DIY builders for hire

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

chachi
Veteran Wiggler

Re: DIY builders for hire

Post by chachi » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:07 pm

is this the right thread for repair people? i’m in portland, or. and i have a kurzweil K2000 that lost its will to live and a CS-60 that needs adjustment. i have used Tim in the past and want someone else. thanks!

AC-130U
Learning to Wiggle

Post by AC-130U » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:13 pm

Hey, I'll build for people in SMT and through hole, 5U or 3U format, doesn't matter.

I will also be willing to make cases within the near future - acquiring woodworking tools at this time.

I'm in the Provo UT area.

AC-130U

ancientbones
Learning to Wiggle

Post by ancientbones » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:04 pm

Anyone in the US build full custom synths? I’m interested in commissioning something like a stripped down, durable Roland sh-1000. All I’m looking for is 2 vco’s, a filter, a simple envelope generator (attack & decay), and two LFO’s and a small keybed. 37 keys would be fine.

I have experience soldering, but I’m not a woodworker so I’m not sure how I’d pull off building a case and wiring a keyboard.

djs
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by djs » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:29 am

ancientbones wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:04 pm
Anyone in the US build full custom synths? I’m interested in commissioning something like a stripped down, durable Roland sh-1000. All I’m looking for is 2 vco’s, a filter, a simple envelope generator (attack & decay), and two LFO’s and a small keybed. 37 keys would be fine.
More complex than what you're looking for, but have you seen this?

https://synthcube.com/cart/diy-kits/no- ... er-deposit
"Noise is what the Earth is made of" - David Bowie

pfzzz
Learning to Wiggle

Re:

Post by pfzzz » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:35 am

alexam wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:17 am
Hello there,

so because i got a lot of fun at building up my little modular, i would like to offer you building up modules for you.

I build several Mutable Instruments Modules (also the Ambika and some Shruthis), some MFOS stuff, worked a while at a music store where i repaired digital pianos on component basis and did some modifications to a lot of stuff which i am using to make some kind of music.

so basically, i got a nice hot air station and a nice soldering iron and all the equipment, that is needed for tasks like this and i know how to handle them. So if someone is interessted just write me a message.

- I am located in germany and could ship within europe

best greetings!
I cannot send messages for some reason, please send an email to pfzzz.pfzzz[at]gmail, need to build some modules

welhamc
Common Wiggler

Post by welhamc » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:12 pm

I'm located in Bristol, UK. I am happy to offer a range of DIY services including module building (5U/MOTM/Eurorack/4u), power supply building and some repair services. If you have anything to ask please PM me!

theianscott
Learning to Wiggle

Post by theianscott » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:37 am

Hi All,

I am just getting into EuroRack and I have a Pittsburgh Modular MIDI3 - bought it second hand, it is my first extender module for a DFAM and M32 combo. Using it with a RowPower 30. It wasnt working when it arrived, I think I tried to power into the wrong connector (the extender connector?) located the right one, and still no luck to power it up.

In desperation I flipped the power cable and got the grey smoke of death. Contacted Pitsburgh Mod who said they could sort it, but I am near Manchester in the UK so it isn’t practical to send it off. Whilst I could probably have a pop at it myself… think I have done enough damage as it is!

Is there a decent EuroRack medic I could post it to? Possibly the RowPower too so I can get a full bill of health before I get it back? I am thinking there must be some self isolating engineers in here now! :)

Thanks in advance.

Staticcharge
Common Wiggler

Post by Staticcharge » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:24 am

theianscott wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:37 am
Hi All,

I am just getting into EuroRack and I have a Pittsburgh Modular MIDI3 - bought it second hand, it is my first extender module for a DFAM and M32 combo. Using it with a RowPower 30. It wasnt working when it arrived, I think I tried to power into the wrong connector (the extender connector?) located the right one, and still no luck to power it up.

In desperation I flipped the power cable and got the grey smoke of death. Contacted Pitsburgh Mod who said they could sort it, but I am near Manchester in the UK so it isn’t practical to send it off. Whilst I could probably have a pop at it myself… think I have done enough damage as it is!

Is there a decent EuroRack medic I could post it to? Possibly the RowPower too so I can get a full bill of health before I get it back? I am thinking there must be some self isolating engineers in here now! :)

Thanks in advance.
I've sent you a PM. I've built through hole and smd, early days: turing machines and FC monoblock modules etc. Recently: Plaits, SMR, Performer sequencers and Stages, rings, Elements and so on.
I'm based in Kent but I've finished/repaired modules built by a guy not far from you, Ben Parsons in Prestwich, you may not of heard of him but it's a small world.

Boneoh
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Boneoh » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:58 am

PM sent.

EATyourGUITAR
has no life

Post by EATyourGUITAR » Thu May 21, 2020 11:19 am

theianscott wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:37 am
Pittsburgh Modular MIDI3
only pittsburgh has the software needed to finish the repair. I don't think they will distribute that around the internet. you may be wasting more money sending it to people who definitely don't have what it takes or at least not without the help of pittsburgh.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

elmegil
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by elmegil » Thu May 21, 2020 12:04 pm

I have arranged repairs of Doepfer MIDI where the controller chips was bad by getting the programmed chip from a Doepfer representative in the US. Something similar may be possible with the Pittsburgh, without getting into proprietary IP.

Radtron
1-Post Wiggler

Post by Radtron » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:28 pm

I bought an ornaments and crime module from someone in Puerto Rico. Not to long after I bought it the module only outputs the same voltage from all CV out jacks. I noticed when I push the pot it creates some noise. I inspected the solder and didn't note any bridges or bad solder jobs. I suspect a bad pot. Is there anyone willing to look at it? Thank you for your time.

Return to “Music Tech DIY”