CS-80 filter v2.3 for Euro & 5U

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

sammy123
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by sammy123 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:11 am

oldcrow said he would offer panels and the fpd file.

mOBiTh
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mOBiTh » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:15 pm

ah cool, well either way I guess :)

oldcrow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by oldcrow » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:08 am

Heya folks, I've been up to my eyeballs in building Crowminius units for the Kickstarter folks, but I managed to build up a v2.3.2 of my RR480 today. I needed to do this before putting boards up for sale on my sales site to verify they worked as expected. :guinness:

Here is a photo spread of the build. The green one is the one I made for Robert Rich that he loaned back to me for Knobcon. I am going to do some minor maintenance on it before shipping it back but it serves here as a nice reference. The blue boards are what folks will be able to buy.

ImageImage

I mounted the capacitors on the bottom of this module to lower the profile a bit. Harder to tear them loose that way.

ImageImage

The host board and main board mate using ten header and socket pairs. The v2.3 board series can be built for 5U/MU as well as Euro, otherwise I would have reduced everything to two header/socket sets. Even so, they are simple enough to assemble as you just mate the pairs up and put them in the boards, clamp them together and solder.

ImageImage

The only real change from Robert's unit to mine is I changed to E-Switch parts that I use on Crowminius, etc. and I corrected a host board error I had to hack and solder to fix. I also went with 12.7mm nylon board locks, much faster to assemble vs. screws, pillars, etc. :sb:

ImageImage

The RR480 v2.3.2 bare board set, in stock this weekend. FPD file will be free, though I will stock some panels as well. Enjoy! --Crow

Last edited by oldcrow on Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dogma
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dogma » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:41 am

oldcrow wrote:Heya folks, I've been up to my eyeballs in building Crowminius units for the Kickstarter folks, but I managed to build up a v2.3.2 of my RR480 today. I needed to do this before putting boards up for sale on my sales site to verify they worked as expected. :guinness:

Here is a photo spread of the build. The green one is the one I made for Robert Rich that he loaned back to me for Knobcon. I am going to do some minor maintenance on it before shipping it back but it serves here as a nice reference. The blue boards are what folks will be able to buy.

ImageImage

I mounted the capacitors on the bottom as this module to lower the profile a bit. Harder to tear them loose that way.

ImageImage

The host board and main board mate using ten header and socket pairs. The v2.3 board series can be built for 5U/MU as well as Euro, otherwise I would have reduced everything to two header/socket sets. Even so, they are simple enough to assemble as you just mate the pairs up and put them in the boards, clamp them together and solder.

ImageImage

The only real change from Robert's unit to mine is I changed to E-Switch parts that I use on Crowminius, etc. and I corrected a host board error I had to hack and solder to fix. I also went with 12.7mm nylon board locks, much faster to assemble vs. screws, pillars, etc. :sb:

ImageImage

The RR480 v2.3.2 bare board set, in stock this weekend. FPD file will be free, though I will stock some panels as well. Enjoy! --Crow

Scott been waiting for this for over a year!!!!!!!!!!!
Would you be able to provide a mouser cart for this project if you have time?
And is there a link to these boards?
Really looks fantastic and I'm sure it's gonna sound the same
look up!

sammy123
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by sammy123 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:19 am

Looks good and like a pretty straight forward build.

paults
mice nuts

Post by paults » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:38 am

SynthTech will be offering this in non-DIY, 1 board (SMT) version.

mOBiTh
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mOBiTh » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:16 am

will you post a link crow when the pcbs are in your shop please?

oldcrow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by oldcrow » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:20 am

Yes, I will have the link up sometime Thursday afternoon. I have 8 boards sets available at the moment but am ordering more. :sb:

Here is a short demo of the same filter circuit as used on my CS80 Shruthi filter board. I'll have more demos when I can manage to keep a module in the house. :goo:

http://www.cs80.com/shruthi/CS80_Shruth ... Demo01.wav
mOBiTh wrote:will you post a link crow when the pcbs are in your shop please?

Isaiah
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Isaiah » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:55 am

oldcrow
Excellent!

