can't recommend the guy enough if you look for an european tech ;)
Thanks!

beliefsystemrecords
Common Wiggler

Post by beliefsystemrecords » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:01 am

Hello there!

Im a builder in Switzerland. I can build you almost everything. Can ship to EU for € 12.-- and worldwide for $ 22.--.

Currently in stock:

Plancks, micro Braids, Temps Utile, uClouds, Frames

ProducerMatt
Learning to Wiggle

Post by ProducerMatt » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:05 pm

Hi! I have chronic pain that keeps me from having a job, but I recently discovered I can solder just fine! I’ve been building a number of different things and I now feel comfortable offering my services. I’m very excited to do so since, as I mentioned, I have a tough time finding work I can handle.

I’d be very happy to do through-hole work most of all. Right now I haven’t done any SMD or point-to-point yet, though I bought an SMD practice board that I’ll use to figure out my technique. For doing point-to-point, I’d need to find a “helping hand” that is easier to open and close, with the dream being one thar’s opened by a motor and I can just press a button.

I’m currently building an MOTM Oakley, but I’m happy to take any format, including standalone.

Cost would be for all parts, shipping, and then a reasonable charge for how complex it was to build. We cripples work for cheap! :) Also, I’m in the US so no VAT!

Midiot
Wiggling with Experience

available

Post by Midiot » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:39 am

I'll tackle someone elses' project.
I'll try this one time.... here goes....

I love soldering and using quality components. I upgrade components that are essential in my own builds and this build.
Payment would be, you paying for one extra board and components.
In other words, I would build two identical modules....you get one, I keep one. You pay all materials.
No extra labor costs.
Time... less than one week for parts delivery to me, then 48hr max for build and shipping off to you.
(tested, because I'll have an identical build)
"We'll be living in all the oceans now."
(type of music I make.... drone atmospheres, deep late-night beats.)

sines
A Certain Wiggler

looking for repair / builder in Brooklyn / NYC area

Post by sines » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:29 pm

I have a bunch of stuff that I don't have the capacity or luck or patience to fix.

Korg VolcaKeys: power inlet needs replacement.
Korg Monotribe: same as above.

Euro:
** Intellijel uVCF **
missing 1 diode, 2 resistors, 1 Zener Diode, all SMT. Replaced multi turn 50k trimmer [side] with 50K single turn [top], can reverse this.

TipTop 909 Clap: Envelope not working at all. acts as if it's a roaring crowd of applause, which is cool, but not quite what I'm going for.

Division 6 dual sequencer : lifted pads and reinstall TL431 & L4931CZ50 Regulator. Worked until L4931CZ50 got damaged somehow.

Delptronics Thunderclap: lifted pads by power. Can no longer tell what’s what.

HexInverter NeinOhNein Snare: barely makes sound

Synthrotek Deluxe Power: lifted pads near power inlet, +5V rail never worked

Ryo Ampmix: Help all over. Never made / passed sound. First DIY build, been sitting around for a while.

STG / Magic Smoke Mankato: chopped down from frac to Euro size. Most components there except tempcos. Seriously no idea what I’m doing on this.

STG Wavefolder: stuffed minus ICs. 4 lifted pads on diodes D1-D2, D22-D23.

Orange
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Orange » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:04 am

Hi,
I am looking for someone (Europe) who can build the uO&C for me.
Plz pm me.
Thanks in advance....

ZZ Ardoz
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ZZ Ardoz » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:08 pm

Orange wrote:Hi,
Plz pm me.
Thanks in advance....
If you haven't yet, pm a couple of the above Europeans in the thread - one will certainly be able to sort it out for you.

Orange
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Orange » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:34 pm

ZZ Ardoz wrote:
Plz pm me.
Thanks in advance....
If you haven't yet, pm a couple of the above Europeans in the thread - one will certainly be able to sort it out for you.
Thanks for your help, found a builder :bananaguitar:

ZZ Ardoz
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ZZ Ardoz » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:47 pm

Orange wrote:
ZZ Ardoz wrote:
Plz pm me.
Thanks in advance....
Thanks for your help, found a builder :bananaguitar:
Result! :bananaguitar:

steffie268
Common Wiggler

Anyone up for a challenge?

Post by steffie268 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:19 am

Hello,

After many months of market research and contemplation I have decided that I want a hardware sequencer to be developed and built according to my exact specifications (at least in terms of front panel layout, functionality and workflow).

