DIY builders for hire

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: lisa, Kent, Joe.

j_dowe
Wiggling with Experience

Post by j_dowe » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:45 pm

Jaytee wrote:Maybe finding people to “do it for you” should just be considered off-topic in the “do it yourself” forum...
wouldn't that make this whole sticky off topic? isn't this essentially a 3+ year thread of "doing it for others?"

sduck
experimental use of gravity

Post by sduck » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:33 pm

j_dowe wrote:maybe there could be a separate pinned thread for "seeking DIY builders"

?
Yes there should be such a thing. I'll start one if no-one else does. Maybe not immediately, but soon...
flickr cloud of sound touyube NOT A MODERATOR ANYMORE

Jaytee
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Jaytee » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:33 am

j_dowe wrote:
Jaytee wrote:Maybe finding people to “do it for you” should just be considered off-topic in the “do it yourself” forum...
wouldn't that make this whole sticky off topic? isn't this essentially a 3+ year thread of "doing it for others?"
That’s the joke, yes.

Edit: But on a more serious note, I’m just pointing out the same problem the previous couple of posters have pointed out. This thread is meant to be a place for DIYers to offer their services to those who are unable to DIY for whatever reason. People begging to nobody in particular to have stuff built for them isn’t really germane to this topic, and drowns out the comments from people who are actually trying to use this thread as intended.

I’m honestly not sure how I feel about a thread dedicated to asking people to build things for you. Judging from how this thread has ended up, it seems like it would be something of an echo chamber. Are any builders actually going through this thread actively looking for projects to take on?

sduck

Post by sduck » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:48 pm

Here - try this one: viewtopic.php?t=207251

And yes, it has the potential to be kind of a black hole, unless people who can actually build things and are willing to do so check in there once in a while. We'll see how this works out.

synthetek
Wiggling with Experience

Post by synthetek » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:34 am

Jaytee wrote:
I’m honestly not sure how I feel about a thread dedicated to asking people to build things for you. Judging from how this thread has ended up, it seems like it would be something of an echo chamber. Are any builders actually going through this thread actively looking for projects to take on?

I have responded to people that were looking and have ended up building things for them, they just never post that found someone or aren't looking anymore. :despair:

GroundGrown
Learning to Wiggle

Post by GroundGrown » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:51 pm

Hi Everyone!

I would be happy to build modules for people. Both of my modular systems are nearly completely DIY. I am very comfortable with both thru-hole and SMD. Provided the board and BOM, I can even source parts if needed. I also have experience troubleshooting/repairing a large variety of synths.

Located in Pittsburgh, PA.

breadman
Common Wiggler

Post by breadman » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:07 am

Might as well throw my hat in the ring here! Been building for about six years, comfortable with SMD and through hole, happy to source parts.

I have built a lot of Random Source Serge stuff in the last year so I know my way around those quite well.
Need a synth built in the USA? Get in touch!

rectangle cru

oppositaer
Learning to Wiggle

DIY builds in southern europe!

Post by oppositaer » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:29 pm

if you need experienced builders in italy or southern europe then you can ask to me..
i am building since three years DIY eurorack modules, arduino based synths, pedals, LED projects and so on..

as far as now my eurorack builds :
SSSR LABS Kotelnikov
Erica Synths Polivoks EG, VCF II, Swamp, VCO II, Midi to CV
I build DIY kits and projects in South Europe.. PM me if you need help!

Some sounds:
https://www.mixcloud.com/oppositaer/
https://soundcloud.com/arinev

EPIPHAN
Learning to Wiggle

I'm able to build stuff aswell

Post by EPIPHAN » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:34 am

I'm based in Bochum, Germany and I've collected quite a bit of experience in the last few years conbsidering analog circuits.
Currently I'm only able to build through hole stuff but soon I'll upgrade my set up to do SMD.
Later I will post about a build I'm building at the moment.

Doublecoolbossman
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Doublecoolbossman » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:35 pm

Anyone interested in building a rasteri sc1000 for me? All of it..

Located in US.

https://github.com/rasteri/SC1000.

Holler

sduck

Post by sduck » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:44 pm

try asking here... viewtopic.php?t=207251

bhmcc
Common Wiggler

Post by bhmcc » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:42 pm

Just wanted add to the praises for corpusjonsey. He fixed my X0X Heart in just a few days. Great communication, great price and now the module sounds awesome! Highly recommended!

Jaytee
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Jaytee » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:34 pm

I am open to building through-hole projects for anyone looking. (I don’t mind occasional SMT when an otherwise all-THT project demands it, but I’m not looking to build stuff like Ornament and Crime or MI modules.)

Have built big stuff like TTSH, MB-6582, GILBERT, along with other various smaller projects for my personal gear collection. Can provide reference on request.

Located in Massachusetts USA.

Edouard
Learning to Wiggle

Looking for someone to fix a Mutable Instr. Branches DIY PCB

Post by Edouard » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:25 pm

Hello experienced builders,

I've sourced and soldered all the components on a Branches PCB, and I have successfully compiled the firmware and bootloader using the Vagrant Mutable Instruments development environment virtual machine, but I haven't been able to upload the bootloader and firmware on it.

