73-75 Serge panels from Zthee

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Joe., luketeaford, lisa, Kent

thombet
Learning to Wiggle

Re: 73-75 Serge panels from Zthee

Post by thombet » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:42 pm

thanks Tele_player, will run a ground wire for those jacks. aha that bend cap i saw it, but i didnt make the link with a space issue so thanks for that tip as will!

i also send a mail to Jon and he replied the cap had a wrong orientation on the foto and the silkscreen printing is correct :)

now off to calibrating the second board!

thombet
Learning to Wiggle

Re:

Post by thombet » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:57 pm

diophantine wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:00 pm
What sort of range are people getting on the Negative Slew?

I intended to calibrate mine the original way, with the max frequency at 1kHz on the top one. But, it maxed out at around 900Hz. And that that frequency, the min frequency was around 6Hz - waaay too high for me.

Now I have them both calibrated to 500Hz max, which gives a min period of around 7-8 seconds.

Is that similar to what others have?
i have the same issue on the negative slew, i cant reach that 1 kHz. anyone solved this issue yet? could the quality of the CA3086 be an issue i found mine on Utsource.

PacificState
Common Wiggler

Post by PacificState » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:01 am

I asked about the ground connection a few posts back, but had some other Q’s:

- I’m adding a banana to the case to bring the ground out; in line with the prior conversation, I guess this would mean it’d be connected to the post DC-DC ground?

- There’s no ground on the line out jack; what’s the best way to handle this if I connect it (say) to my soundcard?

Thanks!

finlayshakespeare
Learning to Wiggle

Post by finlayshakespeare » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:08 am

PacificState wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:01 am

- I’m adding a banana to the case to bring the ground out; in line with the prior conversation, I guess this would mean it’d be connected to the post DC-DC ground?
Yes, you want to connect the grounding banana jack to that post-DC-DC ground, i.e. whatever the ground rail is referred to on the PCB - I forget what the letter is ;)
PacificState wrote:
- There’s no ground on the line out jack; what’s the best way to handle this if I connect it (say) to my soundcard?
Connect the ground lug of the line out jack to the same ground that you need to connect the grounding banana to. OR make up some cables which take a ground banana and a signal banana to an in-line jack socket.

tele_player
Wiggling with Experience

Post by tele_player » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:07 am

PacificState wrote:

Thanks!
I’m wondering what ‘line out jack’ you’re referring to? I send whatever I’ve decided is output (gate, or reverb, or oscillator etc) to one of the adapters, then use 3.5mm from there to amp or mixer.

PacificState
Common Wiggler

Post by PacificState » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:34 am

Ahem - it's the preamp *input*. All working now - thanks!

Return to “Music Tech DIY”