[Project] Turing Machine Mk2

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe., lisa

Thonk Support
aka Monobass

Re: [Project] Turing Machine Mk2

Post by Thonk Support » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:59 pm

Tombola wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:40 am
Then check the pins and connections around pins 1,2,3 of the TL074 (both on the front board) + on the output scale pot.
citruesilver - For reference the Turing schematic is here - https://github.com/TomWhitwell/TuringMa ... ay2016.pdf

and the section Tom is talking about i've highlighted in red, so you can trace continuity around that section with your multimeter to check everything is as it should be and that you're not seeing any connections (i.e. shorts) that aren't reflected in the schematic.
Screenshot 2021-01-11 at 20.55.12.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thonk - CLICK HERE - Modular Synth DIY + Eurorack Accessories Store

AS of October 2020 this account which used to go by the name of Monobass is now manned by various staff at Thonk.

Kelaifu
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Kelaifu » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:16 am

Don't wanna divert the thread, I'm kinda getting the some of the same problems, specifically the dull tone at every step which I think isn't supposed to happen...

Did yours calibrate ok? When I follow the video config guide, my output tone is 8bit style noise, not the output I am using a test input and turning the trim pot doesnt seem to have much effect expect when its turned to minimum when it becomes a more solid 8 bit krrrrrssssshhhh.

Thonk Support
aka Monobass

Post by Thonk Support » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:25 am

Hey Kelaifu, cam you post a video with audio so we can see and hear how you are patching it?
Thonk - CLICK HERE - Modular Synth DIY + Eurorack Accessories Store

AS of October 2020 this account which used to go by the name of Monobass is now manned by various staff at Thonk.

Kelaifu
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Kelaifu » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:02 am

I can't post a video at the mo, its 11pm and the rest of the house is sleeping...I'll do it tomorrow though.

I set up the config / test as the vimeo guide suggests, square from my VCO in, output going out to the amp (via a VCA)

Under normal use I have a LFO going into the clock input, output to the VCA as before.

Will post a video tomorrow anyway, thanks

citruesilver
Learning to Wiggle

Post by citruesilver » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:20 am

checked the module with multimeter, can not find an error, however I am not very good at electronics. Does anybody have another idea? Thanks!

citruesilver
Learning to Wiggle

Post by citruesilver » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:10 am

Nobody?

Well then this is a write off for me. Disappointing...gonna sell it off. If somebody is interested for 30 Euro plus shipping PM me.

No more Thonk for me, pity...

Kelaifu
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Kelaifu » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:36 am

citruesilver wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:10 am
Nobody?

Well then this is a write off for me. Disappointing...gonna sell it off. If somebody is interested for 30 Euro plus shipping PM me.

I wouldnt give up just yet, I know how frustrating this can be but I think I have the same issue too so we should be able to sort it out between us. I'll read through your posts later, not had time recently. I was just checking the thread to see if you'd found your solution.

cptnal
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cptnal » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:53 am

citruesilver wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:10 am
Nobody?

It took me a while to get mine working too, and I was getting to the point of writing it off more than once. There were some helping hands along the way from Steve and Tom, but my fix was just down to reflowing joints, even if they looked OK, and seemed to be unrelated to the problem I was experiencing.
Is it finished?
Latest Tune:
Sounds: SoundCloud , Freesound
Racks: Big Case, Top Row, Funboat, Tinicase

Return to “Music Tech DIY”