My Olimex AVR ISP MKII was recognized by both AVRFuses on Mac and Atmel Studio 7 on Windows, and I had used jumper wires to convert the 10-pin ISP port to the 6-pin one used on the Branches PCB. The problem is just that it cannot connect to the Atmega88p, whether the board is Eurorack-powered or not.

While I've successfully built dozens of DIY modules, this one was the one with the most SMD 603 so I can't be sure that the soldering is perfect or that I haven't damaged some component with too much heat.

I've compared the voltages captured by my multimeter with the ones planned on the board schematic and could not find an unwanted bridge. I've just noticed that the two electrolytic capacitors, the one at +12V before the voltage regulator and the one at +5V after the voltage regulator get quite hot on the side very quickly after powering the board, I'm not sure if it's normal.

I've lost enough time on this thing to let it go, so I'd like to hire someone, if possible in Europe for easy shipment, to fix my panel and most importantly let me know what my mistake was.

Waiting for a charitable soul :help:

climbingtyler
Veteran Wiggler

Post by climbingtyler » Tue May 07, 2019 6:04 pm

Hi everyone!

I work for WMD (5-years and counting) and am looking for extra work to do on the side to help me catch up on some debt and get back on track.

I have tons of experience from WMD doing through hole and SMT (down to 0402 size) and am confident in my building skills. I also do all our repairs and troubleshooting so if you have a project you need help with I am always willing to give them a shot.

Kits I have built so far:

73-75 homebuilt
NAVA
uJove
Bastl grandPA
x0x heart
Gilbert

Cheers!
-Tyler

vladosh
Learning to Wiggle

Post by vladosh » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:21 am

. sorry deleted

nicholasgreen
Learning to Wiggle

Post by nicholasgreen » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:51 pm

I'm currently building a bunch of R*S 4x4 right now for myself and would be happy to build any of those for SF Bay Area wigglers. Specifically I'm in Oakland

nicholasryangreen@gmail.com

SampleGrinder
Learning to Wiggle

Post by SampleGrinder » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:48 am

great idea!!! cool resource for finding someone in your country or even region

ej303909
1-Post Wiggler

diy builder based in glasgow happy to build stuff for ya!

Post by ej303909 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:02 am

hey there,

Moderator edit: Please, no selling stuff until you have 100 posts - see the rules - viewtopic.php?t=34546

alexam
Learning to Wiggle

Post by alexam » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:17 am

Hello there,

so because i got a lot of fun at building up my little modular, i would like to offer you building up modules for you.

I build several Mutable Instruments Modules (also the Ambika and some Shruthis), some MFOS stuff, worked a while at a music store where i repaired digital pianos on component basis and did some modifications to a lot of stuff which i am using to make some kind of music.

so basically, i got a nice hot air station and a nice soldering iron and all the equipment, that is needed for tasks like this and i know how to handle them. So if someone is interessted just write me a message.

- I am located in germany and could ship within europe

best greetings!

rduif
Learning to Wiggle

Post by rduif » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:41 am

Hi everyone,

I am relatively new to modular (started about a year ago) but have plenty of experience with refurbishing vintage audio gear and used to work as a technician at rental service for DJ and lighting equipment. So I'm quite comfortable with soldering/diagnosing/calibrating, and I have most tools you'd expect. Mostly set up for THT. Not an expert at programming microprocessors (yet) unfortunately.

I'm based in Rotterdam, Netherlands and would consider building stuff for others to fund my own modular journey. Kits would be my preference, just because it's convenient, though I do source my own components normally.

Besides that, I'd particularly love to find some fellow builders in the Netherlands to share ideas, test modules and build weird prototypes with. Wouldn't mind having someone to call when I inevitably find out I've forgotten to order a specific component again either. It's too bad that there are no physical electronics components stores around anymore...

Cheers

welhamc
Common Wiggler

Post by welhamc » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:58 pm

Located in Bristol, UK and can offer a range of DIY services, from module building to servicing of Technics. PM with any queries

xonetacular
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by xonetacular » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:16 pm

Plenty of experience, very detail oriented, and available to build:

Buchla
Randomsource Serge
73-75 Serge
RE-303/Gilbert
Syncussion
Euro
and more

xonetacular
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: DIY builders for hire

Post by xonetacular » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:25 am

Located in the US

I'm available and have experience building:
Buchla (any)
Randomsource Serge panels and 4x4
73-75 serge
Dinsync RE-303
Dinsync Gilbert
Syncussion
Have built tons of euro but don't personally use any euro now, but building is no problem
Other projects

Have years of experience with sdiy and I'm very meticulous about building and detail oriented. My builds look extremely clean and professional. I'm currently going back to school for an EE degree to change careers so this is a good time for some side electronics work.

EATyourGUITAR
has no life

Re: DIY builders for hire

Post by EATyourGUITAR » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:52 pm

I am available for SMD or through hole builds. I do mostly eurorack but I still have the ability to power up and test MOTM. building self contained boxes and power supplies is also possible. I can design a module or circuit from start to finish. I do printed circuit board design, panel design, case design. I have a SMD reflow oven with max PCB size of 9in x 12in. my repair skills are solid but I prefer new builds. you might find that it is not cost effective to pay someone to fix a failed DIY build. I really prefer module design, PCB design, and SMD builds. I am really good at it.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

Return to “Music Tech DIY”