DIY Mutable Unsuccessful Builds

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: lisa, Kent, Joe.

epijdemic
Learning to Wiggle

Re: DIY Mutable Unsuccessful Builds

Post by epijdemic » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:46 am

forestcaver wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:27 am
Good news! Sounds like the other one has a problem as well! :-)
Yes. I found out when i link 2 Stages and create a 12 step sequencer and have the "jumpy channel 5" module on the right the jump does not "bleed" through to the first output of the left module. the MCU seems to send the correct voltage but the opamp output adds 0.5-1V to channel 5 output (and thus to all outputs of this module)

weirdly both modules are doing this, one more extreme than the other. there might be a wrong resistor value somewhere? i gotta investigate some more with the original eagle file

forestcaver
Veteran Wiggler

Post by forestcaver » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:40 am

epijdemic wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:46 am
forestcaver wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:27 am
Good news! Sounds like the other one has a problem as well! :-)
Yes. I found out when i link 2 Stages and create a 12 step sequencer and have the "jumpy channel 5" module on the right the jump does not "bleed" through to the first output of the left module. the MCU seems to send the correct voltage but the opamp output adds 0.5-1V to channel 5 output (and thus to all outputs of this module)

weirdly both modules are doing this, one more extreme than the other. there might be a wrong resistor value somewhere? i gotta investigate some more with the original eagle file
Yep - sounds like a systematic error. (It sounds like possibly a cap in place of a resistor again tbh....)

funketek
Learning to Wiggle

Post by funketek » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:59 am

Built Clouds DIY - all 3.3V pins read correctly for power, the -10 reference is also accurate. Was able to successfully flash the clouds firmware to the device. Calibrated at 1V and 3V to note/CV and the LEDs all behaved as the manual indicated. When powering up, the unit lights up the 4 LEDs red followed by orange. Load/save and audio selector buttons seem to work as expected. However, aside from the gain knob and the input/output jacks, none of the CV controls seem to do anything nor do the pots (aside from gain). The output from the output jacks is also very quiet even with gain fully clockwise.

I am getting continuity on 2 of the 3 pins on almost all of the 10K pots, but in some instances it's between pot and ground and others it is pot and 3v3. There is also continuity between the texture and blend pots (middle pins) as well as their corresponding pins on the STM32. Is the best course of action to remove the STM32, clean everything and try again? Or is there a better place to start troubleshooting?

Return to “Music Tech DIY”