CSR-15 next (after the Crowminius and this)? :love:

ZZ Ardoz
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ZZ Ardoz » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:20 am

oldcrow wrote:Yes, I will have the link up sometime Thursday afternoon. I have 8 boards sets available at the moment but am ordering more. :sb:

Here is a short demo of the same filter circuit as used on my CS80 Shruthi filter board. I'll have more demos when I can manage to keep a module in the house. :goo:

http://www.cs80.com/shruthi/CS80_Shruth ... Demo01.wav
mOBiTh wrote:will you post a link crow when the pcbs are in your shop please?
I'll take one!!! Looks fantastic!

GryphonP3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by GryphonP3 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:44 am

Also want one for sure!! Hoping i see that link posted quickly.
My cat can eat a whole watermelon ...

mOBiTh
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mOBiTh » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:49 am

oldcrow wrote:Yes, I will have the link up sometime Thursday afternoon. I have 8 boards sets available at the moment but am ordering more. :sb:
What time zone you in yo? i.e. what time do I have to stay up until?

:goo: :ripbanana:

oldcrow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by oldcrow » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:00 pm

OK link is active:

http://cs80-com.myshopify.com/products/ ... r-eurorack

I will of course be ordering more. This board set was my verification batch, which I keep small in quantity in case there was a proofing issue. :sb: :sb:

yan6
Ultra Wiggler

Post by yan6 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:02 pm

Yeah!!! I know I got me one :tu:

GryphonP3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by GryphonP3 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:13 pm

yan6 wrote:Yeah!!! I know I got me one :tu:
Hell yeah! :sb:

oldcrow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by oldcrow » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:39 pm

I discovered I have more version 2.2 boards as well. These are intended for 5U/MU whereas v2.3 is a revision to make building into the Eurorack format easier. A v2.3.x can of course be used for 5U/MU, but v2.2 are the same thing. :sb:

http://cs80-com.myshopify.com/products/ ... rd-rev-2-2

GryphonP3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by GryphonP3 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:52 pm

Do you have any audio teasers for us while we wait for them to arrive? I apologize if there are any on your site, I cant find em.

williamcarthief
Common Wiggler

Post by williamcarthief » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:00 pm

I'm extremely interested in this project but I don't want to attempt to make my own panel and I've never had one made. I don't know how to go about having one made or what the cost would be. If someone could enlighten me I would be grateful.

EDIT: I purchased the boards as I didn't want to potentially miss out on this project. I'm hoping the panels become available as mentioned, or I'll be able to figure out how to get one ordered. I'm pretty excited.
Last edited by williamcarthief on Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZZ Ardoz
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ZZ Ardoz » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:48 pm

GryphonP3 wrote:Do you have any audio teasers for us while we wait for them to arrive? I apologize if there are any on your site, I cant find em.
Weren't you just over in the MicroBraids thread saying you couldn't find something listed right on the product page?

Look up the thread a few posts, he posted a direct link to a sample and there are more here, which is linked right from Crow's page http://synthtech.com/motm/480/

and get some better glasses!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

mcbinc
Common Wiggler

Post by mcbinc » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:25 am

GryphonP3 wrote:Do you have any audio teasers for us while we wait for them to arrive? I apologize if there are any on your site, I cant find em.
They're all here: CS80 Demo Page

GryphonP3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by GryphonP3 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:10 am

ZZ Ardoz wrote:
Weren't you just over in the MicroBraids thread saying you couldn't find something listed right on the product page?

Look up the thread a few posts, he posted a direct link to a sample and there are more here, which is linked right from Crow's page http://synthtech.com/motm/480/

and get some better glasses!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for the link! Sorry, I'm always travelling and on mobile only so sometimes I miss links. Specifically on the uBraids thing, the links did not click on my phone from the github version, so i didn't check whether they would click through on the prodict page. Still, guilty! And thanks for the help.

I would also be interested in a black panel. It looks nice, and would be great next to the GX1 resonator.
Last edited by GryphonP3 on Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mOBiTh
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mOBiTh » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:08 am

you snooze you lose :deadbanana:

Jonachi
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Jonachi » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:09 am

Damn that sold out fast! Looking for a euro pcb with panel. Guess I'm too late to the party?

oldcrow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by oldcrow » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:35 pm

I am ordering more. :sb:

williamcarthief
Common Wiggler

Post by williamcarthief » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:49 pm

Oldcrow, what's the word on panels? I'd like a silver one. Any idea on when they might be available?

Return to “Music Tech DIY”