Something New from Doc Sketchy

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Prunesquallor
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Something New from Doc Sketchy

Post by Prunesquallor » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:36 am

Dr. Sketch-n-Etch wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:13 pm
So, I've just nearly finished a pretty big project -- a Serge-format version of the Quadra + Expander, for a fellow wiggler. This will be part of a larger Serge-style build being coordinated by Loudest Warning. Here is what the Quadra part of the panel will look like:
QuadraSergePanel.png
Here are the boards I have laid out and made for this project. They are all 6" high x 5.9" wide. There is a Panel PCB, a Translator PCB, and a Quadra PCB. The Panel PCB has all panel components and logic circuitry for the Quadrature Mode switch, and Quadra PCB has all the circuitry for the Quadra, plus the CV circuitry from the Expander, and the Translator PCB goes inbetween and is where all the interconnections are made between the Panel board and the Quadra board. It also has all the Quadrature Mode and OR circuitry from the Expander. Laying out this monstrosity was like an exercise in 3-D Sudoku.
QuadraAllFront.jpeg
QuadraAllBack.jpeg
Here is now the boards stack up into a sandwich:
QuadraStackBottom.jpeg
QuadraStackTop.jpeg
QuadraStackEdge.jpeg
I'm waiting for the pots and banana jacks to arrive from Small Bear, and then I can send the whole mess off to Loudest Warning for final assembly. But first I have to thoroughly test it to make sure that all this shit actually works.
Just catching up. Nice to see those extra pics, Dave. Can't wait to get hold of that baby!

Looking back through the thread, next I'd like the Rubicon 2, Morgasmatron and scanning Polaris next to each other in a 3-inch-deep boat. :hihi:
If at first you don't succeed read the instruction manual.

Prunesquallor
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Prunesquallor » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:40 am

Revok wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:41 pm
Nicely done! Looking forward to seeing the complete synth.
It's fitting into a Buchla-esq modulation panel to accompany my LW Sing To Me panel, Charlie's Animoo-on-steroids synth.
Laser Attack.jpg
Now back to your regular programming.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

indigoid
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by indigoid » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:50 am

Looks like a fun party!

Personally I'd have left the Sloth controls and CV inputs off the panel, they're plenty loopy without them, and put a mini clock divider or counter in there instead. Not my panel tho :-)
Zap him again! ZAP THE SONOFABITCH AGAIN!

Prunesquallor
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Prunesquallor » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:58 am

indigoid wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:50 am
Looks like a fun party!

Personally I'd have left the Sloth controls and CV inputs off the panel, they're plenty loopy without them, and put a mini clock divider or counter in there instead. Not my panel tho :-)
Interesting! Not having used them, I was going with other comments on them here. Apparently, nlc includes them on a lot of builds. Anyway, I'm going with clock dividers on my NEXT panel. :lol:

Return to “Music Tech DIY”