DIY Mutable Unsuccessful Builds

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

auditorycanvas
Learning to Wiggle

Re: DIY Mutable Unsuccessful Builds

Post by auditorycanvas » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:51 pm

akashic53 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:59 pm
Blinds is not too complicated - just a bunch of opamps. Since it is a global problem, I would check the +/- supply voltages at the opamp supply pins. Take a look at the board for obvious faults. See if there are any hot components.
Thanks very much for the pointers. I'll see what I can figure out.

bman
Learning to Wiggle

Post by bman » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:52 pm

bman wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:43 pm
I'm troubleshooting an Antumbra Knit (Plaits clone) that's been puzzling me for a while.

Everything works but the output volume on both outs is too low. As long as I run it through a VCA to bump up the level, everything sounds great. But if I don't it's super quiet compared to my Elements or Braids. Also the level also seems to rise a little in the first ~10-15 seconds I've got it powered on. So it starts almost silent, then rises up to a level that's audible but nowhere near the level of my other modules.

My initial thought is that since it's a problem with BOTH outputs, it's got to be something to do with the TL072. I replaced the TL072 as well as all of the resistors and capacitors immediately connected to it. Based on the Eagle file, I checked continuity from each pin on the TL072 to each point it should be connected to and that seems fine. Also made sure none of the pins are connected (except the two that are connected to ground). Made sure the TL072 is getting +12V and -12V.

Any ideas of what else might be causing both outputs to be low volume?
I found that C7 (+3V3 on the DAC to ground) was installed backwards. Replaced it but still have the same problem. Is there some what that may have damaged the DAC? It's getting 3.3V on all of the +3V3 pins and all the +3V3_A pins.

gamblid
Learning to Wiggle

Post by gamblid » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:30 pm

Ok so i replaced all IC's, including the processor on my clouds and it still sounds broken. I've programmed with a FTDI and im thinking its not doing a good job, so now im trying to program it thru jtag instead but it returns this message. A little note, the progrogrammer has the following connected: SWDIO -> JTMS, SWCLK -> JTCK, 3.3V -> 3.3V, GND -> GND. I've used this with my elements before and programmed it successfully. Please help.

Info : Unable to match requested speed 2000 kHz, using 1800 kHz
Info : Unable to match requested speed 2000 kHz, using 1800 kHz
Info : clock speed 1800 kHz
Info : STLINK v2 JTAG v31 API v2 SWIM v7 VID 0x0483 PID 0x3748
Info : using stlink api v2
Info : Target voltage: 3.183290
Error: init mode failed (unable to connect to the target)
in procedure 'init'
in procedure 'ocd_bouncer'

make: *** [upload_combo_jtag] Error 1

bonzai
Common Wiggler

Post by bonzai » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:35 am

Have you tried connecting the module to external power as well during flashing? Seems like some modules need both power sources, ext and jtag.

gamblid
Learning to Wiggle

Post by gamblid » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:51 am

bonzai wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:35 am
Have you tried connecting the module to external power as well during flashing? Seems like some modules need both power sources, ext and jtag.
Yes I did but nothing so far. Is there an alternative to mutable dev environment to upload to stm32 on clouds?

Sikkboy
Common Wiggler

Post by Sikkboy » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:21 pm

Hello lovely people of MuffWiggler! New plaits build. I am not getting audio out of the unit. When I power the unit up there is a quick pop but then it goes silent. Anyone know what could be the culprit of this problem? Thanks in advance.

gamblid
Learning to Wiggle

Post by gamblid » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:25 pm

I think I found the fault on the clouds... the 10v shunt seems to be dead. It gives 0V instead of 10v. When I checked for voltages I completely forgot this was on the board :/ I feel so dumb. Hopefully this fixes it :despair:

Return to “Music Tech DIY”