I am not an electronics engineer nor a software developer myself so I am looking for one or more people whom I can work with.

I am not sure if all of my ideas are feasible, but for now I must assume that there are no limitations to what can be done and I expect a similar attitude from the people i'll be working with.

What I am quite sure of though is that it is very unlikely that this project will be limited to a single, one-off unit... ;)

For now I'm writing a "make believe" user manual for this device with future use as a development tool in mind...

A box with lots of controls, a modest display, some ins and outs, a power supply and a ridiculously powerful CPU with a matching OS and in return fame and fortune will be bestowed upon you! (pinky swear)

Please DM me if this sounds like something you might want to be a part of in some way or another...

best regards

balbibou
Common Wiggler

Post by balbibou » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:20 am

Hi there !

I have built several electronic devices (diy kits) from multiple manufacturers over the time for friends and me including :

Shruthi (XT or classic)
Many LXR sonic potions,
A shitload of effect pedals (mostly das musikding)
Jasper clone (WASP) from Jason and CV/midi interface
Oakley power supply...
Modules
Various stuff (midi gear, stripboard modules, sequencers...)
Preen FM2
Mutable module tester lastly

- I'm not a technician but a builder -

Atm I work into production as a welderer for an aerospace and electronics entreprise (planes, copters...)

So if you don't have time for your next DIY kit or whatever i can help you with that !

I'm from Lyon, France

:sb:
Last edited by balbibou on Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:30 pm, edited 6 times in total.

julien
Common Wiggler

Post by julien » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:16 pm

Hi,
I'm looking for someone un Europe who can build a uBurst for me.
Let me know
Thanks

Switchzik
Common Wiggler

Post by Switchzik » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:13 am

EDIT: No need anymore :guinness:

Hello.
I'm look for someone who can build a DOBOZ TSNM3U http://doboz.audio/tsnm3u/ and could estimate the final cost of the assembled module.

I know that the module is out of stock but if someone is willing to get one and could build 2, I'm happy to buy you the second one :razz:

Please PM if interested, Thanks !
Last edited by Switchzik on Fri May 11, 2018 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

sam_schorb
Learning to Wiggle

Post by sam_schorb » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:32 am

Hi, i'm for someone to build a Strakal Brulu

https://www.thonk.co.uk/shop/touellskou ... kit-batch/

Please PM me a quote if you if you are interested. Thanks :)

sduck
experimental use of gravity

Post by sduck » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:54 pm

The title of the thread is "DIY builders for hire". If you are looking to get something built, first scroll through the thread, look for people in your area and try them BEFORE posting here. And if you still have to post, let us know where you are located!
flickr cloud of sound touyube NOT A MODERATOR ANYMORE

elcoco
Common Wiggler

Post by elcoco » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:19 am

Hi everyone, Just offering my services in the UK, I've built about 20 perfectly working modules for myself which are all still around about a year later, still chugging away the same way they did the first day.

I'm able to do smd and through hole so if you need something built in the UK give me a shout :tu:

100microdots
Learning to Wiggle

Post by 100microdots » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:00 am

Just had three modules built by Altitude909. He did a great job and I would highly recommend his work.

pcfrg
Learning to Wiggle

Post by pcfrg » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:13 am

I’m looking for someone in the EU, preferably in Sweden, to build me a couple of MI modules. I got my hands on some complete kits with components and all but dont feel that i have the right tools/knowledge to do the job.. pm me!

sduck
experimental use of gravity

Post by sduck » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:58 am

sduck wrote:The title of the thread is "DIY builders for hire". If you are looking to get something built, first scroll through the thread, look for people in your area and try them BEFORE posting here. And if you still have to post, let us know where you are located!
flickr cloud of sound touyube NOT A MODERATOR ANYMORE

aabbcc
Wiggling with Experience

Post by aabbcc » Mon May 14, 2018 9:34 am

pcfrg wrote:I’m looking for someone in the EU, preferably in Sweden, to build me a couple of MI modules. I got my hands on some complete kits with components and all but dont feel that i have the right tools/knowledge to do the job.. pm me!
Hi, I'm located in Sweden (Stockholm). Have built +5x each of:

Nava
Yocto
RE-303
SY1 clone (THC)
A number of various kits and pedals.

Return to “Music Tech DIY”